Going offshore to escape the CFTC

-If I recall correctly, when Coinexx acquired/merged with (was it FINPRO?), similar promises were made about how the merge was going to benefit traders in so many ways, but nothing positive ever came from it. I am getting old, though, so maybe I just forgot.

1 Like

No additional criteria or data are required. More than enough has been said HERE about criteria. And caffelatte"s exhaustive POST suggesting Forex Chief offered more data than we have ever asked for, or expected, in an initial recommendation.

In my POST above, I said that we have a broker recommendation, and I asked what you think. Maybe my question wasn’t clear. Let me try again:

Based on what caffelatte has presented, what do the current participants in this thread suggest? Possible answers to that question might be: (1) Add Forex Chief to our List, (2) Don’t add Forex Chief to our List, (3) I don’t care one way or the other, or (4) I still don’t understand the question.

There was a time when there always were several members who weighed in on every decision we made regarding additions to (or deletions from) our List. And we prided ourselves on the fact that we did things by consensus.

Maybe that time has passed. Maybe interest in this thread has died.

Before we pass judgement on Forex Chief, maybe there is a more important question we should answer: Should we just close this thread, and move on?

Yes.

There’s huge selection bias in the context of this question, @Clint , because you’re asking mostly (not entirely!) enthusiastic participants in the thread and are therefore extremely unlikely to hear from anyone who might be feeling that they were previously damaged by “advice” or “recommendations” in this thread.

I don’t doubt that the thread was useful and helpful to some people, too.

I don’t doubt that you yourself are one of the most helpful, useful, productive and beneficial members the forum has ever had.

But I still think you should close the thread and move on.

Maybe toward encouraging people to trade futures.

Especially people in America, given your regulators.

History is not on the side of this thread.

Eventually it will be almost impossibly difficult for people in the USA to trade spot forex or CFD’s.

That was perhaps avoidable, 20 years ago, but it isn’t, now.

Sorry if I’ve touched a raw nerve with anyone.

Feel free - as ever - to shoot me down in flames just because you don’t agree with my opinion. You won’t, by doing so, change the reality that it’s my opinion. Sorry if that offends anyone.

1 Like

No, let the thread die out on its own.

In 15 years time, this thread served its purpose, but with the advent of social media, it is much easier to find out about offshore brokers, offshore brokers are popular with Americans now more than ever before.

1 Like

I will certainly be disappointed if this thread closes or dies. I have followed it for several years, although about a week ago is the first time I posted. I relied on this thread and reviews at Forex Peace Army to learn about and choose previous brokers. I especially appreciated that you all maintained a list of Trusted Brokers. Not sure I would find that on social media, but I don’t know, because I don’t participate in it.

After a break, I am getting back into copy trading spot forex. These last comments make me wonder if this is going to work out or I should be doing something else.

that really makes me want to spring to the defence of Clint and other participants here and mention that this thread is FAR more reliable, and a FAR better and more trustworthy source of information, than anything you can ever read at Forex Peace Army, which is all just ridiculous nonsense by comparison

but it will obviously surprise nobody here that i agree for the most part with Pipsteroid

i think whether you close the thread or let it continue depends basically on which you care about more: freedom of speech or protecting inexperienced people yet-to-trade or almost yet-to-trade (either is a perfectly defensible position, of course)

for many years, i have had nothing but respect for Clint (and some others here), but that doesn’t change the reality that i personally know people who have opened accounts at brokers “recommended” here, because they were recommended here, and been defrauded by them - i don’t “blame” any of you for that, it was the victims’ responsibility, i know (and they know) … but for myself, i wouldn’t be sorry to see the thread closed

1 Like

It would’ve been useful for you to ask them to post evidence of this fraud here, otherwise we have an offshore broker hater telling us about a fraud we do not know exists.

3 Likes

Somehow I seriously doubt this ever happen.

1 Like

-Your question was clear. I was simply asking, if, in order for a broker recommendation to be considered for consensus vote (and recognized by you, the admin), should we be providing additional data, such as what caffelatte provided for Forex Chief.

Multiple suggestions have been made recently, by both, myself and SmallPaul, but those suggestions did not seem to garner any response by you. So, what are your expectations?

For example, if your expectations are that people should provide some details and do a little bit of legwork prior to making a suggestion, then that is understandable and reasonable, but it would be helpful for us to know that in lieu of feeling like we are being ignored. Wouldn’t you agree?

1 Like

i agree

i did but (understandably, surely?) they didn’t want to

yes; you do

as i said myself, a few posts earlier: “perfectly understandable, too: why should anyone prefer the word of a random stranger in a forum over their own experiences and that of others they know?! this is exactly why only legal change can protect people”

i can’t help that, sorry

it’s interesting … i always openly express my respect for this thread and its compilers, and i know and acknowledge freely that you’re all 100% well-intentioned, but i can rarely post in it, myself, without being called a liar by someone :sweat_smile:

that’s probably why you get only one-sided views expressed here, for the most part

1 Like

3. I have no issues with adding Forex Chief to our List.

1 Like

In this thread, we are also posting details about our experiences with these brokers. If we had an issue with a broker, we would post it here, but you are telling us about some one else fraud, we’d like to hear the details about it.

I did hesitate before posting here.

That’s very much the between-the-lines message of the thread, though.

“This is our collective opinion and if you disagree with us, we’ll ridicule and insult you, and if you say something we really can’t dispute or refute any other way, then we’ll just call you a liar”.

Apparently that’s what passes for a free and honest exchange of views, in some quarters.

Possibly because you and Pipsteroid pretty much came out of nowhere into this thread to stir things up. Its quite obvious. You never followed Clint nor this thread. Both of you seem have an agenda.

3 Likes

Would you?

That’s not what comes across, at all, to “interlopers” in the thread.

The hostility and rudeness are what come across.

dude came in here telling us about some one else fraud with no details. he have the opportunity to post the details but didn’t no matter what or how it comes across, that’s what this thread is about

3 Likes

-Ditto. And I would say the same thing for any broker that accepts US citizens, has reasonable conditions and does not throw any red flags. They are all potentially good until proven otherwise. List them here, let information pour in, make a decision. We cannot afford to complicate things during these ‘dire’ times, I think.

As mentioned before, having a list of potential brokers as well as a trusted list is good idea, I think. That way, traders can test out potential brokers, gather data and share their experiences here. Once enough data has been collected, then we can consider them for the trusted list. Since most traders usually already have their established brokerages that they work with, it can take time to form a consensus without new members chiming in. But that should not stop us from trying.

For me, personally, it is difficult to vote on moving a broker straight to the trusted list without having first-hand experience with them… unless, a long-standing member here can vouch for them and/or there is a lot of credible information available to make a reasonable discernment.

In doing so, however, I obviously understand that any choice made by me to engage with any suggested broker will be solely my responsibility, and that if any negative outcome were to ever occur with said broker, then that loss would be mine to own, and no one else’s. I believe that this should hold true for any trader that makes use of this thread for determining which broker(s) to work with.

2 Likes

-Yes, and unfortunately, making egregious claims to seemingly try to undermine the benefit that this thread has undoubtedly provided over the years to countless traders, without having a willingness to share that information here (even in such a way that is anonymous), does not benefit this thread at all, and only creates more suspicion regarding the intentions (and presence) of certain members here.

Moreover, as mentioned above, every trader should take responsibility for their own actions. Everyone here understands that. Nothing shared here is guaranteed. We own the outcome of our decisions and hold no one else accountable.

1 Like

Instead of coming in here and telling us how they were fraudulently cheated by one of our offshore brokers, they chose to indoctrinate us on the dangers of dealing with offshore brokers instead.

3 Likes

Finpro merged with Coinexx and then opened up shop a few years later, received deposits from customers, and then disappeared with the funds and nowhere to be found. Turnkeyforex merged with Coinexx without notice and stopped paying withdrawals and disappeared as well, what’s the common denominator?

3 Likes