Going offshore to escape the CFTC

If I’m reading this correctly, the US government wants to put US based crypto exchanges under control of the CFTC. Yay.*

*that’s sarcasm

2 Likes

To me it looks like you are bringing in the “Toxic Flow.” SmallPaul with 773 likes on this website has been a major contributor to this thread, and I have enjoyed his comments. Pointing fingers like that just isn’t a good idea and only brings in a bad tone. We don’t want that here.

Also, why is FXview even a question here? It’s KYC; you have to upload documents like you do with Tradersway. It would be like me trying to get an account at Ducascopy or Blueberry Markets, just isn’t going to happen.

I went on my London VPS to see if I could open an account. It’s not just open an account with email and use Crypto for funding kind of Broker. See below…

With my London VPS I have an account with Evolve Markets, but they are not on our list because they don’t accept US clients.

2 Likes

thats because I dont go around sockpuppeting. And those who have been on this thread long enough can easily recall what I mean by “Toxic Flow”.

with respect to fxview I continue to believe that it is a rock solid broker and that those guys do accept US clients. Even is this broker takes clients under certain limited curcumstances and in return we get a solid regulated and extremely competitive broker, it is worth the time and effort. Atleast for me (and some other trader like me who read this thread regularly)

I’ve been on this thread long enough and personally have accounts on most of the brokers up there.

Not all brokers that we have been discussing on this thread accept clients without a KYC. Infact most of the brokers, after 1Broker took the pinch, imposed KYC requirements.

Im just not up for another John Anthony event.

And thats the reason why threads like this exist. To evaluate and to share information.

there is a thread on fxview you should post your findings there

1 Like

Yeah i Just filled out an application. It straight-forward stated “we are currently only accepting EU residents as clients.” Not sure what there is to debate about that. They look like a really good broker, as far as FX brokers go. But unfortunately they don’t want our (American’s) money.

2 Likes

Well thats half of the story. The second half of the sentence says “however our compliance will review and confirm is we can accept your application”.

Brokers who want to reject, simply don’t open their websites here in US or simply says We Don’t Accept. Not with a “we will get back to you”

Almost all brokers we have says they Don’t accept US clients (in their footer) but they still take em on.

I dont see what is there to loose if fxview accepts clients from US as some backdoor method. What is the rush to discard a new broker on this thread :thinking:

Possibly. Most likely, they just say that so you still hand over your data, which they compile and sell as a mailing list to anyone that wants to market to you. An assertion reinforced by the fact that I’ve been inundated with emails from brokers I’ve never heard of since submitting an application. The differentiation in language is because they’re clever and have created a new profit center. If they accept me as a client, I will eat my crow with a big smile on my face and update this forum singing your praises Sir.

2 Likes

go try and open account with fxview and let us know what happen. stop guessing and try it :shushing_face:

2 Likes

i just tried to open account with FXVIEW they ask you like a 100 questions the process is long and drawn out, only to get the following respond at the end

Thank you for the information provided.

We currently accept only EU residents as clients, however, our Compliance team will review your application and confirm if we can accept your registration.

EDIT: we have a enough trusted brokers on our list that can rival any heavy regulated broker.

2 Likes

Post again once funded and trading. I bet that post never comes. I get what you’re saying, if they will take us, should absolutely be listed here. But I with 100% confidence assure you, you are completely wasting your time there. EU regulators have “agreement” with CFTC, for lack of a better term to not allow brokers under their jurisdiction accept US clients.

2 Likes

well we have two other brokers who accept U.S. trader that haven’t made the list yet

https://hankotrade.com/

1 Like

I have used SageFX before they are just like the brokers Kot4x and Ospreyfx same exact back office and specs. I believe they are all owned by the same people… I am surprised none of these brokers are on our list. Hankotrade is actually one of my favorite brokers…also not on our list…very surprised not to see that one listed here. I mentioned about Hankotrade several weeks back…nobody said anything after I brought them up here. Other brokers I use that accept U.S not on our list are Ingot brokers, NordFX and Hugosway. I still use Cryptorocket…and I here they still accept new U.S clients. I know they were removed from our list but feel they should still be listed until old and new accounts no longer operate. My guess is they will continue to work well into the future.

2 Likes

truth be told sagefx, eaglefx, kot4x, ospreyfx, cryptorocket and hugosway all use the same prime broker service, also hankotrade has the same set-up as turnkeyforex, so im guessing they also have the same prime broker set up like coinexx. there not to many prime brokers left that offer retail broker service so what you have is mutilple brokers using the same set up

1 Like

To me Hankotrade is unique and like nothing else we have listed here. They are nothing like Turnkeyforex in my opinion. Eaglefx,Cryptorocket, and Hugosway are the same but very different compared to Sagefx,Kot4x and Ospreyfx. Turnkey is just like Coinexx and FXBrew …now especially after their recent updates they made.

2 Likes

just my opinion during my research, they use the same broker service

I understand but I have lots of trading experience with both so I am confident with my information on that…not just research…

1 Like

I am secretly hoping Hankotrade doesn’t get out there too much they are my number one broker right now …would hate to see them get overwhelmed and go down hill. Hardly nobody knows about them…:slight_smile:

they need to get out there to generate business or they will fold

1 Like

SageFX and HankoTrade

James (SmallPaul) has suggested two new names for our group to consider:

• SageFX (St. Vincent and the Grenadines), and
  • HankoTrade (Seychelles).

We should look into these brokers.

As always, our approach should be

• (1) will they accept U.S. residents?, and
  • (2) can we assess their reputation for honesty and stability.

As a condition for being listed here, we are NOT concerned with whether these brokers offer the best trading conditions — that is, discussions about spreads, commissions, funding options, etc. are premature at this point.

I’ll start with what they say (or don’t say) publicly about accepting U.S. clients.

SageFX

Here’s an interesting list of nationalities that are non gratis at Sage.

This is from their Terms and Conditions, Section 2.1(3) –

Restricted Territory: We restrict and reserve the right to restrict future access to all or some parts of the Website and/or Services in respect of certain jurisdictions. You fully understand and agree that we are not liable if the country of your location or residence becomes restricted or blocked. Restricted Territories include, but are not limited to, individuals residing in: Bahamas, Botswana, Burma, Cambodia, Congo, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo (DPRK), Democratic Republic of Congo (Republic of Zaire), Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, North Korea, Panama, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.

That’s quite a list. Disregarding the obviously sketchy countries, like Cuba, Sudan, Yemen, etc., it’s interesting to note that the U.K. is on the list, but the U.S. and the E.U. are not. This might indicate that SageFX is actually headquartered in the U.K. — but, because they are not regulated by the FCA, they don’t want to invite FCA trouble by hosting U.K. residents.

Anyway, it appears at first glance like this broker will welcome us outcast Americans. We should investigate this further.

I leave it to you guys to experiment with the live account opening process.

HankoTrade

With HankoTrade, we have to begin the process of opening a live account, in order to find their Terms and Conditions (titled Customer Agreement).

In that T/C document, you will not find a list of countries whose citizens or residents are not welcome at HankoTrade. What you will find is three references to the fact that some individuals are, or may be, denied access to Hanko trading accounts —

from the Introduction —

…any individual or legal entity (hereinafter, “Client”) (except for stateless persons; individuals under 18 years of age; and citizens and legal entities of countries in which Hankotrade service is not offered).

from Section 11. Representations and Warranties —

You acknowledge that Hankotrade is entering into this Agreement, and will enter into any Transaction to which it becomes a party, in reliance upon each of these representations and
warranties.
(h) You are not a Prohibited Customer;

from Section 38. Terms and Interpretation —

(cc) “Prohibited Customer” means a person or entity:
i) whose name appears on the List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons maintained by OFAC; or
ii) who resides in a Non-Cooperative Jurisdiction or in a Sanctioned Regime.

From that, we learn that —

• (1) there are “countries in which Hankotrade service is not offered”, but no list of such countries is given
  • (2) “prohibited customers” cannot trade with Hanko, and
  • (3) “prohibited customers” include (among other definitions) persons who reside in
    “a Non-Cooperative Jurisdiction or in a Sanctioned Regime”.

Does any of that preclude U.S. residents from trading with Hanko? It isn’t spelled out. So, we have to test this broker by actually opening (if possible) a live account with them.

Beginning the live account opening process, here is the first step:

HankoTrade sign-up - 1

When I clicked “sign up”, immediately, this response was returned:

After I clicked the “verification link” above, I was in, and this screen came up:

HankoTrade sign-up - 4a

So, I’ve started the Due Diligence process for you guys. Anyone interested in either SageFX or HankoTrade should pick up the ball at this point, and move it forward from here.

I will await your findings and your conclusions.

If a consensus develops that we should add one, or both, of these brokers to our List, I will attend to it.

3 Likes

it will be hard to get our regulars to do due diligence on any new broker, i think most are now happy with their current broker situation. so how do we go about adding a new broker to our list?