Going offshore to escape the CFTC

What is that supposed to mean??

As I posted, I am always cautious of people who claim to be pro offshore brokers at first, only to reveal their true colors later on. I also like to warn others.

Off-shore brokers arenā€™t all the same. As mentioned I really hope Coinexx doesnā€™t disappoint.

Knocking on wood.

1 Like

What is your experience so far with Coinexx?

-I have spoken to several brokers today. Some of them have told me that they have no plans on abandoning metatrader, despite what we are currently seeing with so many other brokerages right now. Obviously, difficult to trust what any broker says, especially when itā€™s coming from some hired support rep that reads off of a script most of the time.

It would be interesting to investigate this more to see if there are any correlations between the brokerages that are dropping meta, and those that arenā€™t. If the cause really has something to do with these newly-imposed restrictions by meta, then I suppose the brokers that manage to continue offering MT4/5 could score some major credibility points, given the nature of the requirements that are outlined in that article.

On the other hand, though, I do suspect that one particular broker may be piggy-backing some how, but I do not know enough about metatrader or how their licensing and servers work to be able to discern anything definitive. If that is the case, then they could fly under the radar.

1 Like

You guys talking about Coinexx a lot, iā€™ve register and check it out, the first thing i check when i looked at broker would be their swap, and they have a huge swap if i have to compare it with FXChoice, Gold at FXChoice for long short -4 +1, however at Coinexx gold long short -14 -8. The broker doesnā€™t looked good in my opinion, both minus for long short is a red flag for me. But at this point we are running out of Group 1 broker. Darn FXChoice just have to shut down, gonna miss them

How do you say that? Iā€™ve traded myself, and honestly I love how accessible it is. execution is good, EAs can be created with simple logics. Mobile I understand is very basic, they havenā€™t updated that, but desktop is good.

-Itā€™s extremely basic and limiting; not intuitive at all. It feels like open source software that has been abandoned. Honestly, just talking about it makes me feel worse.

In my humble opinion. ACT Trader is here to stay and you will see more and more brokers offering it.

In 2018, here on the same thread I Said that brokers that accept bitcoins as a mode of payment as opposed to credit card are here to stay and today that seems like a normal thing. (Remind you, if I would, back then I had a lot of backlash but then even a dedicated thread for offshore brokers who moved to bitcoin as a mode of payment started on babypips)

Iā€™m moving my EAā€™s to ACT and that platform is nothin but amazing. Itā€™s solid, has been around for as long as Metaquotes has been and itā€™s now starting to dominate the market once again. Just like how it was hugely popular back in 2005 - 2012

Iā€™ll let time be the judge but Iā€™m putting my bets on ACT Trader as the platform of choice for the next wave of platforms in Forex.

-Thatā€™s unfortunate to hear.

My prediction is that metatrader will continue to dominate. If ACT gains traction, it will only be because traders have no choice. I would not be surprised if the brokers that scurried like roaches end up looking for other solutions and/or ways to get back into the fold.

Perhaps there are more friendly jurisdictions that can be considered, where satisfying all of the requirements set forth by meta can be more-easily accomplished.

I just get the feeling that the brokers that dropped meta without notice, are literally scrambling to stay above water. Every trader that I know, that was using one of these brokers, has since jumped ship to a broker that offers metatrader.

2 Likes

Everyone has right to opinion ! ,

Imagine why Metaquotes is willing to let go their business with these offshore brokers. At one point they had over 3500 brokers. As per a recent article that I read its market share is now less than 69%.

Fact of the matter is that Metatrader is a Russian shop. Period. When sanctions are not working as well as they should, start hitting larger businesses of Russian origin. I have my emotions around it but its my personal business.

Here is an article that indirectly refers to the same facts : Apple Pulls Down MT4 and MT5 Trading Apps from App Store

Metaquotes has its monopoly around EA and thats the only thing that is giving it the dominance in the market, their technology isnt as good as it might sound on the face of it. If that isnt the case,

Explain this : why did they move to MT5 and stoped support MT4. Have you even seen Android or apple not being compatible with the older version of their software ? Imaging if Microsoft told you that you can not use an old word document on Windows 2024 because your original word document was written in an older windows version :rofl:

The simple answer is Obsolete technology build on something that could not be fixed.

I can go on with many more inputs but its not in the scope of this thread.

Bottom line, I feel ACT Trader is cool and its good to see such a serious player coming back to retail business. They have been the backbone for many multibillion dollar institutional businesses and I have no doubt that they will see the same traction in retail space. I will let the time be the judge :pray:

1 Like

I second that, I cannot rely on meta now, cannot wait till they go and shut down every broker. A lot has happened with them, and I cannot risk it. If I need to learn and expert any platform now, rather it be Act than someone who creates a platform tomorrow seeing the opportunity.

Iā€™m surprised Multicharts doesnā€™t gain more market share among brokers.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s tons of platforms on the futures side, heres a partial list. 50+ Best Trading Platform | AMP Futures

Thereā€™s also a lot of proprietary ones like TOS (Think or Swim) owned by Ameritrade since 2009

2 Likes

But are they available for Forex. Also the main features like EAā€™s or signals on it ?

Obviously trading platforms have a lot of similarities however Forex platforms are distinctly different from future trading ones in a lot of respects.

I havenā€™t found any decent tutorials (video or text) that show how to move EAā€™s over. Have you found any? I have EAā€™s with webhooks and not willing to go to Act unless I can move them over but no idea how. thanks

1 Like

On another related note. I found a link to webtrader for Hanko Trade. Here is the link for everyones benefit. Try if you are able to log into it with your trading credentials

https://trade.hankotrade.com/

2 Likes

The point made was in the absence of a dominate platform, you get a cornucopia of platforms that mostly are just ā€œmehā€. Some are better suited for a certain style of trading, etc.

So if the Metatrader loses its dominance, what you get is the same. A bunch of average platforms.

2 Likes

Here is a portion of an FXOpen article on the current status of MetaQuotesā€™ MT4 and MT5 platforms.

(excerpt)

MetaTrader Banned from the Apple App Store: Are There Solutions?

This article will run you through what the ā€˜MetaTrader banned from the Apple App Storeā€™ announcement is about, how it affects MT4 and MT5 trading, and the possible alternatives. Letā€™s dive in.

What Is the MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 Ban All About?

On September 23, 2022, users found MT4 banned and MT5 banned from the Apple App store. The company simply stated that these MetaQuotes instruments didnā€™t comply with the App Storeā€™s review guidelines. Though, there hasnā€™t been any formal explanation from the company.

The MetaTrader ban has surprised traders, especially considering how convenient these platforms are for online Forex trading. As suggested by Finance Magnateā€™s Quarterly Intelligence Report of Q2 of 2022, MT4 and MT5 together covered 83% of the market share of overall online trade transactions.

How Did the Ban Affect Traders?

Although it initially seemed a significant problem, traders who have MetaTrader installed on their devices can continue using the app with the only limit ā€” they canā€™t get any updates or new features.

Moreover, the desktop versions of MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 can be used without issues. Meanwhile, Android users can continue to utilise the platforms since they are still available on the Google Play Store.

Although it was said that brokers and traders would feel the impact of the ban in the long run if other app stores also jumped onto the banning bandwagon, itā€™s only an assumption and hasnā€™t happened yet. Moreover, Apple didnā€™t claim the ban canā€™t be removed. MetaQuotes, a developer of MT4 and MT5 platforms, may find a way to resolve issues with Apple and consider additional mechanisms to avoid similar issues with other platforms in the future.

(NOTE: I have omitted, from this excerpt, a pitch for the TickTrader platform, which appears at this point in the original FXOpen article.)

(continuing the excerpt)

Final Thoughts

Although the MetaTrader4 and MetaTrader5 ban shocked the market, it didnā€™t create an unresolved problem. Traders can still trade on MT4 and MT5 desktop terminals or utilise the mobile application if they are an Android user. Moreover, they may leverage potential alternatives to give an edge to their Forex trading journeys.

You can open a live account at FXOpen to try MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, and TickTrader platforms.

(end of excerpt)

(NOTE: the broker FXOpen does not host U.S. clients.)

Here is a link to the original article: MetaTrader Banned from the Apple App Store: Are There Solutions? | Market Pulse.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not even worth it to put in a smart way, it just is crap. pointlessly antiquated, convoluted.

Itā€™s trying too hard and still stuck in the past at the same time.

Trading should be simple and ACT product is not that and everything about it is unnecessary.

The mobile version is going to be Hankoā€™s undoing. If they donā€™t change this I really feel they wonā€™t be around in the next year or two.

After trying it for the first time today my profits where so abysmal due to the inefficient UI. The constant disconnect when you back out of the app. The killer is trades are left showing on the screen and you donā€™t know if they are actually closed unless you exit out of the app completely. Putting on trades can get just as sketchy when you wake the app if youā€™ve backed out to look at something else like your browser. You canā€™t be certain if it actually goes through in this scenario or if youā€™re placing a duplicate trade.

The hack is to close the app completely and re-log yourself in if it hasnā€™t logged you outā€¦which it does like mad if youā€™ve put it in background for too long.

I lost so much profit today not being able to situate myself as the market kept getting away (Iā€™m a day trader) . I was dicking around too much with the constant disconnects and trades not being placed.

Mt4ā€™s mobile app was just easy and clean. Trading is supposed to be simple. The latest version is nice with a few new features.

Just an outrageously horrible product especially for the mobile version.

The products are garbage. If youā€™re a buy and holder then yeah maybe this is the trading platform for you, but you have other problems in that case.

Iā€™ll be leaving Hanko soon.

Note: any Hanko customers need to make absolute sure that the balance on the web portal is reflected correctly. I noticed mine was by a good amount, but just enough to miss. I had no open trades at the time either.

I think theyā€™re trying to negate the trader capital run thatā€™s hitting them.

1 Like