Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Nice word salad. If ones argument is based on generous use of “assumptions” and “if’s”…then ones argument is patently absurd.

3 Likes

Dude. If you don’t like something, don’t do it. Why would you waste 2 seconds of your precious life coming into a forum thread and doing this crap? (obvious answer is you are trying to sell the opposite of what you are slamming) Personally, I’d chuck you off this forum, but I’m not in charge.

2 Likes

who? and what happen

1 Like

If you can make 10% per month with less than 10% drawdown consistently, you will be rich in no time and are probably the greatest trader of all time.

However, I think it might be possible to time the trading challenge right so as to pass and then get a funded account. I have had systems get even 90% win rate for months at a time, but it doesn’t last forever.

Edit: if the math is correct in wmwmw’s post and I am not missing something, he is probably right. I haven’t had time to run the numbers, but it might just make more sense to take the challenge money and use big leverage if only doing it for two months. I see no reason to get upset about his post either way. The math is either correct or not

You are talking about using 10X leverage in your own account vs funded and math is still not correct. If using 400 as deposit , you would need 100% return for 3 months in a row to take the account to $3200. Let’s say you are using 10X in funded, means you are using 100X in your own account. With 100X leverage you have a 100 pip stop loss before account is blown. Not sure why so against FTMO but your argument absolutely sucks. The bottom line is this…, regardless of the % of profit you earn per month,.if I keep 100% of say a $10,000 account and I can get a $300K account, after the 70% split, it’s like a $210K account, I will make 21 times the money, let me repeat…21 TIMES THE MONEY. Without risking any of my own capital as my challenge fee(s) are refunded.

2 Likes

Now, to your point, if trading a $10,000 account, if you could do 10% per month for 32 months, you would get to $206K, assuming you withdrawal no profits. So complete the challenge/verification in 20days-2 months or trade your own account for 2 years and 8 months. This of course is assuming you have a 10K account, if you have 5K it’s 64 months and…well, you get the point.

The problem with his hypothesis is that he’s under the assumption the road to profitability and consistency is a simple mathematical equation.

Its not and it never was.

If that was the case then great traders like Jesse Livermore wouldn’t go from writing a best selling book on trading, to putting a gun in his mouth after blowing his account.

Compound math only works if every trade is executed and managed properly. Every time. If you make a mistake then your account takes a significant hit.

The road to profitability and consistency has more to do with what’s between your ears and not what’s on your calculator.

Im a few dollars away from finishing my verification with FTMO, with no help from people who say “it cant be done.”

1 Like

That is what I want to say.
I give a math calculation so that you all can have your own conclusion, which is FTMO’s challenge is as tough as you run your account 2.55 times monthly and 75000 times annually, which I don’t know any human being can do, I mean, consistently.
The traders who pass the challenge is only by luck.

1 Like

The point here is, if you trade challenge using 10X leverage, the probability you break 10% drawndown limit, is the same as you use 100X leverage in your own account, to lose 100%.
Yes, you have 100 pip stop before your account blow, but also you have the same 100 pip stop before you break 10% drowndown limit in your challenge, when you use 10X leverage.

Also you didn’t read my post right.

Your premise and your math is patently absurd.

He hasn’t a clue of what he’s talking about.

I won’t reply to ultra stupid posts.

Then stop posting ultra stupid posts.

I don’t give a damn to those who stupidly think they have censorship authorities over this site.
If you think my posts violate site rules, just report to site.
I bet if you do, site will think you need to see a doctor.

The trading landscape is flooded with fools filled with hubris and superiority complexes. Chances are he is unable to trade accordingly to his word salad equation. However that wont stop him from criticizing others. It is he that is in need of professional help.

You know what would help? Come back with a live TE showing you achieved this very same world salad calculation you’re so proud of.

Chances are you never have, and never will.

Cheers!

ok now, what the heck is going on here we all need to take a chill pill and relax :+1:

4 Likes

Did we all miss something?

Who was even talking about FTMO to warrant this word salad post?

And for the umpteenth time… you don’t need a system that performs 10% a month!!! You need a system that performs 10% in the first part of the challenge, then 5% in 2nd part of challenge. You get a free retry in both parts of challenge if you end either 30 day trial period positive but below the goals. Once funded there are no % target goals.

Please stop spreading false information and nonsense.

4 Likes

well said lol.

Not sure why my post was deleted. What a waste of time. Will probably stop posting here.