Going offshore to escape the CFTC

LIQUIDITY AND FILLS

How is it that some of you are trading such large size that
you are pushing the liquidity limits, on any individual fill
with risk of slippage or requote or outright no-fills ?

Are these scalping moves with high stakes, and close (near)
targets? Can someone clarify such a strategy? [edit] maybe
with an example?

hyperscalper

My target & stops are pretty sizeableā€¦ so minor slippage/re quotes (1-5 pips) are not that big a deal. No fills are killer, however I only use limit orders. I split my complete order size across 5 brokers including Oanda in the US.

Again, that suggests you feel you canā€™t rely on a single broker to provide
the liquidity you needā€¦? Unless you have some other reason for distributing
position size across multiple brokers.

hyperscalper

Without level II & time of sales data, I simply do not feel comfortable trading in size at a single MT4 broker, especially in offpeak hoursā€¦ I would be flying blind.

Well, for years, Iā€™ve used the Level 2 from Dukascopy, and Tick Stream analysis to generate a Time and Sales. However, in pure Forex, during offpeak hours, and
particularly during July/August low volume periods, these are unreliable. But what
is reliable, strictly in Forex, are Pair Predictions extrapolated from Currency Strength
trendingā€¦ due to the internal constraints in Forex. ā€¦but thatā€™s not for this forum.
Currency Analytics are unaffected by low volume situations , as they are uniquely Price-based only.

Hey we could fork off a different thread for that ! lol :wink:

hyperscalper

Interactivebrokers has a large order size facility that can deal with orders larger than 5M. But you need to have account over 10M.

" The minimum amount in EUR is 20,000 and the maximum amount in EUR is 5,000,000.
Customers who wish to submit orders in quantities greater than the standard order maximums can request to gain access to IBā€™s Large-Size Order Facility. In addition to allowing submission of FX orders greater than the stated limits, the Large-Size Order Facility allows customers to RFQ (Request for Quote) for an FX pair specific to the order quantity entered. Please contact Client Services or your IB Sales Representative to see if you qualify for the Large-Size Order Facility."

ā€œhow much of that 1.2B do you think is available per tick? I can tell you what itā€™s notā€¦ 50-150M.ā€

You should compare them with currency futures.
1.2B is 4 times that of currency futures.
So whatever they have available on per tick,it will be 4 times that of currency futures.

could you take discussion of this to a different thread? You all have kinda veered off the point of the thread I think which is for offshore brokers and discussions of them. @MrInvisible @HyperScalper

No. I was just asking about this liquidity discussion.
It is certainly the case, that U.S. personsā€™ highly restricted
choices of offshore brokers, is limiting our choices of
liquidity and any other brokerage attributes, through our
limited available choices; and that topic certainly is relevant
to this thread.

hyperscalper

3 Likes

Yes, liquidity of offshore brokers is relevant to this thread.
I am daytrading GBP/JPY, so liquidity is one of most important factors to me.

Right. But if you are getting ā€œslippageā€ (meaning actual price versus
expected price) which is either positive or negative, Iā€™d be interested to
know; but please mention whether you are entering against Price movement,
as would be the case when a Limit or Pending order triggers; or whether
you experience slippage
because you are chasing price. If you are
chasing price with Market type orders, then any ā€œnegative slippageā€ you
may experience; has little to do with liquidity, but simply with a market
which is running away from you ā€¦

[edit] Does that make sense to yā€™all ? A few hundred milliseconds is
"an eternity" inside a serverā€™s matching engineā€¦

hyperscalper

My daytrading order are always chasing market type.
I mean, most of my orders are stop orders: stop entries, stop exits.
When market is moving to my stop prices,when my stops are triggered and filled, most times they are worse than my stop prices.

Correct. That is exactly what would be expected.

hyperscalper

COINEXX PERFORMANCE APPEARS SLOWED

Here are the ā€œround trip latenciesā€ Iā€™m seeing on Coinexx now,
in the GBP/CAD pair; from a dedicated Amsterdam server.

These are slower than what I would like to see by a factor of 2x.
[EDIT] pls ignore the absurd artifact values where you see timings
of zeroā€¦ or less than 10 msecs or soā€¦ these are just artifacts.

[edit] these are ā€œMarketā€ orders, but they are triggered by a computer
when price is moving ā€œagainstā€ for positive advantageous slippage
nearly every timeā€¦ So Mkt Buyā€™s trigger when price is moving down, etcā€¦

[edit] MT4 instance is saying it is 9.09 milliseconds from the initial server
endpointā€¦ so pretty close to the server.

hyperscalper

Coinexx-Performance-slower

1 Like

Not meaning to be rude, but jaysus chrispt, heard that few times before already, this thread doesnā€™t sees action very often and gets silent every now and then, but if someone tries to create some buzz even be it slight off topic, people seem to loose their baloneys and start policing like the nanny state does in the US, one can just look yonder or keep scrolling, no need to pay attention what these other folks are talking about. Because God forbfid if someones tries to create a worthwhile discussion that doesnā€™t quite fits the wide scope of offshore brokerage related topics.
This thread has 7000+ pages worth of replies over the course of nearly a decade, i am sure me and some other folks enjoy reading thoughts this community has to share that is not remotely related to gOiNg oFfShOrE tO eScApE cFtC.

2 Likes

Hey, thatā€™s my server root password for all my machines !!
Are you a Key Logger by any chance? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m reorganizing the first 5 posts in this thread, where our List (and other info) resides.

The following changes will be made:

• In post #1, following the listing of our Group 1 brokers, I will add some Historical Notes regarding how we got to our present List of 10 offshore brokers. These Notes will replace the Links currently displayed in post #2.

• The Links in post #2 are badly out of date, and are a burden to organize and post. I will eliminate those Links. Then, I will move the list of Group 2 brokers (currently in the first portion of post #3) to post #2.

• Posts #3 and #4 will contain the entire Alphabetical List of Brokers.

• And post #5 will contain the original post #1, which began this thread nine years ago.

I hope these changes will make the Offshore Broker List a little more readable.

Along with these changes, I will wipe all the red icons indicating changes and updates made over the past several months.

7 Likes

Hereā€™s an interesting article from Finance Magnates ā€“

That article dove-tails nicely with something Iā€™ve been contemplating for a couple of weeks ā€“ taking a serious look at the Belize branch of the Polish broker XTB.

Many of you will recall that XTB (or X-Trade Brokers, as it was known then) was on our List several years ago. Then, like so many other brokers, XTB abruptly cancelled their U.S. clients, and we were compelled to remove XTB from our List.

Fast-forward to today, and a lot has changed ā€“ in general, in Europe ā€“ in particular, in Poland ā€“ and specifically, at XTB. I will detail a lot of this in a future post. But, for now, you might want to check out the website of XTB International Ltd ā€“ the Belize branch of XTB Group (Poland). Then, post your comments here.

EDIT ā€” Forget XTB - My mistake - See below.

2 Likes

I just tried to sign up for an account with XTB and a pop up window came up saying sorry we donā€™t except clients from your countryā€¦

2 Likes

Tried signing up as well, no bueno.

1 Like