Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I’m working on it.

Thank you. :+1:

BTW I have 8 Indicators I have to Convert / Migrate to MT5

Ospreyfx may be a good candidate for consideration. I have only traded demo with them so far, however.

1 Like

Have you tried looking here: MetaTrader Forum (forex-station.com)

The have a section where you can request conversions, can’t guarantee it’ll happen but worth a shot.

2 Likes

Try looking at this archive and see if its already done. FX with MT5 [MT5 Indicator lists V] (abysse.co.jp)

1 Like

Wow, would anyone here honestly send funds to deposit, to an unregulated, unlicensed “broker” in such a financially questionable (and I’m being very polite) Caribbean country?

Would they also send funds there to open a bank account with an unregulated, unlicensed bank, too? Because that’s about the same as what they’d be doing, isn’t it?

Even Wikifx is warning people off that one.

1 Like

you should probably learn (as I more or less did, long ago) to keep out of this thread: you won’t make any friends by posting common sense here, and more importantly you won’t change anyone’s mind, either

yes, because there are people who would rather say goodbye to an account than say hello to a regulator - i even have some sympathy with them, as i told you only yesterday!!

there’ll be some reason for that point to be dismissed, too :wink:

1 Like

We have no problem with you guys Opinion, the only problem is that traders have been withdrawing funds from our list of offshore brokers, and if any broker was scamming traders, they wouldn’t be on our list. The truth is, I have never had any problems getting withdrawals from offshore brokers, so posting here would be a waste of time trying to convince people who have made withdrawals from offshore brokers.

3 Likes

i agree completely

the reality is that ALL the people who suddenly, one day, find that they can’t withdraw $20,000 have previously withdrawn $2,000 or $3,000 or $4,000 a few times, and exactly as you rightly say, trying to convince them that one day they’ll deeply regret using an unregulated, unlicensed, offshore broker is a “waste of time”

perfectly understandable, too: why should anyone prefer the word of a random stranger in a forum over their own experiences and that of others they know?!

this is exactly why only legal change can protect people

1 Like

You think we’re not well aware of the risks involved?

Bless your heart…

4 Likes

It’s a pity you’re wrong

2 Likes

Having traded with offshore brokers since 2007, I wouldn’t have the lifestyle I have if it wasn’t because of offshore brokers. However, you will always find people who think all offshore brokers are scams. They were told to trust regulators even when highly regulated brokers scam their customers.

2 Likes

Exactly, but that never stops the rando white knights, that pop in here now and then to try and convince us otherwise.

It is entertaining tho…

2 Likes

-Please keep in mind that the various brokers that we discuss here for consideration, are not on the approved list yet. Such brokers have to be vetted first. Members are encouraged to share their experiences and information here so that all can benefit.

In my case, my experience with OspreyFX is very limited at this point, as mentioned. The only research that I have conducted for this particular broker has been preliminary-only.

Please feel free to share your list of trusted brokers that you deem worthy of consideration, and we can take a look at them.

2 Likes

-When we fail to learn from our mistakes, we are generally bound to repeat them.

3 Likes

lol, i’ll leave you to it, guys - no disrespect or hostility intended at all - good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think they won’t interest you because they’re all forex futures brokers, far outside the perfectly legitimate scope of this perfectly legitimate thread.

They’re “trusted” because in principle they’re always on their client’s side.

They’re never your counterparty and they’re not allowed to be, by law.

They don’t win when you lose.

They don’t lose when you win.

They all have the same prices at the same times because the prices are set by a free market, not made up artificially by someone whose “own products” you’re betting on while they control the prices of them themselves.

It’s all objective and transparent.

And - by the way - they’re all properly regulated, as they have to be, which is of course the real point, here.

(And of course there are no “spreads” to pay, either, so dealing costs work out much lower, too.)

I understand that spot forex attracts people who want the huge leverage that proper regulators so wisely disallow, and all the offshore, unregulated, unlicensed counterparty scammers and fraudsters who make their livings by letting people bet against them understand that too.

I’ll bow out of the thread, too. Sorry to have taken up your time.

Good luck!

1 Like

-For some reason, I have my doubts about that.

2 Likes

Apparently the purpose of interrupting this thread was to warn us about offshore brokers, which is something we already had knowledge of.

A little entertainment is good for the soul.

3 Likes

-Every experience in life is an opportunity to learn and grow.

3 Likes

It’s always amusing when these trolling creatures roam into our esteemed thread. Then try to unsuccessfully impress with their infinite wisdom.

1 Like