Going offshore to escape the CFTC

im sure your figure something out

I feel your pain! I just experienced this myself trying to fund an account at Turnkey. I was limited to $1000 deposit by ACH. I was hit with $14.68 charge for depositing, wait and waited for funds to clear, then finally contacted Customer Service, and they gave me some BS answer. All while BTC took a sharp decline, and my ā€œon holdā€ deposit was just sitting there declining.

As you can see I took almost a $88 loss, all while trying to fund through Coinbase. I will withdrawal back to my Bank for now and use a bank wire until I figure out this BTC thing.
coinbase

Requesting that a MOD pin @SmallPaul post on how to fund to Coinbase Pro account at the top with the brokers list.

On another noteā€¦have been trading with Finpro since March and have no complaints, other than my daily reports have been coming in at different times after the trading day, at one point they were completely wrong for about a week until I contacted Customer Service. Am very pleased with their service and will start to spread out my account balance between them, Turnkey, and FX Choice in 2019.

Ouch! A couple of things to note. First, I was able to convert the funds back to USD immediately, to remove that risk of drop in BTC value. I canā€™t touch the funds, but I could change the currency in which they are held.

Second, until I understand how coinbase works reasonably well, Iā€™m just using tester amounts, just above the $10 minimum of both coinbase and finpro, to make sure I cleared the minimums after transactions costs are factored in & see how everything works.

I see turnkey offers more securities and commodities to trade.

Have a nice weekend!

ok here is how i do it, i use coinbase to deposit from my bank ACH transfer, then i send my USD to coinebase pro, i buy my coins on coin base pro, then i send my coins from coinbase pro to my broker, this is all done within a hour

1 Like

Just suggesting as an alternative

That was because you buy digital currency at coinbase before your fund arrives.
You should first transfer your fund to coinbase. Then you buy digital currency with your available fund. Then you can immediately transfer you digital currency to your broker.

By the way, Gemini is a good alternative to coinbase.

What goes around, comes around.

Or, more accurately in this instance ā€“

What has come around in the US is now going around in the EU.

In carefully worded emails, some EU brokers are alerting their EU clients, IBs and affiliates that itā€™s not illegal for EU-resident retail traders to move their trading accounts offshore to escape ESMA.

The careful wording amounts to this:

We canā€™t encourage you to make this move, but if you investigate this opportunity on your own, and decide on your own to do this, youā€™ll be completely legal.

To participants here on our Going Offshore thread, does any of this sound familiar?

Hereā€™s an article published on September 18 in LeapRate ā€“

Any suggestions on an alternative to coinbase?

MrInvisible was suggesting Kraken & bitstampā€¦

Iā€™m still a little hesitant to send funds after Coinbase tied my money upā€¦

Meanwhile, Iā€™m all set up on finpro since early this year, and the past few days Iā€™ve added LQDFX, TurnkeyForex & Coinexx as well.

ANOTHER BROKER?
ADS SECURITIES ACCEPTS U.S. PERSONS?

A colleague of mine wrote: ā€œAnybody familiar with ADSS based out of Abu Dhabi? They are regulated by the Central Bank of UAE. I just tried setting up an account there, and they seem to take US citizensā€¦ā€

Website is: http:/www.adss.com/en/

At this time, I donā€™t know anything, but I did look from a U.S. IP address and it geolocated me to the U.S. and United States was clearly an option in the link to open an account.

If I hear any more, Iā€™ll report.

hyperscalper

ADS Securities (Abu Dhabi)

This looks like an interesting prospect, HyperScalper. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I looked briefly at the ADS Securities website ā€“ Forex Broker | CFD Broker | Forex Trading Company | ADSS. In the fine print at the bottom of their various webpages, there is
no exclusion for U.S. residents (or any other nationality).

And their online application page ā€“ https://my.adss.com/client-portal-web/signup.html ā€“ shows United States of America as the default entry in the spaces for country of residence and phone number.

ADS Securities, headquartered in Abu Dhabi, has branches in London and Hong Kong.

So far, this looks promising.

ADS Securities deserves a careful vetting.

@eclectic_e

Bitstamp is wire only in USDā€¦ you can try Gemini, they also allow ACH bank transfers

For those still having issues figuring out Coinbase/Coinbase Pro Transfersā€¦

Sending to broker:

1a. Coinbaseā€¦ accounts > USD wallet > deposit > bank deposit
Coinbase proā€¦ wallet > deposit > USD > Coinbase wallet
1b. Coinbase proā€¦ wallet > deposit > USD > bank account
2. Brokerā€¦ Schedule crypto currency transfer/get crypto currency wallet address
3. Coinbase proā€¦ trade > limit buy crypto currency @ ask (orange)
4. Coinbase proā€¦ wallet > withdraw > crypto currency > broker wallet address & amount

Sending from broker:

1. Coinbase proā€¦ wallet > deposit > crypto currency > wallet address
  2. Brokerā€¦ Withdraw crypto currency to coinbase pro wallet address
  3. Coinbase proā€¦ trade > limit/market sell crypto currency @ bid (green)
    4a. Coinbase proā€¦ wallet > withdraw > USD > coinbase wallet
    Coinbaseā€¦ accounts > USD wallet > withdraw > bank deposit
    4b. Coinbase proā€¦ wallet > withdraw > USD > bank account
2 Likes

COINBASE

This Coinbase discussion has me confused. But Iā€™m assuming
most people would need the Coinbase dot com basic functionality.

At least thatā€™s how Iā€™m advising my small group of associatesā€¦

For active Crypto Traders, then I guess itā€™s certainly important to use Coinbase Pro (formerly GDAX), or a similar crypto exchangeā€¦?

Is that somewhat correct?

[EDIT] Iā€™m looking at this strictly from the perspective of using
offshore Forex brokers, using Crypto transfer mechanisms, but
attempting to hold accounts in USD which applies to FinProTrading,
TurnkeyForex and, of course Coinexx possibly among othersā€¦
Iā€™m opening quite a few Coinexx USD accounts right nowā€¦

[EDIT2] Without any endorsement of any YouTube channel, this
is a good link to check out to understand it betterā€¦

[EDIT3] by the way, the video warns of possible interference
by CFTC in this businessā€¦

When you go to pro dot coinbase dot com it prompts you to log
into your base coinbase dot com accountā€¦

hyperscalper

i use coinbase pro to avoid fees

for example if i buy $1,000 of bitcoin on coinbase the fee is $14.68

on coinbase pro using a market order the fee for $1,000 of bitcoin is only $3.00, you can avoid paying any fee on coinbase pro by using a limit order

you also can avoid coinbase limit of $1,000 a day limit

Anyone heard of number 1 capital markets (n1cm.c om)? They look to be another forex broker that allows US clients to sign up and offer 1000:1 leverage.

BTW, first post here ever on babypips, been following this thread for a long time and havenā€™t seen this broker mentioned, otherwise I probably would never have posted, lol

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/14053/n1cm-forex-brokers

1 Like

What theā€¦ How did I not see that? I searched for them in FPA and couldnā€™t find anything.

1 Like

Thanks for the added details, particularly on sending funds back to Coinbase/Coinbase Pro.

I just wanted to add, certain users like me (new? Level 2 only? not sure what the distinction is), there is a holding period on the USD deposit from your bank account:

Coinbase: Funds are immediately available to buy/sell bitcoin on Coinbase only, but must remain inside of Coinbase for 32 days.

Coinbase Pro: Funds are not available, do not even appear in the Coinbase Pro wallet, but are ā€œonlyā€ held for 8 days. When I deposited directly to Coinbase Pro, even though the deposit is not listed and the balance is still zero, when I look at my Coinbase account, it lists the deposit and indicates funds will be available on Saturday (8 days after last Fridayā€™s deposit).

Seems the confusion centers around hold times for ACH deposits and also on minimizing transactions costs. I tried a small tester deposit to Coinbase, had my funds held up for 32 days, and got clobbered for 23% round trip buying and selling BTCUSD. And I am a US citizen physically offshore my drivers license expired in 2004. That was a year after my last trip to the States.

Governments round the world have accepted my passport as proof of ID, financial services have also accepted it, in conjunction with my US bank statement as proof of address, and Coinbase even accepts this combo to allow me to register my account. But they will not accept it to upgrade me to Level 3, so I canā€™t send BTC to you, or to a forex broker, or anybody. It seems Coinbase Pro will allow me to do thatā€¦ and also reduce the fees.

i have never had that problem, if i use ach transfer from my bank to coinbase the transfer is instant, then i use coinbase pro to transfer my funds from coinbase isntant, now im able to buy and sell coins and send them all in the same day