Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Coinexx seems to have good conditions for day trading and cryptorocket has many cryptos.

2 Likes

yes sir, i really love both of those brokers and i love them even more when i get my withdrawals within 2hrs

:flushed:

2 Likes
2 Likes

VIDEO LINKS

@TraderO Far be it from me to discourage motivational
content. But maybe you should amend your post to add
some context to the preceding video post.

I am a technical trader but none of the existing Price Based
technicals in common usage are good enough to succeed
in Forex.

I have to invent my own which use Curency Trend Strength
factoring, or even deeper predictive factors. Without predictive
power
, no trading can be successful and qualify as a legitimate
business.

And, anyway, maybe it shouldn’t be in this thread. I started a
different thread on News Event Analytics prediction here:
Pro Forex Secrets Predicting News Trading ( Currency Strength Trend ) …

…which is a legitimate attempt to transform Forex trading into
more of a science to support a trading business,
than simply an artform or guesswork. :wink:

[EDIT] Thanks for withdrawing the video post. :wink:

hyperscalper

1 Like
1 Like

one last video from me we gotta keep on topic here, watch full video

2 Likes

Everyone else keeps working…nice.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried out OspreyFX yet? Was looking at their crypto spreads, and I am skeptical about a few of them. Would rather not do the whole KYC process just to find out. Thanks.

I spoke about them previously. Wouldn’t recommend.

3 Likes

Hello all. This may be a stupid question, but i’m going to ask it anyway: A good chunk of this thread is about the discussion of establishing foreign corp entities to facilitate trading with foreign brokers. I’ve been demo trading with some of the recommended brokers from this forum (thank you, by the way), and am considering starting a live account with one of them next month. If they accept U.S. customers, what’s stopping me from simply opening a personal account with them? is it necessary for me to go through the process of establishing shell/holding companies offshore in order to start, or is that strictly part of a tax avoidance strategy?

99% of us have personal account with brokers on our list, we was just looking for a different options in case sht hit the fan or some was looking to trade with one of the bigger regulated brokers

2 Likes

Thanks. I read through your comments and the worst that I could find was that they might be charging a deposit fee for cryptocurrency. Unless there is something more concerning, I may eventually check them out because their real-time spreads are showing 0 spread for LTCUSD, almost always, and reasonable spreads for XRPUSD, and if that is really true, then that could be very favorable.

LQDFX mentioned cryptocurrency offerings over a year ago. At the time of this writing, they say that it will be available on their next update, but have no idea when that will be. Could be another year or more at this point.

I think that this has less to do about minimizing taxable income, and more about securing a future with trading by being able to trade with brokers that may not accept US clients - now, or in the future.

1 Like

Not a fan of theirs.

3 Likes

Thanks. Any reason why?

The point of the discussion (at least my point) was that these few brokers who will deal with U.S. persons have a somewhat temporary status, since they may make the business decision at any moment, to close their business for U.S. persons.

Therefore, building a scalable and sustainable business would be at risk given the shifting sands of the few brokers still accepting U.S. persons.

Not to mention the issues involved with Funds Transfer, as you can see all of these brokers struggle with constantly changing methods of Funds transfer, as the U.S. government CFTC and such entities put pressure on the standard funds transfer mechanisms, thus forcing them to find alternative methods of transferring funds.

The result is an uncertain Business Climate, and this poses a constant Risk to building a stable and sustainable business. :fearful:

[edit] As an individual and perhaps a ‘small time’ trader (no offense meant) this may be acceptable, but as activity scales, it poses unacceptable risk and burden

[edit2] TAX AVOIDANCE IS NOT THE AIM OF AN OFFSHORE ENTITY which would be illegal. Rather, it is strictly a matter of stable access to the world’s best brokerages, and funds transfer mechanisms. WE ARE NOT HERE TO CHEAT ON TAXES !!!

hyperscalper

1 Like

The bigger issue was that the fee was not listed on their site and when asked about it they either ignored me or ended the conversation. Too sketchy for me to feel comfortable. I also don’t trade crypto but since thats a huge factor for you, go for it and share your experience later.

2 Likes

I understand your position. I will certainly share my experiences, should I decide to check them out. Some of the crypto spreads that they have published on their website look very interesting, assuming that their website is accurate.

2 Likes

Thanks HyperScalper, no offense taken. Nor did i mean any offense with my use of the term “tax avoidance,” something (in my opinion) far separate from cheating one’s taxes. Reducing one’s tax burden is a completely viable piece of any business in my estimate, but to each there own. I am indeed a small time trader, but hope to one day be able to do this full time. Good to know about the funds transfer issues, do you find using a cryptowallet (for the brokers that allow BTC) alleviates that, at least to a certain degree?

1 Like

Yes, you are correct about that I think I over-reacted :frowning:

“Good to know about the funds transfer issues, do you find using a cryptowallet (for the brokers that allow BTC) alleviates that, at least to a certain degree?”

My reaction to that is NO. Unless the broker allows for transfer of
fiat currency $ or EUR or whatever… in full view of the authorities
through accepted wire transfer type procedures, then you are
dealing in the shady area of being a second class business,
in my view.

hyperscalper

to all my fellow traders stay strong

2 Likes