Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Not bad at all. Basically will liquidate whatever is in your account to fund purchases. Nice step, maybe they are feeling the heat with PayPal entering the fray.

2 Likes

I have a live account with Hankotrade, and Iā€™ve experienced multiple issues with initiating a position at a certain price and it opens at a completely different price. For example I placed a sell on UJ during asian session and the trade opened at 8 pips below the executed price. That is unacceptable as lower time frame trader where entries are crucial. Iā€™ve experienced this with my regular lot size and .01 lot size. Has anyone else had execution problems from them?

1 Like

Have you reached out to support about it?

2 Likes

thanks for posting your experience, keep us posted if things get worse or better

2 Likes

Yeah I sent in a support ticket this morning, so Iā€™m just waiting to hear back from them. I will let yā€™all know how the issue is resolved. Have any of you guys experienced this with them on their live account? They do have the best spreads as of right now, but I havenā€™t experienced this type of issue with my eagle or coinexx accounts.

2 Likes

Hiccups in the thread post-counter

For the past 5 days, Iā€™ve been trading private messages with Moderator Penelopip regarding the strange behavior of the post-counter on this thread. As you probably have noticed, as soon as this thread clocked its 10,000th post, the post-counter freaked out.

When the post-counter should have indicated post #10,000, it indicated instead #10,370.

Then the post-counter disappeared completely.

Now itā€™s back, but it is still off by 370 posts ā€” apparently a consequence of the fact that the Discourse Forum software which Babypips uses cannot handle post-counts over 10,000, without special tweaking by the software users (meaning the Babypips technical staff).

At one point, the Babypips admin was saying that we will have to close this thread, and migrate our List to a completely new thread.

According to Penelopipā€™s latest PM, that drastic measure is off the table (for now), but the erroneous post-count canā€™t be fixed.

Here is part of the PM I received from her today ā€”

" Iā€™ve heard back from our developers and unfortunately, the post count abnormality is an unavoidable side effect for topics with over 10,000 posts. For now though, the team has decided we can keep the topic as is and not create a new thread for it. However, we might have to revisit the idea of starting a new thread if we observe site-wide performance issues."

All of this matters, because without the post-counter, it was impossible to snap back and forth from the latest post to the List in post #1. And scrolling back more than 10,000 posts to get to post #1 was a ridiculously burdensome task.

Also, throughout this thread, there are references to previous posts by post-number, and finding those previous posts without correct post-numbers is virtually impossible.

Anyway, it is what it is.

For now, we can easily pull up our List (by clicking the date at the top of the ā€œsliderā€ on the post-counter), and then (by clicking the time-stamp at the bottom of the ā€œsliderā€), we can easily return to reading the latest post.

And, for now, we donā€™t have to close this thread.

4 Likes

as with anything in life, sht happens, keep up the good work :+1:

If you have to, we can make a 2nd thread work. Just copy post #1 into the first post of the new thread. There would be some awkwardness in referencing another thread for a little bit, but eventually the new posts would lap the old thread and it would work.

2 Likes

Generally traders look at ONLY spreads. I believe execution is more important than spreads. What you get is far more important than what you see. Execution in my accounts with both FXChoice and Coinexx has always been great! No complaints.

1 Like

should i be worry about Eaglefx withdrawals, this is the second time in the last 2 months i get this same email after i request a withdrawal

Dear

I hope this email finds you well.

Kindly be advised that we are experiencing some minor delays to our usual timeframe regarding withdrawals. This would be due to a software update on implementing even faster withdrawals in the future. One of our Payment agents will be in touch with you within 24-hours if not less. We thank you for your cooperation and patience.

If you need anything else do not hesitate to contact us again, we are happy to help.

We are available 24/7 via live chat, email, by booking a call back request or alternatively, you can go to our FAQs.

Kind regards,

Racquel
Payments Team

That is weird as I am able to see and use the Thread post counter on my account
I have checked from 2 different systems

No
They are saying that they do not accept US residents
Did you manage to open a live account with them

1 Like

No i never went thru the whole process

the card was already out in other countries and you was right paypal played a role in coinbase decision to offer the card in the U.S.

1 Like

what concerns me is they use the same excuse the last time they delay my withdrawal.

Are you sure EagleFx isnā€™t accepting US residents? I have a live account with them right now

yeah it does no good to have great spreads if your executing at the wrong price!

Btw an update on the hankotrade situation. They got back to me within 24 hours and stated it was a liquidity issue. Iā€™m not really sure how that leads to executing at the wrong price, but it is what it is. They reimbursed me for the losses I took though which is the most important part. I will let you guys know if this happens again!

4 Likes

i donā€™t think he was talking about eaglefx

If it happens again, it would be interesting if you setup a trade copier with Hankotrade and another broker like Coinexxā€“to see where Coinexx is executing your trades compared to Hankotrade. Maybe Coinexx has better LPs than Hankotrade?

2 Likes