Going offshore to escape the CFTC

My experience with offshore brokers so far -

Coinexx has been solid. Tight spreads, instant execution. Their website still being messed up is a bit of a red flag. So far, they are my favorite. I do think it’s a bit absurd for deposits to be nearly instant, yet it takes over 48 hours to withdraw, though.

Turnkey Forex - technical difficulty after technical difficulty. Money wouldn’t go into my trading account, then it was momentarily there, now the website says my funds are gone, but their MT4 platform says there’s money in the account. So according to the account dashboard, I have no money, but on their MT4 platform it exists.

Trader’s Way - easy to use website, verified my ID quickly, everything was going fine until I started trading. It takes a solid 5 seconds for an order to execute, at least. I just waited for a good 15 seconds for a USDJPY order to go through. Closing an order took forever earlier this morning. Moving a take profit took forever. My internet connection is good. When scalping, that’s the difference between a profitable and unprofitable trade. Pretty unacceptable.

My journey into the offshore has been interesting, but not without various quirks.

3 Likes

Thank you. I take note of your comments on the issue very carefully.

I take it these are the sites for LTC and ETC pending transactions?

https://bchain.info/LTC/
https://etherscan.io/txsPending

I read that Ethereum is the fastest but the kitty game is lagging it? 7,500 current pending transactions!

Could you share what is considered a “low” number for each?

TRADERSWAY execution time. You could consider asking their
technical people to bypass the “aggregator” and route your orders
directly to their main liquidity provider. Worth asking, anyway :slight_smile:

This might potentially increase the number of MT4 “off quotes” errors, but
just be ready to retry…

hyperscalper

1 Like

Gotta be a network issue. Please report back if the lag persists for another day. Also tell us what live chat says. Thanks.

i had the same issue with tradersway back in the day they told me to use the webtrader, lmao but this issue has come back full circle this week i will talk to them again

btw there many complaints about orders hanging for 5 to 30 seconds

1 Like

BROKERS: BEST TERMS AND BEST EXECUTIONS

Reliability, consistency of execution, good pricing, and good
commission are the reasons I choose a broker. If these guys
want to survive, they have to come into line with pricing,
consistency and costs for traders.

I won’t look twice at any broker with multiple-pips spreads, or
slow and inconsistent executions, when I have alternatives.

Note: I did not specify who “these guys” were… :wink: I am
making a general point.

hyperscalper

2 Likes

COINEXX SPEED AND PRECISION

So the reason I like Coinexx is reliability, speed and
precision. Example:

Trade duration of 6 seconds. Market Order in, and Closure
at 3.5 PIPs profit (much more was available) a situation
in which EUR/AUD “glitched” down unexpectedly.
There was an “off quotes” error, and my system just
re-tried the close order.

I can rely on precision execution, low latency and good
pricing; and that’s why I like it. With very few exceptions,
it does exactly what I expect it to do, even under weird
conditions.

hyperscalper

[EDIT] Just for giggles, this is what the Currencies did
on this weird Asian session “glitch” :slight_smile: where
we see it was entirely due to AUD being up-valued instantly.
Thus, the EUR/AUD pair dropped…

CS-glitch-Currencies

2 Likes

COINEXX FIXES ITS AUTO-CREDIT THROUGH WEB PORTAL

I just pushed some LTC cash into a USD account,
and it automatGically credited to the account lickety-split !

hyperscalper

1 Like

Coinexx still has not fixed my withdrawal into USDC stable coin issue. It doesn’t recognize my USDC address from Coinbase pro.

2 Likes

I’ve received the same error for weeks. Live chat told me yesterday that today I should be able to withdrawal via USDC but I’m dubious.

Cryptocurrency addresses follow a particular format which can usually be identified by the first 1 or 2 characters in the address. For example, BTC addresses start with a ‘3’ and LTC addresses starts with an ‘M’. Tokens that are based on the ERC-20 standard, that use the Ethereum blockchain, will have the 0x prefix. USDC is ERC-20, I believe, so assuming that you gave the correct address, then there should be no issues with sending funds back to CoinBasePro unless Coinexx is not properly set up for that yet.

I will also add, for anyone that may not be overly familiar with crypto, that when you copy/paste your address, always double-check your address to ensure that it does not change when you paste it somewhere. There are some malicious programs that are being written that can monitor and alter that clipboard data so that you end up sending your money to some scammer. They are intelligently-designed, too, in that they will scan your address and pair it with one of the hundreds of thousands of addresses that they have set up for this, so that it matches closely, so that lazy people can still get duped by only double-checking the first, few digits.

Such malware is not so common, but it is always a good idea to double-check your addresses anyway, since most cryptocurrency transfers cannot be reversed.

2 Likes

BTC & LTC
https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#1,24h

BTC, LTC & ZEC
https://chain.so/BTC

ETH
www.etherchain.org/txs/pending

I look for <3500 BTC, <7500 ETH, <300 LTC, <10 ZEC

1 Like

Hello, interesting forum,

I have a question. Is anyone using Hugosway forex broker? I have had no problems with them so far but have read some bad reviews online. I have withdrawled a few thousand dollars with no problem multiple times.
I am looking to invest around 50,000 dollars and I’m afraid of using some offshore brokers. Does anyone recommend any offshore brokers that are safe and good to use? Thanks . Also I heard alpari is a good broker or IC markets . Or should I just stick to hugosway? Maybe I’m just a little spooked. ? The only reason I am worried about hugosway is because I read online somewhere that they are a new version of JAFX and I have had a bad experience with that broker in the past. Any response would be greatly appreciated
Btw, I don’t want to use US regulated brokers because they do not allow hedging which is a deal breaker for me!

I use Hugosway but only for trading CFD shares since there is no other option for those specific markets with leverage. That being said, they are very likely a ticking time bomb with the way they are conducting business, they are traveling way too close to the sun… I will just leave it at that.

As far as investing 50K offshore… FXChoice has been proven to be solid will large accounts. Another option is to split that 50K with 3-4 different offshore brokers so all your eggs are not in one basket, which is what I’m currently doing…

I trade Crypto with evolve, CFD Shares with Hugo, Indices/FX/Metals/Energy with Traders Way, Turnkey, Coinexx & FXChoice.

2 Likes

this guy has 500k account with coinexx

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Bit4x/bit4x-coinexx-pamm/2928174

1 Like

Something very fishy about that track record…

please explain

Why is his avg. pip win/loss so out of balance while his avg. $ win/loss is even? It can’t be explained by a mixture of scalping and swing trades. His avg. trade length is 2 days!!!

Well it says his trades are a mix of Technical and automated.

Oh, yeah. I guess some hedging could account for the long hold times too?