Going offshore to escape the CFTC

That couldn’t be stated enough as a major reason. :+1:

But I use 2:1. I’m not offshore for leverage. I’ve been offshore for better spreads, DMA access, gold, dow, S&P. Things we cannot get in the US.

1 Like

Same reasons here, granted I also have a futures account. There’s stiff requirements for margin on that futures account as well. Having excessive amounts tied up is a bit of a buzzkill IMO.

All I am saying is their rules make it like you only have access to 30:1. That is all I am saying. Tech you have 200 or 400 or 500 but you cannot use it.

Example: say you have 5 positions. 5 positions 3 are negative and 2 are positive. The 2 are positive have gains with positive stops. The 2 loss are near or at the max loss for the day. By their rules how I understand it you would be in default because of the 2 loss.

Everyone in here would more than likely take the positive positions that have stops in profits and put that towards their loss for the 2 negative positions waiting for the 2 loss to go positive or reach the stop out point. If the 2 loss positions went positive then you would start risk management.

FTMO you would have booked profits and then breached their agreement by the 2 losses. Then by their own rules they do not haft to pay you that profit you made because you breached their agreement. It’s upto FTMO if they want to pay you or not. Because they have not done stiffed anyone yet dose not mean they will not, it is in the agreement you signed.

1 Like

Max daily loss is booked +floating. If you close the profitable trades and the losses exceed max daily loss, close them in loss at daily reset at 6pm eastern and reopen or allow all trades to carry through daily reset. There are rules, but very easy workarounds. I’m not clear on the folks saying it’s like a 30K account. This is the same as if you had a 300K account and had your own risk rule of 10% drawdown, not really all that crazy IMO.

1 Like

Im at a loss at what it is you’re trying to say. Out of experience with them so far, everything you stated so far is patently false.

That is why I am offshore because of margin requirements and FIFO. USA dump FIFO and Margin Requirements to ECP then I would be back in USA today. I cannot have 60K tied up in margin just to make 500$ that is 100% crazy doing that. I need to have use of that margin money.

For me I have in my risk management EA code is a % of margin to account. IE say 10K and risk 1% that would mean margin cannot be higher than 100$. If I wanted to risk 5% then margin would not be higher than 500$. I only apply margin to positions that are in loss. Position that have positive stop do not count towards margin / account percent. That works for me other people it dose not work. Most people use a certain amount of pips or loss they are going to take on trade. My exit on loss is structure. Structure has broken then I cut loss.

Technically I initially had $600 tied up in FTMO to trade a 100K account.

As to which that has already been reimbursed on my first payout.

When I look at FTMO because a friend of mine signed up with them. I though about it last year then reading all the rules and agreements. I saw things in the agreement and how breach is handled. Maybe their new agreements are very different but what I saw last year was a no go for me. I am very happy you are making good money with FTMO. I hope you break the bank with them! Its not for me.

I originally poured cold water all over it as well. Never been a fan of firms such of these. That had changed once I realized my trading style could easily fit within the parameters. Much easier then say Topstep, etc.

Because I said USA and did not put in SEC # or show ECP status I was classified as retail and they give me 30:1 leverage not 400:1 hope you do not get classified as retail on their system!

1 Like

so you was able to sign up? that will be something new that a FCA regulated broker accept U.S. Traders

I tried signing up with them and filled out application. This is what they sent me…

1 Like

Yeah i think SmallPaul’s successful signup may have been a fluke.

1 Like

What they just sent me too! Blocked unless you are ECP. Friend of mine has an account with them, but he has SEC # and meets ECP. He has been using them for over a year now. He has account with Coinexx and tells me Coinexx is faster and better on spreads than their prime account that he has.

1 Like

right now the lowest spread broker on our list is HankoTrade they are my wildcard broker.

2 Likes

i would like to hear from traders that are still trading with the brokers who no longer accept U.S. Traders, to see if they are having any problems withdrawing their money and if trading conditions change on them.

1 Like

I’m still trading with FXChoice. Nothing that I notice has changed. Deposited crypto fine, haven’t tried withdrawing but I suspect that will be fine too.

I think someone in the past couple weeks posted they are still trading with Crypto Rocket

1 Like

Just got a email from coinbase they will be offering a crypto visa debit card

2 Likes