Going offshore to escape the CFTC

got this email from SpectroCoin , very interesting

Get a Dedicated International Bank Account Number (IBAN) in Your Name|

Dear Client,

From our experience, fiat withdrawals from and deposits to cryptocurrency exchanges might become a bit of a difficulty, as not every financial institution accepts them. The reluctance to support transfers from crypto exchanges might become a burden for the client who might not be able to gain access to their funds and spend them.

SpectroCoin partner has a solution ā€“ you can open a free account with an International Bank Account Number (IBAN) in your own name to send and receive fiat to and from any account . With this solution, you can send and receive payments in your own name , as well as pay for your purchases with SpectroCoin Visa debit card.

Virtual IBAN supports SEPA (Single European Payment Area), SEPA Instant and SWIFT payments in Euros.

IBAN services are available to all verified SpectroCoin clients. Press the button below and get your IBAN account today!

2 Likes

did a quick look and all Iā€™m seeing is for US minor outlying islands, not USA customers

2 Likes

yeah i see. i might of got rejected when i sign up and they kept my email address, i will try to sign in and see what happens , but i think this might be the future even for us americans if our goverment donā€™t shut it down for us

Makes sense!

1 Like

Yep Iā€™m in the US

1 Like

Good idea, SmallPaul, to not publish here your list of favorite offshore brokers anymore which could help the enemy, which are the hostile regulators dedicated and determined to drastically lower leverage. Traders can use very small amounts of money to experiment with different brokers, using a little trial and error to find decent brokers.

2 Likes

Iā€™m admittedly still new to this Crypto world of ours, so why does a broker to broker BTC transfer take 10 minutes, but a broker to coinbase pro BTC transfer take 12 hours? what am I missing?

It may have nothing to do with Coinbase. They like others require at least three confirmations.

What can happen is either a to low of a fee set by the sender or network congestion.

Once itā€™s been verified 3 times on the chain, then itā€™s sitting on Coinbase waiting to be credited to your account.

1 Like

Iā€™m almost positive it has nothing to do with coinbase, thatā€™s what puzzles me.

I transfer from Broker A into coinbase and it takes 10 minutes

I transfer from Broker B into coinbase and it takes 18 hours (literally)

I transfer from Broker B into Broker C and it takes 10 minutes.

So basically, Broker B stinks, which is why I left them.

2 Likes

Yeah broker B is playing with the fees when sending, causing it to take forever to get confirmed.

1 Like

I would have left Broker B if he had taken 18 hours to transfer to Broker C and 10 minutes to my Coinbase account. A broker would try to avoid every possibility of you moving to a different broker, but if he didnā€™t, then he can be given the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

but one of my main points is arenā€™t crypto transactions supposed to be anonymous? So how would the broker know where the BTC address is going? so why does Broker B take 18 hours to transfer to coinbase, but 10 minutes to another broker? why such a massive time discrepancy between 2 crypto transactions?

The time disparity can be caused by many things. Furthermore, what you experienced yesterday may differ to what you may experience today. So, you would need to run more tests during non-volatile times to be sure.

Wallet addresses are anonymous unless they are published or someone performs a transfer while knowing who the owner is. So, technically, anyone could do that, but itā€™s not likely that your broker is tracking addresses like that.

Most likely, this is a miner/fee/queue/volatility issue. Although, it could also be something as simple as your broker doing manual transfers that have inconsistent processing times etcā€¦

Here is an article that explains things a bit more:

3 Likes

No and it never was. Anon coins like Monero or Zcash etc have those functions to make it difficult/impossible to trace.

Bitcoin has a public ledger that anyone can look at. Most outfits will have main cold/hot wallets they will send and receive from. Most are never change regularly and can be traced as a result.

Thatā€™s how they were able to track down Ross Ulbricht of Silk Road fame. They were watching transactions coming in and out.

EDIT: Thereā€™s several twitter accounts dedicated to monitor large transfers between crypto exchanges and wallets for various reasons. Also some that monitor ā€œwhalesā€ ie: those in the top percentages of holdings.

3 Likes

Let me clarify this statement since this has garnered further discussion.

Unless the owner of the wallet publishes their address or makes it known somehow that they are the owner (e.g. publishes it on their website or social media etc., or transfers a huge amount of crypto that can be easily-tracked and discloses the details of the transfer etc.), or, someone conducts a transfer to/from that address while knowing who the owner is, then the wallet owner is technically anonymous. In the case of Coinbase or similar, they already have your personal details and know that you own the address that they assign to you. In the case of brokers, all you have to do is perform a transfer with them to see their wallet address information. However, some brokers may use randomized addresses for security purposes and/or make use of multiple different wallets.

That being said, once you make yourself known, either through publishing personal details knowingly or unknowingly, it becomes a lot easier to track down which wallet address(es) might belong to you since all transfers are publicly available. In the case of service providers like Coinbase that already have your personal information and can be subpoenaed by a court to disclose that information (or hacked), you lose a lot of anonymity with that. This is what governments want, though, to be able to track and monitor everything. Iā€™ve seen many popular youtubers unknowingly disclose their personal information (email addresses, wallet addresses etc.) and theyā€™ve gotten hacked and can be tracked because they no longer are anonymous.

Anyone that requires KYC and can potentially discover your wallet address creates an opportunity for loss of anonymity. This is why governments are pushing for KYC for all exchanges. When you buy crypto with a credit card, you can be tied to your wallet address that way. There are ways to stay completely anonymous, but you essentially have to procure crypto through anonymous means. Cash is king.

Wallet addresses are similar to email addresses, except with wallet addresses, we have a public ledger called the blockchain that shows the email addresses, when emails are being sent/received between each other, and, the amount of letters, if you will, that the email contained. Also, in the case of wallet addresses, we do not get to choose what we want the address to be, unlike email addresses.

I did not expand on this because I just think that it is very unlikely that your broker would be monitoring addresses like that in order to try to slow your transfers down.

4 Likes

Yeah chances they are A) setting the fees too low or B) a third party service that sets them low to save $$$.

1 Like

Heres an example of what i was talking about.

1 Like

my test with prosperity is over, they should be on our list and their withdrawals are second to none, within 1hr, rock solid broker IMO

7 Likes

Anybody else want to weigh in on this suggestion?

3 Likes

I agree with Smallpaul :+1:

2 Likes