Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I have several hundred thousand lines of code using the JForex API. For Market Data, Dukascopy is kind enough to allow for perpetually renewable JForex Demo accounts. But, on the Order Entry side, no Live accounts available from any of their “white label” partners, to my knowledge.

For me, this has meant recoding the Order Entry calls, using the NJ4X.com framework, for parallel execution into MetaTrader client terminal instances. This allows me to salvage maybe 80% of my existing codebase, and recode the 20% which is involved in emulating the Dukascopy IEngine, IOrder APIs, in Java, of course. In the end, I’ll have the ability to trade at any MetaTrader broker, so it’s well worth it.

HyperScalper

Update on this, I decided against using PAMM because the allocations per client were inflexible. But I will still be working with Tradersway, which has quite good spreads and decent execution. At Dukascopy I am accustomed to sub 100msec consistent responses and asynchronous Order operation completion. The “synchronous” operation of MetaTrader 4 through NJ4X can be addressed through “parallel” instances of the terminal on the same account. These order operations can proceed in parallel. And another benefit of this development framework NJ4X is that the technical issues of simultaneously trading multiple accounts, without using PAMM, are theoretically soluble via the NJ4X.com framework. However, it does place a burden on the software which would trade multiple individual accounts, to handle the issues which will arise with multiple execution issues, across multiple separate accounts, if I decide to do it in that way… Then again, the idea of “trade copying”, although somewhat imprecise, is certainly doable through this method.

HyperScalper

i found some bad news about tallinex, i will like them to responds to this report. the report is at Ripoffreport dot com

what is it? post a link.

Here is a link to a story I found there that mentions Tallinex. Ripoff Report | Hiram Holdings LLC Complaint Review Internet: 1152604

Is that the complaint you are referring to? (It is the only one I could find there involving Tallinex, but I didn’t do a detailed search beyond that.)

Ripoffreport.com is a bulletin-board where malcontents can post unsubstantiated slander against anyone they choose to attack.

Do some research on schlock outfits like ripoffreport.com, before you come onto this thread and repeat the crap you have read there.

You can start your research here — Ripoff Report: Wikipedia

It’s obvious why you didn’t quote the “bad news about Tallinex” that you claim to have read on ripoffreport.com, and that’s because —

— no negative reviews of Tallinex have been posted on that site.

If you had taken the time to use their SEARCH feature, you could have found that out for yourself.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of responding to that, Clint - much appreciated.

I second this. That website is really easy to get negative reviews through that can be entirely made up and written by competitors. Every broker on the list is likely to have a plethora of negative reviews written on RipffReport.

FWIW, I don’t take much of anything on there seriously at all. Instead, it is best to check the various forums (like this one) and ForexPeaceArmy. Seeing how brokers resolve issues is more important than whether or not issues exist.

I’ve been with Tallinex for over a year and their customer service has been very good. I like them. The only complaints I have are that their MT4 format doesn’t have New York close capabilities and some of the expert adviser programs I want to use are not compatible with their MT4.

I wasn’t going to mention it just yet, as we’re still testing things, but we may be able to offer 5-candle weeks quite shortly.

If successful, the first tick at 17:00 New York on Sunday will appear as 00:00 on Monday and the week will run through until 23:59 on Friday.

I’ll post an update once we have something more concrete to pass on.

As regards “incompatibilities” with certain EAs, could you be specific? MT4 is a generic platform that is effectively identical to every other broker’s MT4 - if you ignore the different company names, logos, and the odd non-standard EAs and/or indicators that a few brokers add into their builds, there is no difference whatsoever between them.

Tradersway update. They have WITHDRAWN their SpotOptions platform
without notice. Not that this is a big deal, the foreign binary options are
not really that attractive. HyperScalper

Thanks for the heads-up, HyperScalper.

I have corrected the Trader’s Way listing (in post #2 of this thread).

All brokers using the SpotOption platform are forbidden to have US clients as the owners of SpotOption are looking to float the company and can’t do so if the SEC/CFTC/NFA lodge an action against any broker using their platform.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I belong to a trading group called The Forex Guy (which I highly recommend) and they have something called a “Custom Chart Panel” that I tried to install (it’s an EA). No one else on the site had any difficulties and when I asked what I could do, they first mentioned re-installing the MT4 and when that didn’t work they said it wouldn’t work on the daily charts that have that extra 2 hour candle. When I contated Tallinex, they said that they may me changing that but there was no more info then that. I’m certainly happy with Tallinex so far but I am looking to open another account for an MT 4 without the extra candle.

Anybody that trades with Tallinex have trouble closing trades at times with “off quotes” as the issue? This has happened to me SEVERAL times in just the last few weeks, and I have missed out on closing trades because of this at the best prices. And Im not talking a few minutes either. Every time I have spoken to customer service they say its a liquidity provider/server issue, but I find that the frequency is a bit concerning.

I trade with Tallinex daily and have not had an issue like you describe.

Hi Clint (and others),

today is a big day for me. Some months ago I asked Clint if it would make sense to read the whole thread or not. He told me probably it is enough to read the first couple of posts and the lasts (I hope Clint my memory is correct). So I started out like the suggestion was.

I started reading the thread and the topic was so fascinating that I decided to read the whole. I think I have been reading it every single day and today I have finished the very last post. It was a long but very informative read. Basically an open history book where we had high expectations for offshore brokers.

In the beginning everyone was enthusiastic and the list had many offshore brokers. As time has passed more and more offshore brokers closed the doors and the clear downtrend was out there (like in EUR/USD in the last one and a half year). It looks like that people can have wishes and hopes, but the government (and CFTC) is hard to beat. Hopefully the total elimination will not occur and we rather see a trend change there.

I do believe it was worth the whole thread as there were very many wisdom shared beside the main topic (like taxation issues or if there are pirates in Gibraltar, LOL). I had a great time in reading it, hopefully we will all be here in the next 5 years too, just like in the past 5 years (ok, the past was without me).

Thanks for the wonderful work for Clint, other members and also from the side of a couple of brokers.

ForExchange

I hope that tallinex implements the 5 candle week hopefully soon

Hi Everyone. I’ve been trading 25+ years and was looking up some things about Tallinex and came across this thread so joined to report something I’m experiencing now. I’ve been an IB with Tallinex for well over 1 year and everything has been running great. On Oct 23rd I requested a withdraw of my IB funds like I have done since I joined and everything went smoothly to my bank except this one. After it was still not sent and was in pending more than 7 days (not normal) I did live chat and asked whats going on. After a long wait for a reply the agent I was talking with copied the text from an email stating they were having issues with the bank they were using and they almost had it resolved and would have to switch banking. I was pretty hot I hadn’t received the email and voiced I would move my 70 clients out if this wasn’t resolved. Next day I checked and the transfer to my bank was sent. On the 13th of November my bank calls me and wants me to come in Monday the 16th and the manager wants to meet with me as my wire was frozen by the Scotia Bank here in Canada because the banking change by Tallinex now was either sending through an intermediary bank in Russia or changed banks to a bank in Russia and that’s why it was frozen. I will report what is the result after my meeting is but if Canadian banks have this Russian bank on an anti money laundering list then all wires will be frozen for Canadian clients and I assume with stricter policies in the USA any accounts frozen there also. If that’s the case I will quickly be moving my 70 accounts from them before something hits the fan.

To me this is ground breaking and could be very serious for traders with accounts in Tallinex. Meeting at 11:00 AM EST and will report when I get home.

These brokers operate in no man’s land and the only way we can bring them to justice is by letting other traders know what they are doing and warn them of bad brokers. I had an incident recently with Investors Europe who are an absolute scam and took me for a ride with $8,486.40 - be careful guys! Investors Europe scammers also claimed to be regulated in Gibraltar and now claiming to be regulated in Mauritius but all proven to be false and one big misrepresentation. Be cautious who you are trading with !

good luck Daytrdewille, I hope that you get you money out of these buggers