Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Some states have strict laws pertaining to cryptocurrency…not that anyone here should be surprised by that.

Yeah, that’s the biggest issue. I am not a system manager, and
Linux is always a struggle for me. I do run a Centos Linux box, and
have configured WINE and run MT4 with it. However, because I use
the NJ4X additional integration API and that is not specifically
supported on Linux, it makes it impractical for me to deploy my
software on a Linux platform, so I use Windows Server.

For those of you who are reasonably capable with system management,
that’s really great !! But in my life, I have to figure out application
software to solve trading problems, and that takes up nearly all of
my limited bandwidth… So, my desire to run Linux for my primary
deployments needs to give in to compromise in favor of what is really
important, and that’s the software. Sure, I do the software in Java
so it’s cross-platform, but unless your entire software suite is supportable
on Linux, ya just can’t do it, IMHO. :frowning:

One person just can’t do everything !!!

[EDIT] But I am partial to Linux, so I always have Cygwin installed on
Windows so that I have a seamless transition between the dumber
Windows command line, and the much smarter Linux commands and
utilities.

hyperscalper

True. Fortunately, other states’ actions are encouraging. Wyoming just passed several very blockchain friendly laws that could promote innovation and business.

Your choice is logical and a difference of $60/month is not substantial.

Still, just in case you ever decide to experiment with the Linux box, the Wine-Mono package is what you would want to install to run .net applications. You should be prompted to install it automatically the first time a .net application tries to run. I always hit “cancel” during the first run of MT5, because I don’t use .net. I don’t know if it would work for your application or not.

Yeah, well there is NJ4X for .NET which I know how to use,
but prefer pure Java. The Java version uses complex
interprocess communication, and NJ4X is not certified for
a Linux/WINE configuration… so not production hardened…

It all comes down to the complexity of the runtime, and
you’re right that the cost of the Windows license is nothing
in the big scheme of things. I do love my Linux box, and I
thrash it to death; but I can’t deploy my MT4/MT5 NJ4X
complex environment on it, with certainty that it will
work reliably… Just too “mission critical” for me.

I’m using Windows Server 2008 as it’s “minimal” but they
are now trying to force me onto 2012 or whatever. Again,
no big deal as NJ4X is certified for Windows.

Running perhaps 60 MetaTrader terminal instances with
all of the complexity requires lots of memory (especially
MT5, once I’m forced to use it more) so… Yeah.

I maintain 2 16gb Xeon Windows boxen for my production
work… and production/scalability is the name of my game
right now…

hyperscalper

I am still awaiting a reply from Coinexx to an email I sent Tuesday regarding the issue of not receiving my full deposit of Gemini USD which was supposed to be a pegged Crypto.

If the vote every came up again for using Coinexx as a trusted broker I’d 100% vote against at this point.

Support team is horrendous. The two replies I had receive took about 3 days for the first, and 24 hours for the second, and now waiting 3 days again for a third.

Account security is pathetic, not even basic 2FA.

And to be honest the incredibly low commissions, which to others may be appealing, strike me as fishy though that may just be me being paranoid.

Tbh I don’t believe this broker deserves to be in any category with that of FxChoice or Tradersway.

Maybe time will change my opinion.

On to finding somewhere else to use.

1 Like

I agree with you. You are being paranoid. But my view of Coinexx is
only on the Forex side… maybe you’re considering other aspects
where I have no opinion.

hyperscalper

i agree coinexx not on the same level as fxchoice and tradersway when it comes to deposits and withdrawals i no longer deposit with brokers unless im going with a new broker / coinexx, and yes there customer service is slow with emails i hope you get your problem resolve also you can send them this link in there live support showing them this thread

Considering how much money probably flows through some of these brokers, seeing high commissions would be fishy to me.

No excuse for poor support when it comes to brokers. If necessary information is not reaching the appropriate department due to the compartmentalized nature of their team, then there needs to be some oversight and accountability or someone should be fired from their position. Seems to me that customer support should be a top priority in this business.

1 Like

Always use the live chat dialogue. I inquired with them the other day about pings to their servers and received a phone call from a gentleman in about 15 mins of requesting one. The call was from London and I still have the number if you’d like it.

Do you think it may be a problem with GUSD, maybe try using Litecoin or BTC? Has anyone had success with deposits of GUSD for Coinexx? I’m about to make a deposit; I may go with Litecoin just to be sure.

Also just a heads for folks dealing with Crypto:

i did litecoin and it was a few dollars short but price only change by a few cents so im thinking there exchange rate is not that good

Coinbase has been handing over customer data to the IRS since 2017. Resistance is futile for any exchange that is looking to operate inside of the US. Just another perk that we get to enjoy as US citizens. More people should be angry but the majority seem oblivious.

4 Likes

I am planning on opening an account with Turnkey. Has anyone had much experience with them recently? Especially with withdrawing their money?

FXchoice now accepting paypal, the fee is 3.5% for deposit, and withdrawal 2.5%. The fee is very high now for deposit and withdrawal. imagine withdrawal $100k, the fee is $2500, it’s insanely high, you could withdrawal using bitcoin also, but the fee is more or less the same. The good things deposit using paypal is it arrived at your account immediately

1 Like

I just made my first withdrawal from Coinexx to my Coinbase account, a small $20 USD to test how this works. I made the request at 15:33 UTC on Friday, and the transfer was made at 10:00 UTC today, Monday – so less than one full business day. So I’m pleased with Coinexx for handling that within their promised 2-day time frame.

It took just over one hour for the funds to become available in my Coinbase/Coinbase Pro account, then I sold BTCUSD and withdrew to my bank account. Should take one week, according to Coinbase Pro (same time frame as deposits take for me).

So far so good with Coinexx!

@SmallPaul: Thanks for posting the procedures for going between Coinbase Pro & my bank account! I don’t know why the transfer is not instantaneous for me, but otherwise it works as you said it would :slight_smile: I do have one concern: I’m still using SMS for 2 step authentication – how do I set up some alternative method as I’m not sure I’ll always have this mobile number??

Thanks for all your help!

1 Like

There are different solutions available, depending on your preferences. One possibility is moving the authenticator to a new device or resetting your phone using the authenticator software, depending on which service you are using. You can also use a desktop client for google authenticator to bypass the mobile phone requirement. The pros and cons will be different, depending on which one you choose. There may be more solutions available, but I have not researched them.

@1Pipman
I have have an account with Turnkey Forex, i have made 2 withdrawals with them.
One was processed the same day and the other was processed the next day of my request…both were with Bitcoin since they are only using Bitcoin.
I have had a good experience with them so far and I am currently availing their Commission Free promotion…I will update on how it goes…

Foreign Trading Platform and Its CEO to Pay $990,000 for Illegal Bitcoin-Related Transactions with U.S. Customers

https://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/7886-19?utm_source=govdelivery