Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I’ve had one take 9 days, but never this long. In the year 2023, no broker should accept only one crypto for deposits and withdrawals.

1 Like

Trojan Horse in plain sight…

What is FedNow? On March 15th, in the midst of the banking collapses, the Federal Reserve issued a press release detailing a new instant payment system that will be launched in July. That system is called FedNow.

This has all the hallmarks of a government strategy. First, they offer it as a “convenience” or a “safety measure.” Lots of people will jump on board in order to take advantage of this.

Of course, we’ve heard this song before.

Next, it will be pushed harder, and those who don’t adopt it will be mocked, thought of as backward, and treated with suspicion. After that, it’ll be darn near impossible to do anything without it.

FedNow Instant Payments Are Coming And CBDCs Will Follow | ZeroHedge

1 Like

About the FedNow Service

The Federal Reserve Banks are developing the FedNow Service to facilitate nationwide reach of instant payment services by financial institutions — regardless of size or geographic location — around the clock, every day of the year. Through financial institutions participating in the FedNow Service, businesses and individuals will be able to send and receive instant payments at any time of day, and recipients will have full access to funds immediately, giving them greater flexibility to manage their money and make time-sensitive payments. Access will be provided through the Federal Reserve’s FedLine® network, which serves more than 10,000 financial institutions directly or through their agents. For more information, visit FedNowExplorer.org.

They aren’t even trying to hide their hostility to all things crypto…

Via the WSJ article mentioned in the article: The FDIC all but confirms it closed the bank over crypto.

1 Like

These are all very tempting, and come with mixed opinions, but in mine, I wish I could see more validation of there whereabouts.

Here are other things I would like to know:

What kind of surveillance system? Do they use something like Scila for example?

How do I validate what data feed, and from what liquidity providers? Why not have someone like ICE Data® Connectivity and Feeds, Inc. proudly displayed on their websites? IDCF is part of the Intercontinental Exchange group of entities of which actionable currencies are obtained from 19 well known established banking institutions from around the globe.

Is it a coincidence that crypto lawsuits are picking up just as the banking sector is losing billions on their bond holdings? Why the sudden interest in killing crypto when they did nothing for a decade? They don’t want anymore money leaving “their” system.

“On Monday, the CFTC filed a lawsuit against Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world by trading volume, over violation of U.S. regulations. Bitcoin price showed an immediate reaction to this news as BTC dropped below $27,000 level. Interestingly, the CFTC led to another debate by stating in the lawsuit that Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin are commodities, as opposed to Gensler’s views that all cryptocurrencies except Bitcoin are securities.”

2 Likes

Anyone that has full trust in our government is not only extremely naive, but dare I say, part of the problem.

The system is broken and corrupt.

Unfortunately, as humans, we have a long history of a lacking ability to make positive changes until after it is too late to do so.

4 Likes

Almost all retail forex trading in the US has been eliminated by U.S. regulators, that’s the reason we have this thread, so don’t be surprised if it happens with crypto exchanges too.

2 Likes

I doubt many people have full trust in any government. Rather, sacrifices are made in order to accomplish other goals.
Unfortunately, too often calls for change get answered with even more authoritarian changes. Change isn’t always good. I recall the President and Congress that implemented the laws that led to the creation of this thread came to power on a platform of “change”. Your key word is “positive” here. So I am not disagreeing, but pointing out a potential pitfall.
I think the change we need is to go back to founding principles. The Constitution and Bill Of Rights are what stand in the way of a truly dystopian future. We need to hold onto them.

1 Like

I’m beginning to believe that they only put the recommendation fee for large withdrawals, since large withdrawals are never an issue, I only experienced this problem once before, a small withdrawal of $400 that took 9 days to clear the blockchain

Either way they should put the recommended fee for all withdrawals

This withdrawal is for the lower amount. Look at the age in the advance details—29 days and counting.

BTW: I can no longer find this transaction on blockhair; this is the message i get

The transaction 4d71f61d…8b1bcf2f has either not been found on Bitcoin’s network, or, most likely, has not been processed yet.

Please wait a few minutes and check again.

If you do your own research on the latest fees required for expedited service…

https://bitcoinfees.earn.com (set fees per byte to BTC)

Then request the broker to pay that specific amount in mining fees for each transfer it should solve this issue in the future.

1 Like

Great Idea. have this worked for you or are you giving suggestions on what i should try to avoid future problems?

I’ve done it in the past with BTC out only brokers.

ex. .00000102 fastest BTC/byte x 224 avg transfer bytes size x 27000 price = $6.2 fee

1 Like

I got my answer.- This would not be possible, James.

Again, this has only occurred once before, and the withdrawal was also small. Either way, it’s not a good thing. one time with Eaglefx and now with cedarfx, both uses the same service

Since FTX’s collapse, the US Gov has been trying to force Binance’s collapse via news related runs on the exchange. The major problem for the US Gov is that Binance’s balance sheet seems to be significantly less leveraged than FTX and most banks. To this point, they have been able to handle the US Gov’s FUD created runs on the exchange.

1 Like

Not sure what’s going on but few days ago some scammer called me and said his a coinexx staff and said there is some money they wanna send me and asked for some stupid stuff like screen shot of my wallet qr code …

He knew my name and knew that at some point i was coinexx client(im not trading with them right now).

I explained it to coinexx support and they told me its scam and they working on it.

The phone number they used to call me was from UK. I’m just wondering how they accessed these information!

1 Like

Likely, your account data has been breached/hacked somehow. This could be an isolated case, or, part of a wider breach that Coinexx may be aware of but have not disclosed any details about it.

You should change your passwords if you have not already done so and ask coinexx support what other measures can be taken to secure your account(s).

In the meantime, try to think of anything that you may have done on your end that might have caused this (such as clicking on links or files from emails that you have received, especially those that seemingly appeared to be from Coinexx).

2 Likes

coinexx had this same problem a few years ago, at the time they said it was an inside job

2 Likes

I vaguely recall that now. That is a good point.

1 Like

My memory is failing me, but they did have this issue before, and I’m contacting some people right now. I recall our discussion when it occurred, maybe they can remember the details.