Going offshore to escape the CFTC

Thanks for the response! I deleted my post because I got a little nervous about the content I had posted in such a public arena.

I would think that is way to go then if people have access to a friend outside the US that would help. This is my plan for accessing the best brokers and best trading conditions in the world.

1 Like

Unless we actually express it, of course - however politely - in which case apparently we’re “trolling”!!! :sweat_smile:

Apparently not. :laughing:

This thread has existed since September 2010, with close to 14K posts. Whatever gave you the idea that you in November 2023, (after 13 years) have some enlightenment regarding using offshore brokers?

Whatever it is, I can guarantee it has been discussed ad nauseum. So whatever revelation you think you have, is completely irrelevant.

1 Like

When it comes to offshore brokers, You can’t tell us anything we don’t already know

Wanted to check in with you guys and see if there’s any new brokers = No

Not much conversation about prop firms. Never really interested me.

Renesource gone = Surprised. Just a reminder that number of years in business means nothing.

MT4 EOL? A headache for me. My VPS uses MT4 to copy trades. It’s turned into a monster with a lot of accounts. Conversion is going to be very painful. No warning yet from the current brokers I’m using. Maybe it’s not a total EOL? Maybe no future updates/support?

Saw AMP mentioned a few times. @Xanaphlaxes @Cryptosurf, do they support MT5? If I was going to put US clients with them, I need to copy trades. I don’t touch anyone’s money. They need their own account to receive the orders. Do they have an internal trade copier or some type of PAMM system? What’s the leverage available? I know I could go digging for info, but insight from you guys would be helpful since we have all used the same system over the years.

Sounds like @Pipsteroid @flamingoproxy spend more time reading and posting than actually trading. Always entertaining to watch you show those types the door :laughing:

Only contribution I can offer is to avoid FV Bank (for now). I tried to use them for crypto exchange but they’re not ready yet. ACH transfers took more than TWO WEEKS. Customer service didn’t return calls. A couple of people have told me their focus is on eight figure accounts- Then why do they offer a retail product?

Have any of you seen a crypto exchange that uses Zelle yet???

2 Likes

AMP does offer MT5 but not sure if its robust enough for what you’re wanting to do. There’s more robust and advanced platforms that would be a better choice. With futures leverage is based on each instrument contract specs. Its not something you have a choice with.

2 Likes

got this email from them today

Prosperity4X Team

Important Updates

Dear Valued Clients,

We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the recent inconvenience you’ve experienced with the temporary loss of access to your trading accounts. Rest assured, our team has been diligently working to address these issues, and we are pleased to inform you that we anticipate full access to your trading accounts and our new CRM platform to be restored later today.

To ensure a smooth transition, we will be sending a follow-up email later today with comprehensive instructions on how to access your Trading Account and the new Backoffice. We understand the importance of a seamless experience for our clients, and we appreciate your patience during this process.

In our commitment to show our gratitude for your loyalty, we are excited to announce that we will be providing a 2% bonus on the funds present in your MetaTrader accounts as of the freeze on November 10th when we initiated the migration process. This bonus will be credited to your account once all updates are finalized. It is our way of expressing our appreciation for your continued support.

Should you have any claims for losses incurred since November 10th, please direct them to [email protected]. Please remember to close any trades you intend to make a claim against before initiating the claims process, as trades must be closed for claims to be processed effectively.

We are immensely grateful for your support over the past four years, and we eagerly anticipate the exciting innovations and opportunities that lie ahead in the coming years. Your trust and loyalty are the cornerstones of our success, and we remain dedicated to providing you with the best possible trading experience.
Thank you once again for choosing us as your trading partner. We look forward to serving you with even greater excellence in the future.

Sincerely,

Prosperity4X Team

1 Like

Yes, they support MT5.
I haven’t been able to figure out exactly how order routing works. It does not appear that TP SL make it to the exchange, but instead go to some intermediate server.
Also, they often post “correction” + or - to account. This is some type of synchronization between the exchange and MT5. Again, I don’t know the technical specifics, unfortunately. The corrections are generally very small amount of money.

AMP offers a huge number of options for client software. I don’t even know where to start to find a potential upgrade from MT5.

Leverage can change depending on news. I would check their site for accurate information per instrument. I have been somewhat conservative in trade sizes so have not had to worry about it.

I’m happy with execution and trading conditions. I have not noticed any anomalies.

My best advice would be to engage AMP directly to ask about your requirements.

Switching to the other discussion…
On topic of the warnings about brokers, I think its good to have a reminder every so often. We have said this many times and it bears repeating. There are no guarantees when depositing money with a broker. Trading in general, you should never use any money you cannot afford to lose.
If you send assets to a broker, assume you will never see those assets again.
There is nothing to stop a broker from giving you the finger and keeping your money. EDIT: That last paragraph is obvious stuff for experienced traders, not directed at us. Just saying its good to repeat it often, because some people do foolish things and lose more than they can afford to lose.

1 Like

And then there were seven.

The List has been edited.

2 Likes

Sorry to post this here as it is tangential, but many of us are now trading futures. Should we start a different topic somewhere to discuss?

It’s been a long night. I’ve found the MT5 indicators I needed, but I had to substitute three of them and for that reason I won’t be trading live next week, but I will test these indicators with my system. So far, everything has lined up in my backtesting.

1 Like

My neighbor shared with me last week that her regulated bank/mortgage company decided to call in her loan.

In order to beat the clock, she is under contract for less than expected.

Regulated American financial institutions can do whatever, whenever they choose.

1 Like

I would think that might be a very good idea - just judging by the rudeness and hostility with which my longer post above, about the many advantages of futures, was met, you know? :wink:

That hostility had nothing to do with Future trading.

3 Likes

-You mean the presumptuous, condescending one? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I tried a demo account with LQDFX copying a signal that trades only XAU/USD. My demo account’s performance was terrible compared to the trader. I switched to trying a demo account and then a live account at FX Choice, where performance was almost as good as the signal provider’s. (I have an old account at FX Choice opened when they accepted U.S. clients.) At LQDFX swap charges were high and the disparity between my entry/exit prices and the trader’s was great. This led me to give up on LQDFX. However, good to know your experience has been different. I might try them out with a signal that trades forex rather than a metal.

@Clint,

I am writing to update my recent posts about Forex Chief, including sharing what information I can regarding criteria you posted for including a broker in your list.

I have not traded in a live account with them yet, but I do want to report on my initial contacts with them, which I find encouraging.

There is nothing on their home page about U.S. clients. They have online chat available over several platforms 24/7 (yes, even on weekends). I posed several questions, which they generally answered within a few minutes. When I asked if they accepted U.S. residents as clients, they replied that they accept clients globally. I later wrote back that their listing on several sites says they do not accept U.S. clients; I asked if this is new that they accept U.S. traders, and they said no. (They also commented that they are not responsible for information from outside resources, as it does not depend on them.)

They have been in business since 2014, which is longer than some other brokers on the BabyPips list. However, when I first checked them out not long ago, their website said they were regulated by Vanuatu; now it is Mwali. This seems to be a very recent change, and I don’t know what to make of it. However, that they are 9 years old and have a 4-star rating on Forex Peace Army are positives.

After I set up my account, I clicked on the various links as if I were going to make a deposit. The only options that displayed were crypto. I asked about this, since their website refers to bank wire as an option. I asked if this might be because my identity had been verified yet, and they said yes. However, it is now several days after I have been verified, and still the only options I am offered for deposits are Binance Pay, Coinbase, and “Crypto”. I have not followed up with them on this yet, because I am not ready to make a deposit. I connected a demo account to Signal Start several days ago, and there has not been even one trade opened by the trader since then, so I don’t know yet how they will work with this particular signal.

Referring to your criteria, here are my comments so far:

1. Forex Chief accept clients globally. “We provide 150+ trading instruments: Forex (majors, minors, and exotics), Metals (gold and silver), Commodities (crude oil and gas, including WTI and Brent), Indices CFDs (10 leading stock Indices), Stock CFDs (stocks of the world’s most famous brands).” I also see these crypto pairs available to trade on MT5: BTCUSD, BCHUSD, LTCUSD, ETHUSD, and XRPUSD. They offer both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 platforms. I could not find “stocks of the world’s most famous brands” on MT5; I did not look on MT4.

2. Forex Chief is reasonably welcoming to U.S. clients. At least there is no language on their home page discouraging us from applying to open an account. The tone of their chat responses was matter-of-fact, which was fine with me.

3. It sounds like they have a legally established business, but I am not in a position to evaluate that. I don’t know whether Mwali prohibits them from offering services to U.S. residents. (Maybe that’s why they moved there!)

4. I don’t know how well capitalized they are, but they claim that they act as a liquidity provider for other forex brokers. Since they have been in business since 2014, I presume they are “in this business for the long haul.”

5. I have no personally experience trading with them yet, but they have a 4-star rating on Forex Peace Army and 4.4 on Trust Pilot.

From my research, they have met at least criteria 1 and 2, so I propose adding them to the list in Group 1. I expect you would want reports from BabyPips members about dealings with them before you would consider naming them a Trusted Broker.

The only glitch I have with them so far was with changing the main password for my account, which I wanted to do because they had sent the initial password to me in unsecure email. But no matter how many times I tried, my new password was not accepted. I carefully followed all the password rules, including that it had to have at least one special character. I asked them if there was a limit to the length of the password: No. I asked if there was a list of allowable passwords: No. A few days later I noticed that the initial password they had sent me had no special characters. So, despite their instructions, I tried a new password that did not have a special character, and it was accepted. (I let them know about this through their ticket system, and they thanked me for bringing it to my attention. And, unlike some other brokers, they did not send a copy of our exchange to me via unsecure email!)

2 Likes

caffelatte: Regarding your latest post, your recommendation (that we add Forex Chief to our List) was the most detailed recommendation we have ever received. You went above and beyond the minimum required, and you are to be complimented. Kudos, and thanks!

I doubt that anyone here will object to adding Forex Chief to our List. But, I will wait a couple of days to read any comments that might be forthcoming. Assuming there are no serious objections, I will make the addition NLT Tuesday.

Thanks again.

For future reference, a new broker qualifies for our List if the first two (of five) criteria are met. The remaining criteria are generally examined over the subsequent weeks and months, to determine whether that broker should be retained and, if so, whether that broker qualifies for the Trusted Broker designation. With your research and your post, you have begun that review process for us, and we thank you.

Guys: We have a recommendation for a new broker. Let me know what you think of it.

Just got the word that Prosperity4x is merging with Envifx

Your Prosperity4x Account Access: A World of Enhancements Awaits!

Dear Esteemed Customer,

We trust this message finds you in great health and high spirits. We fully acknowledge the recent frustrations you’ve experienced due to the temporary lockout of your Prosperity4x account, and for that, we offer our heartfelt apologies. Please know that we have been diligently toiling behind the scenes to catapult your trading experience to new heights.

Today, we are thrilled to unveil an extraordinary partnership that has been in the works for several months – a collaboration that promises to redefine your trading journey. Prosperity4x is joining forces with EnviFX in a groundbreaking alliance that is set to elevate your overall customer experience to unprecedented levels.

1 Like

-Perhaps clarification can be provided regarding what criteria or additional data you require for a suggested broker-candidate to be eligible for consideration?

1 Like