Going offshore to escape the CFTC

That’s cool - and I get that, I guess if you’re looking for Algo and/or arbitrage based trading where milliseconds really do count then it’s perhaps the most important aspect to pay attention too. It just seems a little extra to the purpose of this thread, ayway, i’ll back off now, just curious as always!

When I post something, I try to add some real “factual” information.
That’s what I mean by “meat”. Just try to add something substantive.
Is that so hard to understand ?? :smile:

hyperscalper

1 Like

Yeah, I was an idiot and got my accounts mixed up; MT4 kept saying Invalid Account. The support lady asked me if I had Team Viewer; I did. She asked for my Team Viewer remote control ID and password, then took control of my laptop. She figured out I was using a live account password for a demo server. I was really impressed because it was the Chat lady that did this!

Do you happen to know whether Support for Coinexx was sitting
in Scotland, or at their SVG location? I always try to ask, but just
wondering ?? Anyone know?

hyperscalper

All cool :slight_smile: I actually think it could be helpful to have a specific discussion created for each broker.

I have not investigated where their support is located. However, I do know their London servers are at LD4. I’m assuming Equinix LD4 at the Slough Trading Center.

YoungGun, I don’t remember if Tradersway charged me a deposit fee for using UPayCard. They usually do charge deposits using VLoad and other transfer methods I think, but they are always such a tiny, relatively insignificant fraction of the money deposited that I usually pay little or no attention to the fees. Tradersway support of course can tell you what the fees are. The main thing with UPayCard, though, is that they do accept Americans, which is almost a minor miracle during our almost decade long war with the regulators.

UPayCard is only an option for small deposits. Their support is incompetent and they do not even understand what a receiving bank is. I close my account before it was even verified. I would not use them for more than $2500.

@here How bad are TradersWay spreads for scalping? I know COINEXX has the best, I’m just curious. Looking at myFxBook broker’s spreads, TradersWay isn’t too far from Oanda’s spreads (including commissions). I’m wondering how accurate that is?

Of course (Micro-) Scalping relies upon 1) price spread, 2) commission
and 3) fast and consistent execution, and 4) obtaining price improvement.

1. the broker determines the spread, via liquidity providers and whatnot…
  2. the broker determines commission, the lower the better
  3. the broker and liquidity providers determine consistency of execution
  4. price improvement is gained when entering “micro counter trend” and
    certainly not chasing an already established trend

There are brokers with 1) better spreads, 2) better commish, 3) better
execution speed and consistency and 4) but a slower execution could,
under the right circumstances, result in more "price improvement"
although that’s debatable. [EDIT] best to place Pending/Limit type
orders and use Multiple positions to improve your Cost Basis on
the aggregate scalp trade…[/]

hyperscalper

2 Likes

Thanks HS! On another note, COINEXX is listed above with Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. I just received an email from COINEXX; the address for COINEXX under the account manager’s name says: Caravelle House, Manglier Street, Victoria, Mahé, Seychelles

DEALING DESK BROKER DESCRIPTION?

Just looking over our list, several brokers are listed
as “Dealing Desk” type brokers. I thought they went
the way of the Dodo bird… Are they really “dealing
desk” and not ECN brokers, and how would one
determine that?

[EDIT] Now, some brokers (not my preference) maintain
a Spread which pays their commission. But this approach
can be “fair” and does not necessarily reflect a “dealing desk”…
An example seems to be FXGlory, but there are others, which
I’ve also complained about. I don’t like this "no separate commish"
approach…

hyperscalper

This bank appears to be “in liquidation” ??

https://www.loyalbank.com/

hyperscalper

Hello HS,

Regarding your comments about market-makers (dealing-desk brokers) in general, and FXGlory in particular, when I listed the metrics for our Group 1 Brokers, I relied primarily on broker websites for the relevant information. With respect to broker type (STP, ECN, or MM), I looked for these things:

(1) Brokers who use STP or ECN trade-handling protocols generally advertise that fact quite proudly. In the case of FXGlory, there is no mention on their website of their trade-handling protocol. Hence, the assumption that their trade-handling protocol is not STP or ECN.

(2) Generally, fixed spreads imply an MM trade-handling protocol. FXGlory offers three types of forex accounts, and each one has fixed spreads.

(3) Commissions are typically associated with STP/ECN accounts, but not with MM accounts. FXGlory (as you point out) does not charge commissions on any of their three types of accounts.

(4) Reviews by participants in this thread who have actual live-trading experience with a broker can be the best source of up-to-date information. (Customer reviews from other forums or review sites are less trustworthy, in my opinion). In the case of FXGlory, we have almost no first-hand data from our own members – FXGlory simply hasn’t achieved the popularity it (probably) deserves, although it has been on our List for years.

Periodically, I scan the websites of our listed Brokers, looking for any changes in the metrics we display. Occasionally, a broker will email me with a correction to their listing, but that’s a pretty rare occurrence. More often, active participants on this thread provide the information I need to keep our List up to date.

I appreciate all the help I can get.

Really appreciate all the work you’ve put in. I have
my hands full, and am trying to consolidate and use
just a couple of brokers (3 at the most), even though
I’d like to be able to “test drive” others. I literally
have/host like a dozen accounts, and have funnelled them
mostly to Coinexx/TurnkeyForex just to keep uniform
the methods of account management, support contacts,
and funds transfers.

This just highlights how much we need this forum
to contribute as much information as possible…

hyperscalper

2 Likes

Hello,

Do you all have any news on Capital City Markets broker (CCM). Their trading servers are down for 3 days now. They claim it is a routine server maintenance downtime. Is there anything more to it than meets the eye. In the past there were some issues with Deposit & Withdraws.

Thanks
Reddy

What do you guys think if this? No one seems to trust Hugos way but they seem to provide better services than all the others on the surface.

Hello,

Do you all have any news on Capital City Markets broker (CCM). Their trading servers are down for 3 days now. They claim it is a routine server maintenance downtime. Is there anything more to it than meets the eye. I got this email below from CCM.

Thanks
Reddy

Capital City Markets Limited Tue, Jan 8, 1:47 AM (1 day ago)
to me

Dear
Your support request has been updated:
Good Day
The issue is related to our trade server, thus we are working with MetaQuotes to resolve the issue.
Unfortunately we cannot give a timeline as to when the issue will be resolved.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, and hope to have it rectified soon.
Once again we thank you for your understanding and patience.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Client Support
Capital City Markets Limited
Vantu House, 133 Santina Parade
Elluk, Port Vila, Efate
Vanuatu

@ReddyFX this by no means is Normal. MT4 can not be down for so long, unless they have been kicked out by their technology provider (and given their apparent history of defauting withdrawals, this is all the more obvious). @Clint marked them for “Caution” long ago because there were a lot of withdrawal issues with them as reported by the readers of this thread. I personally dont use them and never even tried them but I definitely wrote them off from my potential list of brokers when I heard about wide spread withdrawal issues. If you are still with them, I would suggest take your money out while you still can. I will be happy to be proved wrong, but its better to err on the cautious side.

1 Like

And, to state the obvious, their pricing always had
"wide spreads" also… That’s why I couldn’t consider
using them. :slight_smile:

hyperscalper