Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Obviously you really didn’t read what I stated, and the article itself.

1 Like

so some of u.s. traders has resort to begging and sneaking in the back door of brokers. :grimacing:

1 Like

I’m not sure why it’s noteworthy to post about brokers who don’t accept US clients…in a thread dedicated to brokers who do so without restrictions.

2 Likes

Newbie here (only a year in). I have read this entire thread over the last month. Lots of great discussion and options. Thank you all for that! I have struggled to find good brokers for US Citizens. I am currently using Forex com (only half my strategy works), Demo fun with Pepperstone (full strategy but of course no end game here). So like others have started the challenge with FTMO. The idea to use an offshore account benefits and potential to not use my own money is a Huge Benefit. I did the demo account with FTMO and passed pretty easily fortunately so took the dive. I hope it works out but just wanted to thank all of you for your knowledge and comments over the years!

4 Likes

welcome to the thread, keep us posted on your FTMO challenge :+1:

2 Likes

Has anyone used this broker? https://cryptoaltum.com/

1 Like

Hi,
Ive been writing code for forex for almost 15 years… Took a long break, been back writing strategies in my own backtester using tick data, then live data using MT4. It is a basket concept, trading no indicators, only statistics… Sometimes 50 pairs at a time… (Using the 28 majors and crosses)… My dreams have been dashed with Oanda with the horrible margin 50:1 and 25:1… I then went and got an account at FXChoice, thinking that might be the answer… But there is no efficient way to transfer money back and forth…Im not going to pay the fees to use bitcoin etc… all of your profits are wiped out in transfer fees…
I really want to trade with Dukas… but Cant because of my residency… So, Ive no decided to create an offshore entity and bank account and then open a forex account. Getting 200:1 would make a world of difference in my ability to trade… Not to mention, no stupid FIFO issues… Anyone else been down this road have some thoughts? I dont want to use one of those goofy brokers that are sitting in their basement in the bahamas… Any ideas to be legit?

you will be ok trading with these brokers

coinexx

lqdfx

tradersway

eaglefx

cryptorocket

fxchoice

2 Likes

Hey, some of the most innovative businesses are started in parents’ basement.

2 Likes

LQDFX looks the most interesting… Many of the others want you to use BitCoin to fund. that sounds scary to me… LQDFX told me I can fund using Vload and then withdraw using money wire… For small amounts other options might be ok… but for larger amounts, I like the money wire withdraw idea.

1 Like

Any of these your favorite?

1 Like

Before you look at setting up offshore company. You need to know how to deal with CFC / FATCA. If you do not know what that is google IRS CFC and IRS FATCA then you will quickly decided offshore company is not what you want to do. FATCA tax filling is 100K to start each year!

1 Like

Just go with Forexchief, very stable and you’ll love the server speed. Leverage is 1:500 for currency pairs and 1:100 for commodities. I’ve not had any issues with scalping or news trading. Also, take your time to read TOS.

they are on my most trusted broker list base on my personal experience :+1:

1 Like

That’s really not the case at all. Sure you will incur some slippage within times of transfer/conversion. But it wont wipe out your profits.

3 Likes

Fxbrew has free wire transfer.
https://fxbrew.com/payment-methods

1 Like

I just read about CFC… Im not sure what the problem is… I dont care if they report to the IRS, not trying to avoid taxes… Just get better margins and no FIFO

Contacted ForexChief, they wont allow USA clients.

1 Like

GILT tax will cost you a lot to figure out! That is part of FATCA filing. You get over 75K during tax year for Company or Individual having offshore assets it’s 100% fine for all income if you are not 100% complete on FATCA filing and just that filing by some company that has insurance to protect you if the filing for FATCA is wrong. If you simi miss a little then its 50% fine for total income. Married it’s 150K total offshore assets. Talk with CPA and understand what you are getting into before doing IBC offshore if you are here in USA or having assets offshore. FBAR is no problem that is 10K and simple form to do. Do it in less than 1 min every year. Problem is FATCA Filing for USA.

ForexChief is not on my list, i don’t recommend them

1 Like