Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Email between brokers and me. I have written those brokers off. I am not putting anymore efforts into that. It’s a lost cause. Time spent is lost time, their is no upside for me. Time is money in markets. I am busy setting up all the paperwork for other 2 brokers I am going with and getting funds into those brokers. I am expecting to have success with them. If not then I will put those on the list of do not touch. Will keep trying other brokers, until I find one or two that do what they say. This is the problem everyone here is trying to address. Who can be trusted and who cannot.

So you’re long on accusations and short on specifics.

Imagine that.

2 Likes

dude i can assure you i never had any issues getting my funds out of tradersway, maybe it’s your trading

1 Like

Exactly, if he was shown the door then he was most likely trying to run something they flagged.

1 Like

if tradersway or any other broker stole your money then go on forexpeacearmy- FPA and post your claim with your detail proof, you say you wanna warn other traders that will be a start.

1 Like

Both tradersway and lmfx. I had zero problem getting funds transferred upto what I deposited. When I went over what I had transferred into the broker is when issues started.

My trading is swing trading. Good return. I am done with this conversation. I should have never said what my experience is. I was only trying to help out the community!

ok i get it your trying to help but you should still open a case on FPA and post the details of your case.

EDIT: this give tradersway and LMFX a chance to respond to your claim so we get both sides of the story

2 Likes

I will go find that site and see how to open a case when I have free time. My time is focused on funding and getting algo’s back working before this move starts. Thank you for the information.

So you had time to pull a hit and run on two trusted brokers, but not the time to fight for your profits.

Also If your “algo” got flagged from these two said brokers, most likely others will as well.

Its not them brother, its you.

1 Like

What ever! Done with this

i have to agree with Cryptosurf on this one, something not adding up with you, your on here telling us about brokers won’t pay you your profits but you don’t have time to post your case on FPA. so posting here is more important then going after your money :rofl:

1 Like

There’s a common misconception that anything goes with offshore, unregulated brokers. That simply not the case. They just like any “regulated” broker can show you the door at any time for any reason, if they don’t like you’re style of trading. Especially when it come’s to running “algo’s”

They will give you what you deposited and tell you adios.

2 Likes

i agree, most times it’s the broker liquidity provider who flag traders for using some kind of algo that take advantage of broker flaws, if they paid him his deposit that tells me he was taking advantage of broker/ LP flaws

2 Likes

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but IG opened up to US investors recently - limited to 1:50 and no metals, mid-range spread with .0.8pips on EURUSD and no fees other than swap (so they take their fee in the spread).
Big benefits for those with large funds however, who are trying to stay safe above all.
I have also been on Coinexx for a bit (over 1 year) withdrawing and depositing without issues.
I use TradeProofer to help compare brokers - they will help you visualize and compare the spread on your broker, the overall market spread, and where your order actually landed.

1 Like

take a look at the margin on their majors Margins in Forex Trading| Forex Margin Explained | IG US

The Summer Doldrums are associated with a slight widening
of Bid/Ask pricing spreads.

hyperscalper

Thx for reply. Makes sense. Didn’t see this last 2 years at IG Markets. Oh well…
Appreciate your comment. Think I’ll take a look at some of the other trusted brokers, perhaps the list of SmallPaul’s that he posted (pretty much the same I assume) and take a few demo acct’s & see if the same is happening elsewhere…

1 Like

Hi , it’s always good to read your posts. I was just wondering why people don’t consider trading currency futures…in most cases , price movement is pretty much same or exactly the reverse ( and thus price charts are also very similar in spot forex and currency futures ) , no ?? please correct me if I am wrong about price charts ( there is little bit difference ) .

expiry of contract is not an issue, as most of the traders are in the trade for couple of days or less.

is the liquidity an issue? that might be the case… I called cme , a while ago, and they told me liquidity on majors is pretty good and traders can easily get in and out of the trade. I have had zero experience with trading currency futures. I did have little bit experience with forex back in school days, I loved it.

TWS, the ib platform, does need time to learn through. there are you tube videos on how to trade forex using TWS…classical way and some newer version of it. I guess, we can always use MT4 or some other platform that we are more used to together with TWS.

one thing is leverage… currency futures is one to one unlike spot forex, I think if a trader has 15 K or 20 K in his trading account then they don’t need much leverage…and they can have a reasonable stop loss. any views… I think I am missing some great point here that’s why most of people want to trade spot forex and they don’t try currency futures… any views on this line would be greatly appreciated and would be of great help, blessings, Ray

Well, there’s not a simple answer. Mostly Forex positions can be modulated
to 100x less risk. There’s also a wider range of symbols in basic Forex than there
are Currency based Futures contracts. Yes, they would track almost identically.

Scenario: people retire with a nest egg, and trade futures; but are over-leveraged
and so they lose too much and wash out. This process can be slowed down by
100x in Forex by taking much smaller or multiple positions in the same symbol.

Currency Analytics designed for Forex can be used to predict select Futures
contracts. The mini or even micro futures contracts suffer from excessively
low liquidity. Those are the main reasons that come to mind.

hyperscalper

1 Like

The reason I prefer spot forex to currency futures:

1. I daytrade GBP/JPY, currency futures don’t have this product.
  2. leverage: currency futures over night margin is roughly equal to 75 times leverage. This is often not enough if you have multiple over night positions.
    However, if my account grow too big, I probably will switch to currency futures because offshore forex brokers are not safe enough for big account.

Also spot forex trading cost is cheaper than currency futures.
For example, at coinexx, euro trading cost is 0.2-0.3 pip plus 0.2 commission, totaling 0.4-0.5 pip.
Euro currency futures trading cost is roughly equal to 1.4 pip.