Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Threat of account hacks and spam make completely anonymous crypto accounts very tempting.
Huge leverage (allowing tiny deposit), no info other than an email address, and you don’t have to worry about getting 100 calls a day from “The US Department of Microsoft Windows”. Seriously, someone tried that. My name and phone number have ended up on the dark web around the time of the breach you are talking about. All they have is a name and a number, so it’s only an annoyance. I can’t imagine the damagethey would do if a broker that had SS numbers was hacked.

1 Like

This is not the same issue I mentioned, but another issue posted by a member

OG exchange bowing out of US market. Not surprising given the hostile regulatory environment here.

1 Like

The U.S. regulators are loving this

1 Like

One thing looking for sure is that my small bitcoin withdrawal is lost, maybe forever, shame on Cedarfx for setting such a low fee

It has been over a month now

Broadcasted on 26 Feb 2023 11:38:20 GMT-5

https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/4d71f61d8ad74968fe25804ab91a966bfa9ce9bc69319b31e508b0cb8b1bcf2f

https://www.blockchain.com/explorer/transactions/btc/4d71f61d8ad74968fe25804ab91a966bfa9ce9bc69319b31e508b0cb8b1bcf2f

Wow… that’s awful! You mentioned it has never happened with larger transfers, are you going to stay with them?

1 Like

For sure, they prioritize larger withdrawals with a higher fee, like 1k or more. Anything under that, you might not get your bitcoins, not because they didn’t send them, but because of low fees.

And yes I will stay with them.

It get even worse.

Disclaimer, I don’t believe in Bitcoin Transaction Accelerator services, and CedarFX will never set larger withdrawal fees so low that no one will touch it.

My friend keeps sending me links to Bitcoin Transaction Accelerator services, he says try it, what’s the worst that can happen? Lets see if they work

so I send him the transaction I.D. and told him to do it, He called me in 5mins and told me to go to the website and do it myself, you might not ever get those bitcoins, so I did and here is the message I got.

Your transaction fee is to low we only handle transactions that have fees such and such and above

The transaction fee is so low that no one on the bitcoin network or on the outside will touch it

To keep things in perspective, there is a total transaction fee of 0.05 cents for this transaction.

Blockchair is no longer broadcasting this transaction and it has now been over a month for this transaction

If you plan to withdraw less than $1,000 and don’t want to risk something like this happening to you, you might not want to use this broker, cedarfx

https://www.blockchain.com/explorer/transactions/btc/4d71f61d8ad74968fe25804ab91a966bfa9ce9bc69319b31e508b0cb8b1bcf2f

https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/4d71f61d8ad74968fe25804ab91a966bfa9ce9bc69319b31e508b0cb8b1bcf2f

2 Likes

It is my understanding that most miners work in pools and are mostly automated. I am not so sure that this would be an easy way to go about it. Mining a block by yourself is not easy, as I understand it.

2 Likes

An extremely difficult task that consumes a great deal of computer power

1 Like

Everybody around the world is fighting for a piece of that transaction fee.

Bitcoin is one of the greatest Ponzi schemes ever invented.

so following a month I chose to contact coinebase and this is their reponse.

Hello James,

I appreciate your patience while we look into this for you and I’m here to help explain.

After reviewing our records, I can see the transaction you are referring to has a pending status. The transaction hash is linked below, and it appears this transaction is still pending from the network as shown on the block explorer:

Pending transactions happen during times when the network is congested, which is out of Coinbase’s control. When this happens, the funds do not actually leave the sending wallet so I recommend you contact the sending wallet’s support team for assistance in locating these funds.

I hope this helps provide clarity. Should you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Coinbase Support!

as you can see coinbase is telling me the funds are still with the sending wallet

could it be cedarfx is playing a scam game

1 Like

Always a risk… thank you for keeping us updated.
Anyone doing business in BTC should know better than to set the transaction fee that low.
It’s unacceptable no matter what the explanation. They should fix it.

1 Like

-Unlikely. You said it was a small amount, right?

Probably, they just do not care. If they did, they would address this issue going forward, no?

yeah but i can’t ignore the small withdrawals, this issue needs to be address in the future / asap

That goes without saying. I am certainly not suggesting that. If it were me, I would not tolerate it at all, regardless of the amount.

1 Like

Perhaps I’m not as outraged as I should be because the amount is small, but that’s my fault

Fortunately, you do not have to be outraged to have principles.

1 Like

Upon speaking with Cedarfx, they informed me that the transaction is not stuck due to fees, they have sent my bitcoins to the address I provided, and there is nothing they can do about it.

I don’t know what else it could be, the memepool isn’t congested, Coinbase notified me that I have received my bitcoins, and now I am awaiting confirmation, It’s been over a month

https://mempool.ninja/tx/4d71f61d8ad74968fe25804ab91a966bfa9ce9bc69319b31e508b0cb8b1bcf2f

1 Like