Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Goosfraba…

Goosfraba

A word that Eskimos use to calm down their children. Also a word Eskimos use when they’re having sex.

Haven’t you ever seen Anger Management? It is how I feel when I read that article and let my thoughts take over. Need to calm the rage. :grin:

2 Likes

How about fees for Crypto withdrawal. Are there any?

1.5% for bitcoin withdrawals

Personally, I feel that if any broker is charging you a fee to deposit/withdraw using crypto, then I would submit a request to eliminate those fees and state that other brokers are not charging them (i.e. complain until blue in the face and threaten to boycott). If we just accept things like this, then it may only be a matter of time before we start seeing the same kind of scheme that some banks in this country currently use, where we are paying a fee for every little thing and surrendering more and more control over our own money. Using crypto is more beneficial for them than it is a convenience for us, and they know exactly why.

1 Like

I plan on using GUSD for my transactions. When it’s transferred to your Gemini account it’s automatically converted to USD. For brokers that don’t use GUSD, you can transfer BTC to Bitmart, buy GUSD then transfer that to your Gemini account (Bitmart replied back to me that you can do that as long as your account has been verified). Hmm you probably could just convert BTC to GUSD at Gemini… I’m still trying to figure all this out.

1broker’s blog says they are going to pay the fine and start some new project.
Also, I got my BTC back as soon as they were allowed to issue refunds.
Things are actually looking pretty good all things considered.
Traders got their money back and the broker will probably be back in business soon.

Maybe we get some more clearly defined rules for crypto brokers from the process. Still waiting to see how it all shakes out, but this was not the worst case scenario.

1broker had some really innovative features. Their trade following was interesting. They had a great REST API. Hopefully they come back and maybe we even get some more clearly defined (and hopefully reasonable) rules for crypto brokerages.

1 Like

I heard from a source that FXChoice does accept wires but it needs to be one of size to make it worthwhile…

1 Like

@LAF …Is this Commission free promotion only valid on New accounts with Turnkey Forex or older accounts qualify for it as well??
I did not get this email from them…

Yes,I would do the same as well…We should not be charged for deposit or withdrawal with crypto

1 Like

I may have missed some posts regarding this, but has Trader’s Way stopped accepting US clients? Just checked their website and it states that registration is prohibited. Switched to VPN, and registration was open.

I already have a verified account with them, but I just checked, and I’m not seeing anything on the registration page that prohibits US clients. I’m not using outside US VPN either.

oh that’s great. …btw, any idea if IG markets allowing US citizens to open forex trading account with them…they just moved to Chicago…anybody ( US residents ) using IG for trading forex ?? thank you.

anyone withdraw from FX Choice using Bitcoin (with 1.5% fee) after the wires were shutdown? curious how smooth everything went

I do not have an account with them. Curious what happens if you check it again using private/incognito mode. Your IP may also be whitelisted.

you guys do know Tradersway have a live chat and a email, why go thru all that when can just ask them.

Because, if an offshore broker were keen on accepting US clients while not drawing unwanted attention, they may be reluctant to openly state that fact in response to an anonymous inquiry. It is also good to mention it in this forum so that people are aware, in the event that they may want to take precautions, especially if no notifications have been sent out. This broker is also on the trusted list, so it is important to discuss this here and to do our due diligence.

This is what I’m seeing (not vpn)

ok i just got off live chat with tradersway they still accept U.S. traders they also wanted a link to this thread so i gave it to them. case close

btw, what is it to hide 90% of brokers on our list are on CFTC / NFA. Red list

EDIT: im a client of tradersway. had a few spike problems before all good now and they are trustworthy