Going offshore to escape the CFTC

That was kind of my point…

1 Like

yeah your right if he took that same trade with more money in his account he still be in the trade all he had to do with his account size was take a lower position and he still be in that same trade, same diffrence

1 Like

btw i blew 57 accounts from 2005 till 2012 when i became a full time trader, my average account size was $250 and i could of added more money to any given account but i would of blown that account also because i didn’t have a winning system. so starting small has no bearing on your trading system or your continue clumpy mistakes, having more leverage can alter your ego and make you swing for the fences sometimes

4 Likes

Agreed completely

1 Like

do you think traders that swing for the fences and come up short is the reason why these nanny states lower the leverage, im not for these nanny states but i was one of those traders that wanted to get rich quick and when i saw margin compare to the stock market i went crazy, lol

1 Like

I think that part of the reasoning for the off-tangent conversations, and for good reasoning, is due to the fact that we are all in a similar situation and can relate to one another with regard to what we face as US-based traders. We are segregated from our overseas counterparts by very specific rules and limitations, and not just from a trading perspective.

The ability to vent our frustrations or discuss specific issues that only a small percentage of other people can relate to, understand or even care to hear about, can be invaluable. Being able to help each other with things that are very specific or unique to what we do, that may require a level of understanding or knowledge that may be difficult to come by in the offline world, is even more invaluable.

In many ways, we are all very lucky to have this free resource that allows us learn from each other, to connect with and help one another like we do.

5 Likes

DO COINEXX / TURNKEY HAVE ANY PATHOLOGICAL PRICINGS?
Or irregular executions, such as StopOuts?
…especially on News Events ?

My answer is an emphatic NO… Spreads no wider than
other brokerages under similar circumstances. And usually much
better in overall quality of execution in general.

Quality includes: low latency, consistency, accuracy of Executions.

So there is no “conspiracy” to defraud Traders as is often
suggested, usually when traders lose under extreme circumstances…

I monitor these things, and have posted Maximum observed
spreads many times, in the 28 Major Currency Pairs. Also, I do
trade News Events so I am well aware of how they perform during
typical news volatility.

The biggest mistake is to use Brokerage Stops, placed too close to
a highly volatile markets. But these 2 offshore brokers offer a good
quality overall, and with very low commissions.

hyperscalper

2 Likes

“coinexx non-functioning withdrawal request”

today is the day they said it will be fix, lets see

COINEXX PROFITABILITY OPPORTUNITY SCAN

Given the favorable spreads at Coinexx, here is a ranking of
"smoothed" potential profitability of each of the 28 Forex pairs,
if you had taken the maximum available, meaning if you had
Bought the Lowest available OFFER, and Sold the Highest
available BID price during the past 10 minutes of observation.
(Tail end of the London Session when there is very little action)

This, coupled with low commissions yields considerable
opportunity potential. Now, of course we don’t make perfect
scalps, but this is an indication of what is possible, purely
in gross retail Pips available. AvgPft is "Average Profit"
and the “average observed Bid/Ask spread” is also shown.

[EDIT] AvgPft is really a “smoothed” maximum profit potential
for the best possible trade during the 10 minute interval.

Period: 10mins 2019-Apr-03 14:40 GMT
GBPCAD AvgPft: 17.4 Spd: 1.8
GBPNZD AvgPft: 16.9 Spd: 1.7
GBPAUD AvgPft: 15.0 Spd: 1.8
GBPJPY AvgPft: 14.6 Spd: .6
GBPUSD AvgPft: 12.4 Spd: .7
EURCAD AvgPft: 10.6 Spd: 1.1
GBPCHF AvgPft: 10.5 Spd: 1.4
EURNZD AvgPft: 8.7 Spd: 1.3
USDCAD AvgPft: 8.0 Spd: .5
EURGBP AvgPft: 7.4 Spd: .5
EURAUD AvgPft: 6.8 Spd: .7
EURJPY AvgPft: 6.5 Spd: .3
EURUSD AvgPft: 6.2 Spd: .2
CADJPY AvgPft: 6.0 Spd: .5
CADCHF AvgPft: 5.7 Spd: .5
NZDCAD AvgPft: 5.5 Spd: .9
AUDCAD AvgPft: 5.0 Spd: .9
NZDJPY AvgPft: 4.7 Spd: .4
CHFJPY AvgPft: 4.6 Spd: .8
AUDJPY AvgPft: 4.4 Spd: .3
USDJPY AvgPft: 4.4 Spd: .2
USDCHF AvgPft: 4.3 Spd: .4
AUDNZD AvgPft: 3.8 Spd: .9
NZDUSD AvgPft: 3.7 Spd: .4
NZDCHF AvgPft: 3.7 Spd: .5
AUDUSD AvgPft: 3.6 Spd: .3
AUDCHF AvgPft: 3.4 Spd: .5
EURCHF AvgPft: 3.1 Spd: .5

hyperscalper

2 Likes

Looks like other Coinexx website functions also not working
properly… like simple query of account balance.

MT4 trading functions working, of course; this is just their
web portal.

hyperscalper

Here the rep says “tomorrow evening”… yeah, it’s spitting out
php code, etc… I’m sure their web guys are in trouble…

1 Like

yes thank god for metatrader, much better to use EA to hedge and do virtual stops, best thing since sliced bread

In fact I prefer this way by sending email to them for withdrawal instead of using their website. When I requested from the website I have no record of where the money will be going. Just two days ago one of my withdrawal was sent to a LTC address I have never own. But I am not able to provide the proof since there is no such information available on their website at all. Amazingly they actually compensated me after I complained, so I am very glad and consider Coinexx a good vendor to trade with.

When request using email I have a paper trail of the records including the address I want to get it from.

2 Likes

Excuse me but what the holy hell is happening in the Cryptocurrency markets? I must confess I’m a short-timer when it comes to the mysterious coins. I’m certainly not transferring any funds in this volatility storm. Litecoin has nearly doubled in 2 days. This is big-time hedge fund buying.

Depending on the cryptocurrency in question, volatility can cause daily valuation fluctuations in excess of 20%. Things have been slow for several months but that changed this week after we saw a major MA crossover that pushed BTC through a strong resistance level. A lot of speculation surrounding the sudden spike since the manipulation of crypto is much more prevalent and noticeable than with fiat currencies. April Fool’s articles were circulating, claiming that the SEC had approved bitcoin ETF’s, which also could have pushed the price up. Daily trading volume has more than doubled in the span of two days. The bull run has been long-awaited. We shall see how long it continues.

You can check CoinMarketCap to get a better idea:

I only do incoming transfers when these 3 line up…

1. lowest volatility hours of day
  2. pending transactions are very low
  3. the market has moved <.05% in the previous 2 hours

That has always kept me out of trouble

Outgoing… stable coins

2 Likes

Wondered for a while now if some brokers are simply plugging in to the JForex API…,
Watching Market Depth in both JForex and MT5 recently, considering how easy it would be to plug into the JForex API, and looking at JForex environment it seems entirely possible.
Is ‘our liquidity providers’ a synonym for ‘our JForex connection’ for some? If so, that’s fine with me as long as the service provided to us end users is good.

In other news, I have a new more modular software design for my systems. Trade execution and trade management will be managed mostly in MQL5 for maximum broker support while signal processing will be done in R, Python, or whatever language lends itself best to the task.
Signal processing code will not have to be altered when the winds of regulation or broker offerings change (or break… :-D). The ability to adapt rapidly to changing conditions is very important for us as US traders. Hyperscalper inspired some of my software design, including trading over 28+ pairs, so I figure this kind of info can be useful.

Litecoin is surging. Could the good times be back for Brokers in Crypto trading?

I cannot take any broker seriously with regard to cryptocurrency trading, as their spreads are just too ridiculous, in my opinion.

2 Likes

I agree, also the added swaps.

COINEXX WEB PORTAL COMING BACK ONLINE

I made a test push of LTC into a live account. Coinbase
completed the task and 6 confirmations occurred within
30 minutes or so…

The Coinexx system did not auto-credit the coin to the
account, so I simply did a ticket requesting the credit.

Now, 3.5 hours later, the funding is completed.

[EDIT] one more thing, if you use “coinexx.com” some browsers,
like Firefox say this is an unsecure connection. But, if you simply
use “www.coinexx.com” then the https mechanism works properly.
I think they just need to add a record or so into their “A” record
for the domain name… or when they generated their certificate…

hyperscalper