Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Yeah i had received an email about it this am. Strange indeed.

2 Likes

still closed as of 8:24 pm EST too. Maybe they are trying to drive out the last American trader holdouts like me

2 Likes

Every business faces issues, and if this is not something regular, then we should definitely understand their situation. I am sure they will be equally stressed about losing some of their clients after this happened.

1 Like

There always seems to be such a deep lack of transparency, though. “Due to an issue we are experiencing with the liquidity provider” is so ambiguously vague.

Things like this can open doors for more questions, and when clients cannot get proper answers, they may start to speculate and make broad assumptions, which is not good for business.

I agree that the lack of specificity is frustrating. I came into trading from matched betting and bookies are similarly vague in their explanations

still closed as of NY open today too. this isn’t the first time they’ve had issues like this.

Darn it jesso! You beat me to it. I thought I was gonna be the first one to mention CedarFX haha.

I added them to my list for brokers that accept US clients who want high leverage.

It seems the OP of this very long thread needs to be severely updated, no?

1 Like

@SmallPaul is the man to talk to about that.

1 Like

Are you in the US then?

Received this email from Coinexx! They are definitely giving good competition to Turnkey Forex.

2 Likes

i was gonna post my list of brokers but i don’t want the spy’s to use my list against me

3 Likes

got this email from SpectroCoin , very interesting

Get a Dedicated International Bank Account Number (IBAN) in Your Name|

Dear Client,

From our experience, fiat withdrawals from and deposits to cryptocurrency exchanges might become a bit of a difficulty, as not every financial institution accepts them. The reluctance to support transfers from crypto exchanges might become a burden for the client who might not be able to gain access to their funds and spend them.

SpectroCoin partner has a solution – you can open a free account with an International Bank Account Number (IBAN) in your own name to send and receive fiat to and from any account . With this solution, you can send and receive payments in your own name , as well as pay for your purchases with SpectroCoin Visa debit card.

Virtual IBAN supports SEPA (Single European Payment Area), SEPA Instant and SWIFT payments in Euros.

IBAN services are available to all verified SpectroCoin clients. Press the button below and get your IBAN account today!

2 Likes

did a quick look and all I’m seeing is for US minor outlying islands, not USA customers

2 Likes

yeah i see. i might of got rejected when i sign up and they kept my email address, i will try to sign in and see what happens , but i think this might be the future even for us americans if our goverment don’t shut it down for us

Makes sense!

1 Like

Yep I’m in the US

1 Like

Good idea, SmallPaul, to not publish here your list of favorite offshore brokers anymore which could help the enemy, which are the hostile regulators dedicated and determined to drastically lower leverage. Traders can use very small amounts of money to experiment with different brokers, using a little trial and error to find decent brokers.

2 Likes

I’m admittedly still new to this Crypto world of ours, so why does a broker to broker BTC transfer take 10 minutes, but a broker to coinbase pro BTC transfer take 12 hours? what am I missing?

It may have nothing to do with Coinbase. They like others require at least three confirmations.

What can happen is either a to low of a fee set by the sender or network congestion.

Once it’s been verified 3 times on the chain, then it’s sitting on Coinbase waiting to be credited to your account.

1 Like

I’m almost positive it has nothing to do with coinbase, that’s what puzzles me.

I transfer from Broker A into coinbase and it takes 10 minutes

I transfer from Broker B into coinbase and it takes 18 hours (literally)

I transfer from Broker B into Broker C and it takes 10 minutes.

So basically, Broker B stinks, which is why I left them.

2 Likes