Going offshore to escape the CFTC

@Clint

This broker no longer offers forex trading. Email below.

Hello Client,

Unfortunately we do not offer FOREX accounts anymore at this time. We do have Active Trading accounts which you can trade equities and options.

Kind Regards,

New Accounts Department

I’m running a demo account for Turnkey and the MT4 market watch window has EURUSD at 32 points! I have reached out to customer service, but nothing back yet about the high spread. Turnkey users, does the live account show better a better spread? I guess I could just open a live account and see.

Live account should have the same spread. I do not use Turnkey, but 32 points for EUR/USD at this hour is unusual.

32 points might be 3.2 pips? If it is during the 21:00 GMT hour that is possible but not otherwise.

hyperscalper

I found out today that LQDFX has a EURUSD contract specification for “Stops level” of 20. While COINEXX and Tradersway are 0. According to the MT4 documentation -> Stops level – minimum distance to the current price in points at which Stop Loss and Take Profit orders can be placed." Someone just told me I need a broker that has that at 0. I was wondering if someone with some experience could explain the difference between LQDFX and COINEXX’s Stop level difference–for dummies :slight_smile: Thanks!

Modern MT4 ECN brokers have eliminated any such restrictions, and Limits can be placed even inside the spread, with Targets and Stops anywhere relative to the market…

hyperscalper

1 Like

Sounds like I need to dump the demo account and try a live account. Thanks for the information!

Anyone know of a good gmt 0 broker we can use for scalping? LQDFX is gmt 0 but their “Stops level” is too high :frowning:

I don’t use Candles much, and especially not the “higher
timeframes”, so I never understood why
GMT+0 was in any preferable to, say, GMT+2 server time…
They say the candles are malformed, unless it’s GMT+0 ??

hyperscalper

Ok TurnkeyFX got back to me; here is what they said…

In regard to your query I would like to inform you that you are looking at the wrong instrument symbol.

Our symbols ending with underscore are enabled for trading.
Example: EURUSD_
The symbols without the underscore are not for trading they are just for back end testing only.
That is why the ones without the underscore are greyed out.

If you check the EURUSD_ instrument it is showing at spread of 0.1 to 0.3 pips

Sure enough, I added the symbol with underscore and the spread is good!

Yeah, I could have told you that ! lol The “_” underscore is always appended to the TurnkeyFX symbols. This was the case for FinProTrading, until they were absorbed into Coinexx. It continues to be true for TurnkeyForex.com .
Now the “plain symbol” (no suffix) is used at Coinexx. Sorry you experienced some confusion there; it’s easy to do.

Using the NJ4X framework and working across brokerages, I have to cater
in my configuration files per broker, as to what the “symbol_suffix” character is for each brokerage.

Here’s my xml entry format for my app, showing a TurnkeyForex account:
[ account accountname=“XX (Turnkey-USD)” account=“NNNNnnnn” password=“S3CR3T” server=“TurnkeyFX-Live” is_enabled=“true”
symbol_suffix="_" is_master=“false” manager_type=“0” system_id=“tkusdlive” enable_charts=“false”
order_workers=“2”
]

Had to put brackets so it would not be interpreted here…

hyperscalper

1 Like

TURNKEY FOREX SEEMS SLOWER

With the change in TurnkeyForex, it appears that their
transaction times have deteriorated. Basically, I’m seeing
600-800 milliseconds where I would prefer to see
150-250 milliseconds… So I’ll ask them whether they
can bypass their Aggregator, and get me better
performance, passing that info along when I get it…

[EDIT] They have now forwarded my request to their backend
team… need to give them some time to suggest a solution.

hyperscalper

FORUM SOFTWARE EDIT STATE

The forum software probably needs to check when an EDIT is
requested, that the user is logged in. Otherwise, as it seems
to be, the check for login is made on attempted SAVE of
the Edit, and then the Edit can be lost… I had to log out and
then back in to repeat my edit attempt… If I stayed in the current
session, the little “pencil” EDIT icon was not available, as it
thought I had an “edit in progress”… (but the edit panel was
invisible). Disclaimer: I do use software to delete
cookies, and if cookies are used to save session state, then also
that could confuse the software… (Feel free to delete this and
move it to a more relevant place…)

hyperscalper

from Turnkey support
"In regard to your account execution request we would like to inform you that

The execution may have been the on the higher average side due to low volumes in the past 3-4 weeks.

We will be monitoring your account orders execution speed for the next 4-5 working days to check on better executions and get back to you for updates on it."

At least they did respond, but it is not a satisfactory one considering the
difference between current and prior performance.

hyperscalper

Capital City Markets (CCM) is still down as of Jan 16, 2019. There is no connections to the trading servers since Jan 6, 2019.
Capital City Markets.docx (111.1 KB)

I have several live accounts at Turnkey, they are a good small broker, and obviosuly dont have the $ for servers like IC MARKETS or GlobalPrime, I have 1ms pings from my VPS to GlobalPrime order server, Turnkey its hard to get under 75ms from anywhere.

even now the spread on EURUSD_ at Turnkey is .5 pips and this will go down at 6PM when Asia comes online, spreads and comms are bulletproof at Turnkey, but the swaps are way below average, and some glitches live, like audchf .01L is a .01USD COM, but if you do .02L AUDCHF the com is .03USD DUH!

so 2 orders x .01L is 2 cents and one .02L is 3 cents HMM~ and I am a superhyper scalper

I’d say that’s not accurate, sir. My MT4 “ping distance” from Amsterdam
is 9.6 milliseconds most of the time, for servers in the pool which are
connected to Turnkey Forex. And that is largely uncorrelated with
duration of Order operations, such as Market Buy/Sell or Close
position, all of which are “market” operations. Let’s not trash Turnkey
too much, since they are good to excellent for MT4 Retail brokers
from an execution perspective, I’d say… :smile: [EDIT] … from
among the “U.S. friendly” set of brokers, anyway. [EDIT2] also
I see the same ping latencies for Coinexx Live servers, 9.5 msec
from the MT4 Journal entries in the MT4 server instance.

hyperscalper

1 Like

well no jokes tonight, but as to where Turnkey actually IS:remains to be SEEN. and as to where they are: no one knows: but we have given them “real” money and trusted them, despite no confirmed offices in Canary Wharf, but no worries, at the FIRST sign of BS, i will adise FCA asap as to my opionion on the expected actions of “Turnkey”> and some have suggested they have no “bank” anymore. to which I rebutted if you deposited BTC, Expect the same BACK!???

let me know where their live order servers actually are so I can get closer. I prefer to be closer to 1ms.