Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I would definitely chat with support about that and show them a screenshot. That is 100% refundable if it’s their issue. But unless you had a set take profit (or trail stop) it would be tough to prove you were about to close the trade in profit.

1 Like

I see. I thought that most brokers will reimburse for losses in the case of a server issue. Although, in your case, I guess it seems like a slightly different matter.

1 Like

I’ve been getting a lot of missing candles lately with ProsperityFX too.

1 Like

correct me if I’m wrong but i always thought broker demo charts / candles are more trustworthy then their live account charts

1 Like

I always learned that demo charts are simply live charts a couple minutes behind so nobody can “cheat” with them - so technically a broker would be able to “fill in the gaps” and rearrange candles

2 Likes

Any reputable Offshore Brokers support CTrader are are all the ones that are considered solid only MT4/MT5? I want server-side trailing stops so I don’t have to mess with creating an EA for trailing stop and run a VPS.

Only one I ever found was Trader’s Way, but they stopped it for US citizens years ago. Even spotware(not even a broker) doesn’t want to deal with the US.

Even though I do not use Trailing Stops, I still checked it for you. On MT4 and MT5, the server-side trailing stop doesn’t work, but when I tried it on the Demo account of Act Trader of Turnkey Forex, it worked. So yes, Act Trader is an option for you if you want a server-side trailing stop.

1 Like

Thank you so much for pointing this out. Us USA traders have such limited options! I tried it myself and you are right, it works. Coinexx said it doesn’t work with them, but I didn’t even try it with them as I discovered on Coinexx you can only trade minimum 1.0 lots of crypto pairs. I need to be able to trade 0.1 and TurnkeyForex offers that. Coinexx is more popular between the two, I am not sure why as TurnkeyForex has been around a little longer and is offering 250% bonus instead of Coinexx 150%. Combined with server side trailing stop on ACT-Trader and 0.1 lot trades, this makes my decision very easy. Based on reviews, TurnkeyForex also processes withdrawals in 10-12 hours where Coinexx is 24 hours or more. Not a big deal but nice to get money sooner than later.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

I trade with Coinexx and Turnkey Forex and both provide minimum volume trading of 0.01 lots on crypto pairs and both are equally good. Regarding Server Side Trailing Stop, I tried it on Coinexx Act trader platform too, and it worked. So I believe it is the Act Trader platform that is providing this functionality.

1 Like

Coinexx doesn’t allow trade of cryptocurrency pairs, at least not ETH/USD less than 1 full lot. I confirmed this on Coinexx Chat. I think you are thinking regular Forex. The first screen shot is MT5, the Buy button disabled until you change the lot to 1.0. The second screen shot is Act-Trader showing the minimum is 1, not 0.1. Last shot is ACT-Trader on Turnkey Forex.

Image 972
Image 974

1 Like

Since we are discussing Act Trader here, so sharing my personal experience about the trading platform. Currently, I am trading with [removed for Forums violation]and using their Act Trader platform. They recently introduced this platform and I will suggest it to all the traders who like to try out new platforms. The platform has great features and is highly customizable. I can create my own work space and I can have as many work spaces as I need. I can develop and execute my automated trading strategies (have not tried it though). I can close a part of my positions and the remaining amount will stay intact, which is great. I can place stop or limit orders and also set trailing stops and not worry about it even if I close the platform. The trading execution is unreal. There are many other features and I am yet to explore them.

Margo, tell me this. Where is the documentation on how to create automated trading strategies?

Coinexx doesn’t list Act Trader as a platform on their website. I would confirm with support before using that with a live trade. If they do use that platform, we need to edit their description in the first post

1 Like

Oof. I spent a whopping 10 minutes with that Act Trader before I uninstalled it. Took 5 minutes to close a dialog window. Could barely even load my preferred instruments. I’ll stick with MT4.

2 Likes

same as prosperityfx

1 Like

Kot3x has a lot of really bad reviews. I would check forex peace army.

2 Likes

You are right. Since I only trade Bitcoin (which has a minimum lot size of 0.01), I assumed that it will be the same for all the cryptocurrencies offered by Coinexx. So, other than BTCUSD, Coinexx offers a minimum lot size of 1 for the rest of the cryptos.

I checked about this with their Chat support and here is what I have learned.

Their contract size for the Cryptos other than BTCUSD is 1 unit, so it means when you trade 1 Lot of ETHUSD with them, your margin used is ~$4000, which is ok since this is a leveraged CFD instrument and 1 Lot is giving you very little exposure.

To draw a comparison, in the case of EURUSD (and all Forex pairs), the standard contract size is 100,000 units. So the margin used for a 1 Lot of EURUSD is $1200.

So having the minimum trade volume of 1 Lot for ETHUSD does make sense to me, as it gives little exposure and consumes little margin and going below this volume would kill all the fun.

Completely agree

1 Like

Wow, this is quite detailed. Thanks!