Going offshore to escape the CFTC

i use to do instant transfer with coinbase but if you do a ACH Transfer to your bank it takes between 12 to 24hrs to get t my bank account with no fees

using Coinbase Pro seems to work better. Personally Iā€™m using Coinbase Pro to get profits out, and using Cash App to send BTC in

2 Likes

I use Coinbase Pro to take out alsoā€¦have you ever had any issues with them? I go from broker -> wallet -> Coinbase Proā€¦never had an issueā€¦ just wonderingā€¦

2 Likes

Coinbase Pro is great if you want to manage a Cryptos portfolio. The fees is also lower. I have recently shifted from Cashapp to Coinbase Pro. No complaints so far!

1 Like

if m correct one cannot withdraw via cashapp

you can send BTC from broker to cash app, then sell BTC inside Cash App, then transfer USD to your bank.

1 Like

I havenā€™t had any issues so far. But Iā€™ve also never tried to withdraw $10k at one time through them either. They might have limits I havenā€™t reached yet

1 Like

You can check your limits on the CashApp main home screen. Mines at 25k per week

1 Like

ah okā€¦ need to try that. thanks

I was talking about the limits with Coinbase Pro. You can check those by clicking the little down arrow thingy by your profile pic. Still wouldnā€™t trust CBP for those limits though. LOL

3 Likes

Yeah, iā€™ll let you know if i hit my limit :rofl:

2 Likes

The crackdown continues

FCA Is Tightening Cryptocurrency Regulation In The U.K.

The Financial Conduct Authority is implementing tight regulations in the cryptocurrency space and cracking down on some crypto platforms. The tight regulations have seen more crypto firms withdraw their applications from the regulator.

1 Like

if you can get past the gangs and violent crime and slow internet and lack of hot water, itā€™s time to move to El Salvador

4 Likes

Coinex now always gave me a fill that is 0.2 pip worse than current bid or ask.
If eurusd current bid X ask at 1.18645 X 1.18648, place a buy, got a fill at 1.18650.
I thought is was an one time error, but placed many trades today, always got that kind of bad fills.
I am going to change a broker if it keeps doing that.

2 Likes

ā€œThe passing of Bukeleā€™s Bitcoin law has been met with skepticism and worry by essentially every financial institution on the planet, starting with the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. Bitcoinā€™s volatility, exemplified by its plunge to about $30,000 this week, after grazing $65,000 in April, has been lambasted as a recipe for financial disaster.ā€

-But wider adoption would help to stabilize volatility.

"What is really Bukeleā€™s game?"

-He probably has a stockpile of BTC already.

ā€œPanama, Brazil, Nicaraguaā€”half of Latin America, almost halfā€”is now looking into it. I mean, I was on the phone with another prime minister this morning,ā€ he says. ā€œIt looks like El Salvador has just kicked off a chain reaction.ā€

-Good. This is what is needed for wider adoption. The governments and banking systems in 1st-world countries will try desperately to stop this, as they have been doing, but more developing countries will see this as an opportunity. Should be interesting to see how things play out. I just hope that these smaller governments will not be so easily-pressured or bought out.

3 Likes

i just thought about this, if crypto is ban from major regulation countries what are the alternatives to get large deposits and withdrawals to and from offshore brokers. you might think wire transfers but that will make it easier to track down offshore brokers and stop that process

central banks hate when a country government try to control or produce their own currency, i hope this works out for Latin America with no major pressure to ditch this idea

1 Like

I do not think it can be ban at this point. Too many people use or have it. So, trying to cut it off I do not think it possible. What I do think could be done is make everything reported and failure too is 100% fine and strip a lot of people. This is what I think will happen because first option to ban or stop it is no longer possible.

2 Likes

Very sure they will getā€™s tons of pressure from USA / Europe and even China. This can quickly get away from central banks.

2 Likes

might not be ban but it does seem like the major countries are heavily against crypto and they also are putting pressure on smaller countries not to adopt crypt

remember countries have tried to get away from the central bank system and it never work out for them

1 Like