Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Looks like SageFX does not offer Metatrader any longer? Only shows “TradeLocker” as an option.

1 Like

I don’t have any experience with the brokers below, but I do know they accept US clients and are MT5 only. Do your own diligence.

• Crypto Altum
  • CarbonCapitalFX
  • LegacyFX
  • UNFXB
  • SolidECN
  • EncoreCapitals
  • Climax Prime
  • BelleoFX
  • MecuryFX
  • Face Capital Limited
  • EnclaveFX
  • LidyaFX
  • Sapphire Markets
  • iBell Markets
  • GIFX Prime
  • WaysTrade
  • TheBrokersCapital
  • FXGrow
  • AronGroups.co
  • NovatechFX.com
  • AxenTrade
  • MidasFX
  • HeroFx.co (also offers MT4)

This is on top of the list provided by @ragtop50, whose recommended brokers have MT4 and MT5 offered.

Let me know if this helps!

Newbie US resident here. If we open individual account with these offshore brokers (such as LMFX, EagleFX etc), do we have to pay any taxes to those foreign jurisdictions?

You will have to pay a tax for trading but rare forex brokers accept U.S traders so I think you have no choice to avoid the tax except using cryptos

1 Like

LQDFX is undergoing major changes. Here’s an email they just sent out

BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS and Improvements to LQDFX Coming Soon…

Dear Trader,

How are you doing today? We hope you’re doing great!

We couldn’t wait to share some exciting news with you! We have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to improve our trading platform, and we’re thrilled to announce that over the next month, we will release a range of updates that will take your trading experience to a whole new level!

Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect:

Margin Improvements: Get more buying power and increase your potential gains

Commission Reductions: Lower transaction costs and boost your profits

Micro Account Leverage Improvements: Make bigger gains with less investment

SWAP-Free Trading for All: Say goodbye to rollover charges

At LQDFX, we’re traders too, and we understand what it takes to succeed in the markets. That’s why we’re committed to providing you with the best trading conditions possible. With these updates, we’re one step closer to becoming the number-one broker of choice for traders like you.

So, stay tuned and watch this space! We can’t wait to roll out these improvements and see you take advantage of them.

Best regards,

LQDFX Team

3 Likes

be interesting to see how this goes

Keeping up with one of the brokers on our list, Just got this email from LQDFX

You asked for it. Now it’s here…

Dear traders,

The wait is almost over!

You asked for

• Uninterrupted operation and non-stop access
  • Optimal trading experience
  • Automation & Efficiency

That is why we brought the VPS hosting for you!

1 Like

Give with one hand, take with the other.

Do you know if they still enforce stops levels?

2 Likes

I Don’t understand what you mean

I got 403 error when trying edit my post above

The only stop levels i know is stop loss and like all brokers, they should honor that unless a wild swing happens

Whenever a pending order is set up, it is required that the desired price is set a minimum distance from the current price. Entry, SL, TP, etc. I think they had it set to 20 or 30 which can be annoying.

I see that they have removed all swap charges but no mention about stops levels.

It’s listed in the contract specification with the swap info, etc.
CTRL+U and then properties.

Thanks for posting. They’re a little vague on the details but I’ll keep an eye on them.

2 Likes

I remember that as well. Was a big turn off at the time and still is. Curious if that is still in effect.

2 Likes

I believe that’s still in place, In my case, I don’t use SL, but rather use price alerts since I’ve never trusted any broker, onshore or offshore knowing my S/L

3 Likes

Cedarfx and Prosperityfx are my two main brokers, but LQDFX has always been my most trusted broker when I dealt with them. Due to their increase in leverage on certain products, I might begin working with them again.

3 Likes

Do we know of any brokers that accept US and have a cents account?

Not fitting the thread topic exactly, but if I were starting out and in USA, I would use OANDA. They allow you to trade in their own units. Start with one unit and it ends up being less than a cent. I am talking about using either OANDA platform in real time, or their REST API. MT4 is probably 1000 units at 0.01 lot. I don’t like MT4 through a bridge, so would not use OANDA’s MT4, personally. Real time or REST API and you really can’t beat OANDA for extremely low risk. Just my 2 cents. Cheers

2 Likes

Yeah, I need a cents account that will run in mt4. Oanda won’t on mt4 below lot size 0.01 and their leverage is garbage in US. So far I have not found a single broker that has a cents account and accepts Us citizens. what is wrong with this world.

So the SEC is suing CoinBase again.

At what point do we consider the adverse ramifications of the actions of such large regulatory groups, and put our foot to the ground and say that enough is enough?

Is the chairman of the SEC, Gary Gensler (pictured below, because, why not?) and others like him, ever going to be accountable for the massive disruption, financial devastation and mass exodus of businesses and investors that try to operate within the United States?

The kind of gross overreach and bullying that we continue to see will only further-isolate the U.S. and its investors and will do little-to-nothing to actually ‘protect’ citizens from risk; which, by the way, I would argue that a negligible percentage of people would actually opt-in for, given the choice.

This kind of suppression of technology continues to go unchecked in this country, meanwhile, a small group of people that sit to gain from competing solutions that are less-desirable and oftentimes destructive in nature, continue to amass stupid amounts of wealth while the planet gets destroyed and the majority of the human population continues to struggle and live in poverty.

There exists such a gross conflict of interest in this country (and globally) where politicians and corporations continue to make decisions for the betterment of themselves in lieu of the people; decisions that are based on greed, power and control etc…

I realize that I am getting off-track, so let me be clear… I am not against regulation… especially the type of regulation that is necessary to keep criminals in check. But when it comes to investing my own money, let me choose where/how to do that without your intervention. I do not want, nor need, your protection. Let me opt-out. I no longer want to be a pariah that gets treated like a leper.

So, please, stop bullying the companies that afford me the opportunity to make a better life for me and my family just because they do not conform to what your idea of compliance should look like. /rant

– Chair of SEC, Gary Gensler

2 Likes

They also going after Binance

Binance, Coinbase CEOs Collectively Lost $1.7 Billion Of Personal Wealth After SEC Crackdown

• The SEC filed charges against Binance and Coinbase this week
  • The lawsuits impact the companies’ valuation and the crypto market
  • The cryptocurrency market saw a 2.6% gain over the past 24 hours

The lawsuits filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) this week against major centralized cryptocurrency exchange platforms Binance and Coinbase not only cost the crypto market billions but also the exchanges’ CEOs billions of dollars in personal wealth.

The Wall Street major regulator filed a lawsuit against Binance on Monday and Coinbase on Tuesday and alleged that both cryptocurrency empires violated the country’s securities law.

But while these huge developments in the nascent industry massively impacted the valuations of both companies, causing a drop in prices of popular digital assets and briefly crashing the crypto market, Zhao and Armstrong collectively lost more than $1 billion, Bloomberg revealed, citing its Billionaires Index data.

<Binance, Coinbase CEOs Collectively Lost $1.7 Billion Of Personal Wealth After SEC Crackdown

2 Likes

The sad thing is, even if there is a case for a counter-suit, US tax-payers will likely have to foot the bill, and no new legislation will be proposed to deter such activity in the future. Likely, even those directly involved will not be held accountable in any reasonable fashion, since they are just ‘doing their jobs’, after all.

1 Like

It’s not looking good guys, more bad news

The future of American crypto looks bleak as Gary Gensler declares war—and it could mean the end of Coinbase in the U.S.

The crypto industry began the week preparing for a congressional hearing that it hoped would pave a path toward new regulatory framework.

The chairman of the Securities Exchange Commission had other ideas.

On Monday, Gary Gensler dropped a long-awaited lawsuit against Binance, exposing embarrassing details of a campaign by the world’s biggest crypto exchange to evade U.S regulation. The following morning, he dropped a second complaint against Coinbase before embarking on a TV tour that would portray the crypto industry as lawless and out of control. He also questioned the need for crypto, telling Bloomberg: “We don’t need more digital currency…we already have digital currency—it’s called the U.S. dollar."

<https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/future-american-crypto-looks-bleak-144931509.html

The topic of going offshore to escape the SEC will become a new thread in the future.

1 Like