Going offshore to escape the CFTC

It might have been a call from U.S. regulators informing them what time it is. We can do this the easy or hard way, you decide. :rofl: :rofl:

Very odd. I wonder why it would be now of all times as SageFX has been around for a while.

Would you suspect the same thing happening to brokers like CedarFX and ProsperityFX in the near future?

1 Like

They did it to fxchoice, tradersway, talllex and many more, and they have been around much longer than SageFX.

As you may recall from previous shutdowns, those brokers had some kind of business dealings within the United States that gave the U.S. regulators the green light to pursue them.

1 Like

Fair point. Same thing happened to INGOT Markets in August 2021, around the same time when FXChoice announced it would no longer accept US traders.

We’ll have to see what happens, but fortunately I have my big list of 90 brokers who will still accept traders from Canada and America. If one goes down I can always transfer to another one, although I am noticing some of these brokers appear to have a higher likelihood of lasting longer than others.

1 Like

I really like my two brokers, the two you mention above, I think I’m gonna stop talking about them

2 Likes

I’m following this conversation. If, and when, a consensus develops to remove Sage from our List, I will make the necessary change.

@TransparentTrader, if you really have a list of 90 brokers who will accept new US clients, I’m surprised that you have not suggested a dozen, or so, for our List here.

1 Like

I keep a list of these brokers I’m always updating once in a while, which I started here:

https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=6121

I’d need a lot of time to go through the entire list at the start of this forum, cross-check it with mine, and see which ones are unique.

But one thing I can say is my list was started in mid-2021 and I personally emailed or called each and every broker to confirm they accept US/CAD traders.

1 Like

you need to update your list

How so? You mean with the news about SageFX? Or are there other updates you had in mind?

I recommend going through your broker list and checking where they are today. Finpro trading and turnkey forex are just two to consider, but there are many more.

If you’re referring to me re-asking all 90 brokers if they accept US/CAD traders, it would take me a while to individually go through each one.

But I can definitely re-check Turnkey Forex and Finpro Trading to see where they stand now.

Any other brokers in particular I should re-check?

1 Like

you can check their websites to start

finpro tradig has shut their doors and took client money and turn key forex have merge with coinexx

2 Likes

I can, but the majority of them don’t directly disclose that information on their website or their FAQs.

In most cases I had to directly contact them through chat support or email to get the answer I wanted.

In some cases I would see them say they don’t accept CAD/US traders on their website only to say they do once I contacted them directly.

You really have to go through them one-by-one the old-fashioned way to get the answer you want. At least in my experience dealing with them.

1 Like

Interesting. I can see that Turnkey Forex’s website is alive and well, yet you get redirected to Coinexx when you attempted to register an account with Turnkey.

Do you know roughly when the merger happened?

I don’t comment very much here, but I keep up with what others are saying on this valuable forum. GypsyTrader, getting back to your statement that you cannot find a broker that accepts deposits or withdrawals in anything but crypto, there are 4 high leverage offshore brokers that accept stable US dollars easily and quickly for deposits/withdrawals. I use Tradersway most of the time since they have the smallest spreads on their exotics. They are Tradersway, FxChoice, LMFX, and LQDFX. Of course, the first 2 are no longer open to new US traders, which is almost unforgivable, thanks to evil US regulations and bullying pressure. You regulators, feeding off the taxes from hard working Americans, most of whom are fair and decent, you should be ashamed of yourselves, sacrificing fair, decent principles to yield to the unreasonable orders from your bosses. Do you really think that is the Christian thing to do? Since every word is somehow being recorded, good luck on Judgment Day.

1 Like

a week or 2 ago

Due to Sagefx’s statement, that they no longer accept US traders, they should be removed from the list

Do they do KYC?

Good list mate. :+1: