Going offshore to escape the CFTC

along with prosperity, sage live server is also down for me

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed EURJPY feed on COINEXX is 4 pips higher ALL THE TIME than any other broker? Spread is great at like 0.2-0.4 but the bid and ask are constantly 4 pips higher. Of course, I asked through chat and they are clueless…aggregate feed, spread is currently 0.3…YES I KNOW ALL OF THAT, why are your quotes 4 pips higher 24/5?

1 Like

ProsperityFX back up. But of course a whole slew of candles are missing, so can’t trade with them for a good while. But at least they responded to my chat. real question - would they have noticed it themselves?

EDIT: seems just demo candles are missing from the server being down, but live charts look back to normal with nothing missing, so that’s a positive

2 Likes

:+1:Same here. I have all good things to say about the Turnkeyfx. Their Withdrawal time is up to 12 to 24 hrs. I wish I can withdraw money in 6 hrs or less. I’m a intraday trader. Their spread and commissions are best for me to take a couple of trades a day. Also, I like coinexx too but their Withdrawal issue and time makes me not trade with them for now. EagleFx is my 3rd choice. It’s a new forex broker that’s great, but their spreads are too high for me to day trade for now.

Email from ProsperityFX:

We are writing to inform you of a MetaTrader issue caused by a network outage. The issue was reported at 18:51 MetaTrader Server Time until 19:51.

Our team is investigating internally to determine what can be changed to avoid a similar situation in the future. Such situations are rare due to our backup systems, however, in certain circumstances beyond our control, such outages are experienced.

We can confirm that all stop-loss and take-profit sets were executed on time thus not impacted.

Our Management Team sends apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support Team

1 Like

I think, when I checked, ProsperityFX and FairForex demo were both down at the same time. Someone else mentioned Sage being down at that time, also. Maybe they all use the same server provider. Something to maybe consider and make a mental note of anyway.

3 Likes

Would be a nice addition to the 1st post if we can nail down which brokers use which servers. Than we can choose our groupings based on that too

3 Likes

Yes, that would be good. Like Turnkey/Coinexx. Still can’t for the life of me understand why EURJPY is 4 pips higher than everyone else on Coinexx. Even comparing with Turnkey who has the EXACT same bid/ask on EVERY other instrument. Coinexx is 4 pips higher on EURJPY

2 Likes

i have such list, PM me if you want my personal list

1 Like

You are talking my mind. I asked them the same question a few days back and got this reply

I had expected them to say that they will work on their Bid/Ask price but got this response. And I think it was a fair point.

2 Likes

Just downloaded MT5 with them. EURJPY is correct it matches all other brokers. But it is 4 pips off from their MT4. Everyone uses a pool of liquidity, there is no way you are 4 pips off ALL DAY EVERY DAY. I think the folks manning the chat are clueless, just canned responses. Scary thing is…how can you not know your 4 pips off?

4 Likes

From ProsperityFX:

ProsperityFX loves bringing you an improved trading experience by continuously upgrading the services we offer.

We are now offering bigger contract sizes to the 3 major cryptocurrencies.

From now, you can enjoy the below symbols under the below names with the following lot values:

BTC USD.big = 10

ETHUSD.big = 100

XRPUSD.big = 100000

This means that when choosing 1 lot of BTCUSD.big, 10 Bitcoins will be traded instead of 1 Bitcoin. 1 lot of ETHUSD.big will give you 100 Ethereums while 1 lot of XRPUSD.big will give you 100,000 Ripple coins.

As always, we strongly recommend you trade with caution when trading these symbols and to setup risk management tools such as Stop Loss or Take Profit in place before you start trading.

We remind you to read our terms and conditions here.

Don’t forget! Our awesome Customer care agents are available 24/7 via [email protected].

Regards,

Your ProsperityFX Team

Blockquote

3 Likes

Spread = how a broker makes profit.

A broker is also a business that is in business to make a profit. If you shop for a can of corn around town, chances are that exact same can of corn will have different prices at different places you shop. Different businesses have different prices based on how they want to make a profit.

Same goes with EURJPY or anything - different brokers will have different spreads based on how much they want to make a profit.

Which is why the same broker will lower their spreads during the New York session, because more traders are trading, which means more volume, which means they can make more money. They then raise spreads during the Asian sessions, because there are fewer traders, fewer trades, less volume, less money - so the larger spreads make up that business profit

A broker can set OUTLANDISH spreads if they want to make huge money - but we as clients can then shop around and choose to trade with other brokers who aren’t idiots.

Also why a smaller broker with fewer clients would have larger spreads in general than a bigger broker with more clients who can lower spreads and still make a fortune based on number of clients and number of trades - like the Walmart of the forex world can set lower prices than a Mom & Pop store and get more business

2 Likes

that’s why i find it hard to believe a broker can offer you cash back on your losing trades unless they are on the other side of your losses

2 Likes

Wow, this is like the response I got from chat. This has nothing to do with their spreads. I am speak of the fact that there bid and ask is 4 pips higher than any other broker ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Example right now, every broker is 130.489/130.493, coinexx is 130.529/130.533. 24/5 it is 4 pips higher than anywhere else including their own MT5. Spread is great, always between 0.2-0.4.

2 Likes

my laptop puked on that last post. no clue what happened.

I guess I don’t understand why that matters if the price is higher than other brokers. as long as it trades the same on the chart, it wouldn’t matter to me at all - only consideration would be if you use a copy trader between brokers, and it might cause the trade not to get copied if the price difference isn’t accounted for

1 Like

Good. This is a big problem amongst most brokers. Their contract sizes for cryptocurrency are way off, causing traders to fork over tons in commissions. If they want to attract crypto traders, they need to provide better offerings. This is a good start, and more can be done.

2 Likes

ProsperityFx outage is getting out of control, cost me some money :rage:

1 Like

Were you not reimbursed?

you can only be reimburse if the LP does something like a false spike but let me explain i was in a profitable trade and just when i wanted to close the trade the server goes down for like 3mins costing me some pips

1 Like