Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I’m brand new with them, but I like them so far. Haven’t tried withdrawing yet, but I trust others experiences with them. So far everything I can see is good.

2 Likes

those are some big numbers :astonished:

2 Likes

Not one I have used.

Interesting account types you can have

1 Like

Hey jesso,

Have you tested CedarFX?

I am on a demo and their spreads are not so good compared to Turnkey. On their AUDUSD on a Friday afternoon, their spread (on their Eco, commission account) is 1.3 compared to Turnkey’s 0.4.

I hope I’m wrong lol.

EDIT: I read their FAQs and they said that their spreads are the same across all account types. That’s definitely a negative in my eyes.

1 Like

CedarFX is very solid…it all depends on what you trade. For me I mainly trade XAUUSD and sometimes GBPNZD and they beat turnkey almost the entire time on spread. I also love the zero commission account, fast deposits and withdrawals. I have also noticed how stable pairs are near market close each day…much more stable then Turnkey and Coinexx in that regard.

2 Likes

CedarFX has the same basic spreads as EagleFX. Doesn’t mean they aren’t a good broker, just maybe not ideal for scalpers.

I like them as a good potential backup to my main brokers

EDIT: and I’m pretty sure they only have 2 accounts, one is zero commission, the other is the same spreads but with $1 per lot (I think?) which gets donated to environmental causes, which is kind of unique

1 Like

I really like the idea of having multiple brokers, and multiple “tiers” of brokers, and multiple backup brokers, because you never know from day to day what’s going to happen with these things.

so I use a good copy trader and always trade with 2 or 3 as my mains, then have a couple backups that basically work the same as the first level broker they would replace

also can use the backup brokers in the copy trading, just at a lesser risk size

1 Like

I’m just curious if anyone has ever read how large of a trading account an American trader would need to bypass all these CFTC rules and trade with a USA broker? I’m sure it’s seven or even eight figures, just wondering if there is an “official” amount it that gets listed somewhere. Just thinking down the road a bit… :wink:

i think it’s 10 million, at that point your dealing with a prime broker, so don’t expect to get 500:1 leverage

1 Like

I don’t trade like most people in here. I use 100:1 max, and am perfectly fine with 25:1 if need be. Just need a couple trades a day and I’m good.

2 Likes

Last call for comments on whether we should add ProperityFX (St. Vincent and the Grenadines)
to our List.

Also, CedarFX (also in SVG) has been mentioned. Any comments on that one?

If there is general agreement on adding one, or both, of these – I’ll do it this week.

1 Like

I have no issues adding CedarFX to the list, just no personal experience with them with a live account, so can’t justify adding them to the Trusted Broker section just yet.

1 Like

I have not tried them yet, but will surely open demo accounts with both and see how they fare against Turnkey and Coinexx. I am not ready to make a deposit until I am 100% confident about them. Will keep you updated.

1 Like

Yes I use them in a rotation.
SPreads are the same as EagleFX. I don’t scalp but I certainly wouldn’t use either for scalping if I did.
Better brokers for spread out there.

Yes I use 3 brokers. 1 for forex, 1 for copy trading and 1 for crypto.

Sounds good man.
I think CedarFX are solid, could do with more opinions on that one maybe though before adding to the list.

1 Like

Every “bonus” from a broker is designed to make the noobs lose all their money. It just pumps up your account visually so you think you have more than you do, so you feel you can trade with higher risk than you should, until it all comes crumbling down.

1 Like

If you have a ProsperityFX account, could you do me a quick favor?

Could you pull up the NAS100 chart on the M5 timeframe, and check if you are missing any candles. My live and demo accounts were frozen. Live froze from 22:10-22:30, and demo froze from 22:15 to 22:30, so I was missing a couple candles from each account

just wondering if it was only me. contacted support and they said they weren’t aware of any issues. All the other indices were working fine, just NAS100 was frozen

thanks

It may depend on the contract specification. NAS100 has a 15-minute and 1-hour down period. Could this be what you are seeing?

FYI, for anyone that may be interested, I have been looking at FairForexFX (stupid name) recently. So far, some things are looking potentially decent. However, their customer support is absolute toilet and may even be a deal-breaker for me.

1 Like