Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Coinexx made things right and credited my account the 1%+ “loss” I incurred during transfer. The screenshots I sent them were compelling. They only had one proper course of action and they took it. Coinexx lives on in my book.

2 Likes

I had been attempting to transfer out via USDC but kept getting errors. Live chat instructed me to try another coin and I went with Litecoin which worked perfectly. Luckily Litecoin went up about 5% during the period my account was debited and the eventual deposit into my wallet. Coinexx likely made some nice bank on the transaction. When I saw that my deposit was actually short I was not happy. I will not accept another alternative to stable coins on my next withdrawal. This loss couldn’t have been hedged. But after complaining, I’m whole again.

I started the process on Monday with USDC and eventually received the Litecoin deposit in my wallet early Saturday morning.

They appear to be understaffed relative to their administrative workload. They are likely getting accounts like crazy from the U.S. and U.K. The world is their oyster in this current climate of regulations. All they have to do is play fair and their success will be ensured; start getting greedy/dishonest and their dreams will come crashing down like a house of cards. Seems so simple doesn’t it?

2 Likes

no action in the thread so i create some action, should we be looking to add LQDFX to our trusted broker list?

If Crypto does not appeal to you, as it does not appeal to me, since I wish to fund via bankwire, it seems that Tradersway is the only viable solution. I will just have to deal with wider spreads and $150.00 withdrawal fee (for bank wire). I do not have a huge account so leverage is important to me, which eliminates FX Choice, if they even still support bank wire deposits. It just keeps getting tougher.

PS, I have decided against FXBrew since the address they provided for bank wire deposits was invalid. They said I would receive updated wire instructions and of course they never came. Live chat simply says that the problem still exists.

I signed up with Coinbase and was faced with ridiculous limits, went online to read reviews, OH Boy, are there complaints. Looked into the other Crypto exchanges, reviews are horrific. Nothing but complaints, mainly regarding limits, account lock outs, inability to convert back to US dollars, and even outright theft. This Crypto Crap is not for me.

it’s not as bad as you think

No, it is worse!

1 Like

lmao, ok but not for me

i send a ticket to coinexx i have my account set at 500:1 so i decide to use a margin caculator and found out i was only getting 300:1

SmallPaul, it seems that you have been here for quite some time. The Father of the Thread! I wish you would say something that would actually help someone. I am glad that Crypto is working for you. You using Coinbase. Were you hit with Zero deposit Limit, after all validations? Five dollar debit card weekly limit? This is what I faced! Maybe they don’t like my name or picture? I found this ludicrous! I can’t stand manipulation of the playing fields. Maybe your playing field is level, mine was not! Glad you are successful with Crypto, maybe you can share how?

Please let us know about your Coinexx margin issue. I was looking to buy Bitcoins to fund my live account at Coinexx. I may think Crypto is Crap, for now, but I always have an open mind and I am always seeking a better way to do things. Thank you.

i use coinebase pro the fees are cheaper, i pretty much do withdrawals with brokers but when i fund coinexx account i withdrew litecoin from tradersway into my coinbase pro account then i send them to coinexx. so i haven’s fund my coinbase account in a long time. i remember asking for a bigger limit for withdrawals last year and they gave it to me.

sorry if i can’t be of more help

1 Like

You will likely see many complaints online regarding Coinbase and Gemini. There are many reasons for this, but they are viable options.

Unfortunately, you will be required to provide KCY documents, go through an approval process/experience wait times, fees, account/purchase limits et al…

While there are a few other options available to US citizens, those options may not be ideal, especially if you are looking to purchase large amounts of crypto. Most people initially opt for one of the aforementioned simply because they operate inside of the US, which provides a layer of security, as well as the fact that bank wire transfers can be used and crypto can be purchased without any fees, directly on the exchange.

I remember experiencing a great deal of frustration with both of these services when I first started. I am sure that things are even worse now for new accounts. Unfortunately, I do not foresee many improvements with regard to customer convenience due to over-regulation, compliance and restrictions etc., but I am hopeful that better alternatives may become available once we see wider adoption for cryptocurrency in the future. I do see other countries leading the way, however, while the US falls way behind, for obvious reasons. So, we may have to continue looking offshore as things continue to play out here in ridiculous fashion.

2 Likes

We discussed LQDFX a few weeks ago. Their EURUSD symbol specification stops level is 20 where most places are 0. I did have an issue with an EA I was running on demo account with them because of that. I stopped using them. However, this doesn’t mean they are not trustworthy. I think we need some more feedback from others. They are also MT4 only; I need MT5.

1 Like

I found Coinbase customer service to be incredibly friendly, patient, and competent. I have nothing negative to say about them.

LAF, you must be friggin kidding me!! Are you a real millionaire? Why are you treated so well and everyone else treated like a s…t hole country? Because that was my experience. I told them to F off and die! And boy did I mean it! Screw Crypto Crapo!! Sorry but this is how I really feel, based on my experience. I am glad that your experience is so nice, you must be one in a million. OK, everyone, now is your chance to vote on Coinbase. Lets hear it because I am 66, been trading forex for 12 years, am retired, live on the ocean and have a boat at my dock, so I am not really a friggin loser, to be treated so damn poorly by Coinbase! My opinion of Coinbase will never change. OK everyone, lets hear your opinions! LAF, your comments make no sense at all. There are literally thousands of complaints on Coinbase.

base on my experience and my understanding of crypto i have no problem with coinbase, i just buy, sell, send or receive. i havent had much dealing with customer service. i sign up give them what they ask for and take it from there

2 Likes

Are you referring to KYC documents for Gemini? I spoke with them and beyond providing the standard driver’s license/misc info they have no limits on BTC purchases.

Maybe I should try Gemini, but when I looked into their reputation and reviews, everything I found was incredibly negative. People locked out of accounts and unable to convert back to fiat US Dollars. Scores of issues. After the way I was treated by Coinbase, I was ready to just forget about Crypto Crapo. I may just stay with Tradersway, and all their misgivings.

Hmm strange. Maybe that is for those actively trading crypto. If you plan on using Gemini to make a deposit to a broker or withdrawals on a not-so-frequent basis I imagine it’s fine.

I specifically asked if they needed anything else in the way of standard docs (drivers license, proof of addy) and they specifically said no. This is in reference to a personal account and I am not sure how the process of a corporate account goes.

1 Like

I am using Gemini, and so far my experience with them has been good. The sign up process was easy; questions that I submitted to their support team were all answered in a timely manner. They said “that’s a good question…” then they would answer the best they could. Last week I made a deposit; the transfer was done in the 4-5 days like they said it would take to complete. I have not done withdrawals yet, but I’ll share my experience when I get to that point. So far I’m happy with them.

Also, question for you guys. With crypto wallet addresses (like email right?) can’t we transfer BTC/LTC etc. between brokers if we want? I plan moving BTC/LTC between COINEXX and Tradersway.