Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Anyone have experience with FinPro Trading? Looking to deposit a larger amount of capital. I am a US based trader. I noticed they are a “Trusted Broker” but would like to hear some others chime in with advice. Obviously biggest concern is if they actually process withdrawals…

I have traded with finprotrading and I like them (obviously I prefer coinexx over finpro, but finpro is also rock solid). Never had any withdrawal issue.

My suggestion would be to do your due dilligence and don’t put all your eggs in one basket. If you can, slice out your accounts into more than one broker, instead of putting your total portfolio at a single broker.

How large of a deposit do you have? (if you don’t mind disclosing).

Most posters on here trade less than $5k. I am trading $100k north. I understand depositing outward, I have an account with FXChoice.

It doesn’t matter what I claim my deposit size to be :slight_smile: what matters is that my brokers treat me very well.

If a broker treats a $5k depositor good then they will treat a $100k+ depositor great…

I currently use Finpro, never had a problem with withdraw’s. I also had FXChouce at one time as well.

Thanks Cryptosurf. How long have you been using FinPro? Also how many withdrawals have you made? Ever just tried withdrawing the entire account to test them?

When using an MT5 broker as “primary master” in my system, I found a couple of issues in NJ4X framework. All but the final issue for BulkTickListener is resolved. Once that is working, then I can provide statistical comparisons…

[EDIT] Looks like it just got fixed. So I’ll post comparisons with FinProTrading against Coinexx for USD major Forex pairs.
[EDIT2] looks like some instability but will as soon as I can…

hyperscalper

Tried to place a buy NASUSD in my coinexx account at 1:15 PM ET today, but was declined. Their message says: market closed. Do they close at 1:15PM?

i think you should ask coinexx that question

Ive been using them for over a year now without any problems. They are listed on the first page as a trusted broker for a reason. You should apply the same DD with Finpro that you have with FXChoice.

So no issues with withdrawals whatsoever? That seems to be the main theme of any negative reviews I see of them. Granted in the world of forex most lose and write fake reviews…

Haven’t had any issues whatsoever.

However, if and when I start to trade an account size as you had mentioned, I would most likely open up a futures account here in the US.

1 Like

There are no good brokerages in the US and regulation is crap.

COINEXX VERSUS FINPROTRADING or
TURNKEYFOREX

…both during the Asian session right now…
FinProTrading/TurnkeyForex MT4 below:

symbol min , avg , max spread pips
AUDCAD, 1.0 , 1.3 , 2.3 #
AUDCHF, 1.4 , 1.8 , 2.1 ##
AUDJPY, 0.6 , 1.0 , 1.3 #
AUDNZD, 1.2 , 1.7 , 2.6 ##
AUDUSD, 0.4 , 0.9 , 1.8 #
CADCHF, 1.0 , 1.3 , 2.0 #
CADJPY, 1.0 , 1.1 , 1.5 #
CHFJPY, 2.4 , 2.7 , 3.1 ###
EURAUD, 1.9 , 2.2 , 2.7 ##
EURCAD, 1.5 , 1.8 , 2.5 ##
EURCHF, 1.4 , 1.8 , 2.2 ##
EURGBP, 0.6 , 0.9 , 1.3 #
EURJPY, 0.3 , 0.8 , 1.1 #
EURNZD, 2.7 , 3.1 , 3.5 ###
EURUSD, 0.1 , 0.3 , 0.5
GBPAUD, 3.2 , 3.8 , 4.5 ####
GBPCAD, 2.8 , 3.0 , 3.7 ###
GBPCHF, 2.6 , 2.8 , 3.2 ###
GBPJPY, 1.2 , 1.6 , 2.3 ##
GBPNZD, 3.7 , 5.1 , 6.1 #####
GBPUSD, 0.7 , 1.4 , 2.4 #
NZDCAD, 1.7 , 1.9 , 2.6 ##
NZDCHF, 1.6 , 2.0 , 2.1 ##
NZDJPY, 0.9 , 1.0 , 1.3 #
NZDUSD, 0.4 , 1.2 , 1.9 #
USDCAD, 0.1 , 0.3 , 1.0
USDCHF, 0.3 , 0.5 , 0.5
USDJPY, 0.1 , 0.8 , 1.4 #

Coinexx ECN USD MT5 below:

symbol min , avg , max spread pips
AUDCAD, 0.9 , 1.2 , 1.6 #
AUDCHF, 0.9 , 1.3 , 1.8 #
AUDJPY, 0.7 , 1.0 , 1.5 #
AUDNZD, 0.3 , 1.0 , 1.9 #
AUDUSD, 0.5 , 0.8 , 1.0 #
CADCHF, 1.0 , 1.3 , 2.0 #
CADJPY, 0.8 , 1.0 , 1.4 #
CHFJPY, 1.0 , 1.8 , 3.2 ##
EURAUD, 1.1 , 2.0 , 2.7 ##
EURCAD, 1.3 , 1.9 , 2.4 ##
EURCHF, 1.0 , 2.5 , 2.8 ###
EURGBP, 0.6 , 1.0 , 1.1 #
EURJPY, 0.7 , 1.0 , 1.3 #
EURNZD, 0.4 , 1.6 , 3.4 ##
EURUSD, 0.2 , 0.7 , 1.0 #
GBPAUD, 1.8 , 3.0 , 4.0 ###
GBPCAD, 1.5 , 2.5 , 3.4 ###
GBPCHF, 1.6 , 2.3 , 3.2 ##
GBPJPY, 0.2 , 1.1 , 1.9 #
GBPNZD, 1.0 , 2.7 , 5.0 ###
GBPUSD, 0.3 , 0.9 , 1.3 #
NZDCAD, 1.0 , 1.3 , 2.3 #
NZDCHF, 0.8 , 1.0 , 1.5 #
NZDJPY, 0.7 , 1.1 , 1.4 #
NZDUSD, 0.5 , 0.9 , 1.0 #
USDCAD, 0.7 , 0.9 , 1.0 #
USDCHF, 0.6 , 0.9 , 1.1 #
USDJPY, 0.1 , 0.7 , 1.0 #

Hope this helps !
hyperscalper

[EDIT] finally fixed the MT5 issues with NJ4X framework.
Yay !!!

Hi! I’m a newbie here, though I’ve been following this thread off & on this year.

My latest reading of the past month’s posts here has me convinced that the crypto path is the best way to go. I’ve got a finpro account originally funded by PayPal. But that is no longer an option with them.

My question is: How can I go about setting up a crypto wallet? I just tried coinbase and they would not accept my passport as ID for a Level 3 account (required for sending and receiving crypto to 3rd parties).

Looking at finpro’s short list of BTC providers, localbitcoins looks the most convenient and streamlined, though prices do seem a bit high.

As for forex brokers, I’m looking closely at coinexx, for crypto reasons pointed out by posters on this forum, and LQDFX, to trade gold against currencies other than USD.

I am offshore, not just in finance, but physically expatriated as well. My drivers license expired in 2004, so that made coinbase Level 3 impossible for me.

Thanks!

@eclectic_e

Kraken & Bitstamp are other exchange options for US citizens

If you’re an expat with non US bank accounts you might have a broader range of crypto exchanges available to you that can transfer to/from non US bank accounts.

As for brokers, I’m personally with Coinexx, Turnkeyforex, LQDFX, Trader’s Way & Evolve using primarily crypto transfers.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will look at the two crypto options you mentioned.

My bank accounts are US… none offshore at present. I’m still small-time :slight_smile:

I’ve just signed up for LQDFX & awaiting approval to ensure withdrawals before moving forward. I like XAUCHF, though the spreads are terrible.

Also signed up for coinexx. They seem to dislike bureaucracy as much as I do!

I’ve also added a Dukascopy Demo account, but I don’t know how to find the Bid/Ask size information that HyperScalper mentioned a few weeks ago…?? That seems worth looking at more closely.

@ eclectic_e

From what I remember, Dukascopy’s platform has a level II order book in the lower left pane. I’m not sure if their demo & live feeds are exact, so you might need access to the live feed.