Going offshore to escape the CFTC

so you guys think the end is near for U.S. traders using offshore brokers?

2 Likes

nothing’s over until it’s over. :+1: :grin:
By the way what brokers good for future trading?

2 Likes

i never trade futures in my life, i’m sure the other guys will answer that question

1 Like

Not anytime soon I believe. This is just a wave at the moment. The brokers got scared because of what happened to Paxforex. But what needs to be remembered is that they were claiming to be regulated by FSA. The brokers which are totally unregulated and located at far away islands are too distant I think. US cannot claim to have dictatorship over whole world. I dont think thats so easy. In the distant future I can imagine the US reaching out to the Governments of these countries. Then there might be a real problem.

2 Likes

Exactly why I moved off of FX. These few pairs give enormous profit vs FX.

1 Like

I like Optimus Futures, they are an IB for AMP clearing but their customer support is top notch.

2 Likes

New “protections” for ASIC/Aussie traders. Following US and EU it seems.

• 30:1 for major currency pairs;
  • 20:1 for non-major currency pairs, gold, and major indices;
  • 10:1 for commodities other than gold and non-major equity indices;
  • 5:1 for individual equities and other reference values; or
  • 2:1 for cryptocurrencies.

Finance Magnates asic-officially-adopts-curbs-on-selling-cfds-to-retail-investors

Are JAFX still operating? I thought they closed down a while ago.

yes https://www.jafx.com/

unlike the u.s. regulators the european regulators doesn’t have a problem if their citizens goes offshore to get higher leverage

EDIT: the only problem is all top regulators has lower their leverage leaving offshore brokers with higher leverage and a target on their backs. i think we have 5 more years tops. :cry::cry::cry:

2 Likes

they closed down for US clients awhile ago

2 Likes
2 Likes

I promise you if the poop hits the fan too much, and the majority of the world “protects us” by preventing good trading, there will be some country, somewhere in the world that will open it’s arms lovingly to all traders who move there. Hopefully they will have a good beach or two, and friendly locals, and cold beer and strong WiFi, and I’ll wave to you from the tarmac as I take off…

2 Likes

I’m right there with you. Only think is there will be way less traders, but shouldn’t have too much of an impact as retail makes up such a small % anyway. I just hope they leave the prop firms alone. I know nothing about futures. Can you close a small loss and let winners run or must you let the trade run it’s full course. If the latter, I may as well switch to sports betting lol

2 Likes

make 2021 your year and by the end of 2021 you have start the process, don’t wait till it’s to late.

1 Like

2021 going offshore to escape the CFTC literally means going offshore to escape the CFTC. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

the U.S. regulators are getting more aggressive with their Bank Secrecy Act / Laws. tough laws about to pass in 2021. won’t surprise me if 5 more brokers drop off our list in 2021

2 Likes

What about creating an IBC in a country that has zero taxation on profits (they exist), and keeps the company officers private? With that couldn’t you trade with any broker you want? Sign up through the IBC then just be paid from the company as an independent contractor, and file taxes in the US as self-employed–being an outside independent consultant/contractor to the IBC? BTW, I’m no guru on this stuff, just been trying to do more research on it.

You should look into CFC ( control foreign corp ) requirements for IBC. You will quickly see you have massive FATCA requirements and GILTI calc…

I found this…

This is nuts. I think I could around this by having a friend outside of the US set something up (that he owns and I’m not a part of) then I’m just an independent contractor of my friends company. The key is finding a country with zero tax on capital gains. From searching around you will pay a service at least $1000 to set that up for you. I’m looking into tax laws of countries where I have friends, so we don’t have to go through some agency and pay some fee, but still have low tax obligations.