expected to lift USD and if FOMC had not added the strong hints
about the weakness of the economy, it would have lifted… BUT
the market’s expectation was violated; so I guess that was a shock
on Coinexx’s systems…

Not even the “best” brokerages have absolute bullet proof
redundancy in their operations…

hyperscalper

1 Like

Just found this monster thread by Clint and now I want to gouge my eyes out lol. Great work man!

Anybody remember what Finpro was at before the switch to GMT+2 in October 2018? I think it was GMT0 but when looking back at the tick volume from summer 2018 it looked like London open was reflected on the chart at 6:00. It should be 7:00 right? I don’t think they adjusted for DST either right?

Off topic but FXchoice has stopped sending data to view Depth of Market. Very odd after FOMC yesterday…

coinexx starting to scare me:fearful:

COINEXX MARKET ORDER CLOSE LATENCIES

Here we can see that one of the slave accounts at Turnkey is able
to perform a market close position in 217 msecs. However, at
Coinexx we are looking at 700-800 msecs for the same operation.

As I’ve said before, I’d like to see Coinexx performance increase,
but its consistency is also very important.

[20190321-15:01:13.948(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx0010 msecs: 217 <–Turnkey
[20190321-15:01:14.512(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx519 msecs: 783
[20190321-15:01:14.512(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx924 msecs: 782 <-- Coinexx
[20190321-15:01:14.522(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx523 msecs: 792
[20190321-15:01:14.522(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx503 msecs: 792
[20190321-15:01:14.533(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx514 msecs: 803
[20190321-15:01:14.533(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx656 msecs: 803
[20190321-15:01:14.533(GMT)] SlaveCloseOrderTask OrderOp elapsed acct: xxxx518 msecs: 803

[EDIT] there could be “measurement artifacts” in the reporting/logging of
these times, but they are indicative of round-trip latencies anyway…

hyperscalper

2 Likes

I have noticed ever since the FINPRO/Coinexx switchover that closing trades is not as fast as it once was. There is a marked latency that is noticeable.

Yeah, the MT5 so-called “market depth” is a fairly useless
“marketing gimmick”. I analyze market depth from a Dukascopy
native API source, and that’s very useful, but very difficult to
usefully analyze.

If you think Market Depth is important, then just to say that anyone
can join the Dukascopy Community, and get access to a high
quality Demo feed forever… and there is Market Depth shown on
that JForex platform, again, for free. Live accounts are not available to
U.S. persons. I use their native API to get the data in real time, and
it always gives 10 levels of depth on each side of the market, at
various dispersions, so can be statistically analyzed… 'nuff said.

[EDIT] one more thing to explain, if a Market Depth is “sparse” where
there are few quotes near the market, the MT5 Market Depth may show
little or nothing. But the Dukas approach always gives you 10 levels
of Depth on each side of the market, regardless of how far out it needs
to go to always get you 10 Depth price/size quotes which are streamed
on each Tick… TMI

[EDIT2] Just for fun, to show you that prediction is possible, I attach
an image of 20 minutes Trend derivation (statistically analyzed) which
predicts that EUR/USD continues a short term downtrend, along with
EUR/USD actual price in 1 minute bars… :slight_smile: This is Market Depth based
prediction, but horrendously difficult to measure… :frowning:

hyperscalper

I contacted live chat about the 10 min. server crash after news release and they said they weren’t aware of any crash. Keep one eye wide open on these guys.

1 Like

I do not use DOM but found it odd that after FOMC it disappeared and they have yet to fix it. I’ve heard a lot of talk about brokers forming shell companies and being their own LP so they can be passed off as a “true” ECN.

True DOM is found merely in price action. :slight_smile:

Look, like I said, MT5’s so-called “DOM” is a joke, and an implementation
is obviously optional, plus it is useless. I am a “DOM-geek” (a very
small club) and the DOM is useless unless it can be meaningfully
measured using sophisticated computationally intensive techniques.
Really !

As for DOM in Price action?? I really don’t know what you refer to here,
but it’s invalid. ‘nuff said from the DOM Geek who finds Currency Strength
Analytics much more powerful and that needs only Price action based
calculations. Sure, I use both but fact is, Currency Strength is the only
rational way to approach Forex. just sayin’ :slight_smile:

hyperscalper

I contacted live chat as it happened and they said they were aware of it.

1 Like

I get the impression that the support team at Coinexx serve merely as a first-line of contact, to filter out or cater to basic inquires, with very little knowledge or capabilities beyond what they are given. Maybe some of them are different…not sure. But, I would imagine that the structure is similar to what we see with other, larger companies that have compartmentalized departments. I wouldn’t put too much weight into what they may or may not say about important matters unless they tell you that they have confirmed it with management or with someone that would actually know.

2 Likes

brokers have hiccups sometimes it’s how they deal with it is whats important. no need to panic just yet

3 Likes

COINEXX EXPLAINS AND APOLOGIZES…

“We extremely apologize for all the inconvenience. Couple of clients faced a no connection error during the FED interest rate decision announcement on 20th March. This occurred due to an unexpected large load on one of our servers that led to the unavailability of the server for couple of minutes, affecting some of our clients. As soon as the issue was brought to our notice, we immediately resolved the issue. Our tech team has identified the issue and has implemented a permanent fix so that such incidents are not repeated in future during any major news events time.”

[EDIT] I doubt it was only a “couple” of clients…

They continue to have my business…! :slight_smile:

hyperscalper

4 Likes

Thanks for the update! I’m currently building an EA using their data for testing it, so this is good news!

1 Like

Hey, I’m all in with Coinexx and Turnkey and am building BOTs which will
scale to hundreds of concurrent open orders, etc…

Yes, it really bothers me
that we as U.S. persons are being “squeezed” to the limit on
our choices, but my priority is not “brokerage hopping”;
rather, deploying the scalable trading system… I’ve built it
on (non-FIFO) MT4 and MT5 so if I had to change brokers,
that’s not a show stopper…

hyperscalper

1 Like

Sounds awesome! For me, I plan on diversifying with our choice of brokers (including Evolve for crypto).

Also, a side note, I’ve been looking at Bitmart for buying GUSD then deposit to Gemini which automatically gets converted to fiat USD. So, brokerages that don’t deal with GUSD, I move BTC to Bitmart, buy GUSD, then move it to Gemini. As far as fees go, I think this makes sense only for small amounts. Once you are dealing with large amounts, it makes more sense to just go straight to Gemini with their fee schedule.

A few updates on my withdrawal experience of a fairly large amount (almost 5 figures) from Coinexx. Well, the withdrawal and deposit finally reached my Crypto account after 4 days of waiting. Unfortunately it arrived more than 1% lower in value than when it left my brokerage account. The currency chosen had gone straight up since the time it was debited from my account and when it arrived in the Crypto wallet - around 5%. They say the loss was due to currency fluctuations. That answer was incorrect. I asked them to provide a transaction receipt of the withdrawal supporting their claim. I provided them multiple screenshots of the timeline and the value of the currency during the entire process.

1 Like

Was the withdrawal on week days or week ends?

To avoid currency fluctuations, gemini USD is a better option.

im a little concern coinexx refuse to send daily statements after they told me they would start sending them out