Going offshore to escape the CFTC

That has been there for over a year. I uploaded documents Aug.2018.

1 Like

i always had the option to upload KYC documents but it wasn’t mandatory at that tme and they never ask

1 Like

I suppose it is a product of AML regs tightening across the world. I have an active accounts on 5 Crypto exchanges and all of them require a thorough KYC, have limits etc, so my Crypto dealing anonymity is far gone anyway.

2 Likes

AMLD5 for EU kicks in January. I was told some of the main anonymous crypto derivative exchanges are going to kyc. The days of anon accounts are rapidly dwindling. I just found some dreaded wretched crypto exchanged called EMX that is headquartered in the US at San Fran and STILL bans us citizens, and even says you need to prove you own an ‘external account’ via the banking secrecy laws, which is insane, how do you kyc a hardware wallet…yeah…

as far as im concerned at this point short of bieng forced onto AMP the only real viable option left is something like LQDFX that kyc’s but allows you to stay, or fxchoice, that’s really the best bet, and I can only pray and hope that coinexx will take their lead.

1 Like

if anyone could give some insight to what kyc documents coinnexx accepts thatd be great too. Worst part about offshore kyc is the address verification. can be a real major pain for a full time traveler like myself. I chatted with their support and they couldn’t definitely tell me if they accepted a auto insurance form. Ugh

Your bank account address will do.

1 Like

I have no problem with KYC policy as is. What I worry about is what happens to my information afterward. Looks like LQDFX has also implemented KYC. Also, they don’t support any stable coins but they do support XRP.

They’re useless. Some of you may recall what PFG did to traders in the U.S. or maybe MF Global? Both “regulated” U.S. brokers. They’re always killing ants with sledgehammers and routinely fail when called upon. No thanks.

1 Like

I share your sentiment. Warranted KYC that can be reasonably justified is something that I have little opposition to. However, as you say, you’ve no way of knowing what is happening to your personal information, such as whether or not it is being sold off to the highest bidder etc. (or multiple parties), especially in cases of overseas operations that reside outside of the jurisdiction of various oversight and enforcement groups.

To say that KYC is needed for additional account security is not reasonable justification, in my opinion, especially as it relates to 2FA. However, liquidity providers such as banks that fall within various jurisdictions where strict rules are imposed and where compliance issues may force those banks to require brokers to collect KYC documents so that they can continue doing business together seems more realistic and understandable.

1 Like

For anyone concerned about withdrawals I just received my withdrawal in just over 30 hrs. Under the 48 they stipulate. I didn’t have any issues at all.

3 Likes

very good news was you ask to show your KYC documents before you was able to withdraw

No. I wasn’t asked anything.

1 Like

I just got off the phone with Simon at Coinexx and here is what I learnt about their withdrawals and KYC.

After you place a withdrawal request on portal, they seek a manual email confirmation from you, UNLESS:
a) Withdrawal amount is less than $100 (earlier used to be for all amounts)
b) The same wallet address has been used for an earlier withdrawal in the past 6 months

Per him, those clients who do not respond to this email confirmation, mostly end up their withdrawal timeline crossing 48 hours. Well, I never quite understood with why this email confirmation exists in the first place. He tells me their compliance enforced this upon them as a requirement for client security. Personally, I have always felt Compliance is mostly BS just causing inefficiencies.

He tells me they never ask for any KYC documents at the time of withdrawals. So today, you can open a new account, fund, trade and make a withdrawal without any KYC being done. Apparently, they are only asking their large size accounts ($50K+ size) for a mandatory KYC at this time.

4 Likes

look like that trader provided proof of his $2 million dollar withdrawal request from coinexx on FPA, lets see how coinexx respond

that would make my life a lot easier in the beginning especially since they don’t take auto insurance as a proof of residence >.> lol… Paper work is not my friend currently and their KYC means I get to go talk to more tax lawyers,…which is fine…just …yeah point being people with less than 50k accounts don’t like KYC and paper work and run arounds.

That said, I have to urge caution guys. Maybe you’re not familiar with the full extent of crypto but the level of hacks is absurd. What Coinexx started doing is what Binance already did, and Binance sends a anti phishing code of your design as well. I use that and I use Proton mail with two passwords and 2fa on that. …It is a hassle but I wouldn’t have it any other way for moving 10s of thousands in crypto…because I have seen how sophisticated these attacks can be. They still robbed 42 million from binance’s hot wallet in one hit. These darkweb Chinese hackers do not F around at all. It’ll only be a matter of time before one of them clones coinexx entire site and attempts to phish the whole customer base or worse.They did that to binance too in 2018, changed a damn comma in the URL. or a asic character thing, almost indiscernible.

I was told this is some fraudster trying to just tarnish their brand with a false accusation.

Seeing Coinexx’s official denial, he should have actually provided his MT4 history showing growth path leading to his 2MM withdrawal as what he provided looks like a simple paint job. But let’s see what CX says now.

It is my opinion that the screenshot that was provided may been altered. Not only does the text for the withdrawal amount not line up with the other text along that same line, but it is also missing colors at the pixel level (text is monochrome), contrary to the rest of the text. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Yes it;s looking like that guy is a fraud im waiting to see what coinexx say

Investors should make sure that anyone offering a forex investment is properly licensed and has a reputable business history. The public can obtain information about any firm or individual registered with the CFTC, including any actions taken against a registrant, through the National Futures Association (NFA) Background Affiliation Status Information Center

love4x
Simon had told me that he is a fraudster just trying to tarnish the brand. Seeing Coinexx’s official denial, he should have posted more proof, his daily statements and MT4 history. Let’s see.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24

The Kingsman

Do you have 2 separate identities on this forum?

2 Likes