Going offshore to escape the CFTC

That would explain it. Were all the MT4 pairs affected or just couple of them?

Most pairs were affected.

So TradersWay did delete all affected profitable/loosing trades?

They have not on mine as of yet.

They sent that email and there is still manipulation going on. There has not been any announcement made about these, which I would expect to be good courtesy. I donā€™t think they should be trusted at this point.

I have screen shots for the GBPAUD today.

Those are end of day spread fattening due to low liquidity.

However I find that highly problematic, it shouldnā€™t be that massive of a of spike.

This is first time I have issue with withdrawal at TW
As usually I have withdrawn monthā€™s profit yesterday
And it was not processed yet. It is quite unusual it is taking so long.

By what withdraw method?

Skrill method of withdrawal

Looks like they did address and credit my account. Email followup i received today:

Hello,

The orders were opened at incorrect/non-market prices due to a technical error on one of our liquidity providerā€™s side, therefore they were removed and your account was corrected accordingly.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Iā€™ m still waiting on them to correct mine. Just out of curiosity, Crypto, if you donā€™t mind telling, how many orders did you have that had to be corrected? i have 15 orders in dispute and they still havenā€™t been corrected. I did get a response to my constant pestering that they had people working overtime on the problem and it was taking a while.

There were three orders total that were affected.

Hi,

[Edit: I guess the symbol BCH is being used instead for BitCoin Cash, one or the other anywayā€¦]

Because of the interest in BitCoin (BTC) and the new BitCoin Cash (BCC) and because a deeper understanding is always good, hereā€™s a great link which explains BitCoin Cash, which now exists:

Many of us in the U.S. experience funds transfer methods offered which are exclusionary, not available to U.S. persons; and that is one of the major reasons for our interest in Cryptocurrencies with regard to fund transfer from brokers offshore to the U.S.

There appears to be a strong trend where brokers are using Cryptocurrencies as funds transfer mechanisms, or even as native account currencies for Forex traders.

hyperscalper

[quote=ā€œHyperScalper, post:4609, topic:35612, full:trueā€]
Because of the interest in BitCoin (BTC) ā€¦[/quote]

The meteoric rise in the price of bitcoin is just ridiculous!

[U]But, I have put a stop to it[/U] ā€“ (by buying some bitcoin today at $4,889.33).

Attention, smart speculators:

Clint has just purchased bitcoin. Therefore, you should immediately SHORT XBT/USD.

Trading BTC and Altcoins is how I got started in trading FX and commodities. I walked away from that scene when BTC was at $250. Exchanges were super sketchy back then and still are somewhat.

Ainā€™t gonna lie, wish I kept a bag full at that price.

Iā€™ve been researching bitcoin (and the blockchain platform on which it operates) for awhile, but this is my first foray into the bitcoin market with real money.

Itā€™s my opinion that bitcoin is here to stay, and will rise to eye-popping levels over the coming months or years. So, Iā€™ve decided to begin a dollar-cost-averaging program of buying each month. This is strictly buy-and-hold (not trading in and out of bitcoin). Accordingly, I will not try to time the market, or even look at charts.

If the price craters in a particular month, Iā€™ll simply buy more (at the lower price) with my fixed-dollar budget. And, if the price skyrockets in a particular month, Iā€™ll buy less (at the higher price).

Iā€™m betting that 3 years from now I will have a substantial cache of bitcoin, purchased over time at an attractive average price ā€“ which is the whole point of dollar-cost-averaging.

I looked at so-called value averaging, as an alternative to dollar-cost-averaging, but decided to keep it as simple as possible for now. Iā€™ll always have the option, in the future, of getting fancy with the monthly purchase amounts, if I so choose.

I donā€™t want to clutter this thread with any more about my bitcoin adventures, so Iā€™ll shift the conversation (sometime later) to a new thread in the forumā€™s Global Markets category. Iā€™m thinking of detailing, step-by-step, how I set up my account with a bitcoin exchange, and how I set up bitcoin wallets on that exchange, on my computer, and off the grid. For those thinking of getting into the bitcoin market, but unsure of how to get started, that walk-through might be useful.

Anyway, back to our discussion of offshore brokers.

I have read the recent comments here about problems with spiking prices at Traderā€™s Way. Sometime next week, I will add LINKS to those comments on page #2 of the List. (Note that LINKS, which used to be on page #7, are now on page #2, after the recent reorganization of the List.)

Letā€™s continue to monitor the way Traderā€™s Way handles this fubar, and report the outcome here. A couple of participants on this thread have suggesting withdrawing the TRUSTED BROKER designation from Traderā€™s Way. I think itā€™s too early to consider that step, but it will remain an option in the future.

The List has been cleaned up, meaning simply that the red symbols ā€“ denoting recent changes to the List ā€“ have been removed.

To our friends in southeastern Texas, our thoughts, prayers, and Red Cross donations are with you.

To the rest of our U.S. members, have a happy and safe Labor Day Weekend.

Still waiting for withdrawal
They did assure me it will be fine and I believe it will be fine. Probably they have a lot to do to fix feed issue.
Status of your withdrawal is Confirmed.

Withdrawals are processed within 48 hours during Finance Department working hours (8am-8pm GMT, Monday-Friday), other time - on best effort basis.

After withdrawal is processed it will reach your Skrill account within 24 hours, usually much faster.

Please note that TradersWay is fully liquid and continues its operations unobstructed.

Best regards,

Subject: Tradersway price spike

Date: 9/2/2017

As of now, I am still waiting on Tradersway to correct my account for the price spike on 8/29. I received this email and replied that yes indeed I wanted them to delete the orders. Come on man.

Dear Client,

The orders were stopped out at incorrect prices and therefore were reopened.

However, later on they were anyway stopped out.

We can delete all the order stopped out at 22:05 server time.

Please advise.

Best regards,
Dealing Department

TradersWay

Edit: I havenā€™t heard from them in two days and they donā€™t answere phone.

A couple updates from me:

I havenā€™t been able to log in to my Tallinex account (trading from USA)ā€“their homepage yields this message:

Tallinex does not solicit residents of the United States of America, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, US Virgin Islands, United States Minor Outlying Islands or St Vincent and The Grenadines in relation to the provision of retail Forex services, and no option exists for residents of those countries to apply for retail Forex services due to regulatory requirements.

Similarly, Traderā€™s Way notified me this:

Traderā€™s Way
_ _
Aug 31 (4 days ago)
_ _
to me
Hello,

Unfortunately the regulatory environment in the state of Missouri conflicts with our ability to continue keeping your account active. However we are happy to recommend another brokerage with similar conditions to our own that will be able to accept you. Let us know if you are interested. When you establish residence elsewhere you will be able to come back here after submitting a new proof of address.
_ _

Best,

SALES DEPARTMENT
T: +1 849 937 0815 | E: [email protected]

TW Corp.
_Twitter @TradersWay |

Interestingly enough, Missouri residents also lost the ability to trade binary options with Trade Thunder last year (and probably others), but can still trade on the Nadex exchange.

Just to add a few caveats to the master list. Thanksā€¦

Wow, Traderā€™s Way wonā€™t take you as a client due to state-level regulatory envirionment? Missouri must have some busy-body politicians who feel they must protect you from yourself. Disgusting.