Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I. REST API is a huge plus. Can download OHLC data and process in R or Python. couldn’t care less about a GUI. Good to know for future possibility. Thank you.

II. There are three distinct issues concerning Metaquotes. 1. Apple store ban 2. MT4 EOL 3. New licencing requirements for brokers

III. Hankotrade doesn’t accept US clients according to their webpage

1 Like

-It seems that this is not related to what we are currently seeing. Meta has since been relisted on the apple store. When we originally heard about this, I think that a lot of people suspected that it was some kind of boycott, due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, but according to the article, that does not seem to be the case. Probably, we cannot know for sure what the real reasoning was.

2 Likes

-I find myself scratching my head as I read comments from people here that seem to be praising this platform all of a sudden. The timing of the comments makes it all much worse.

2 Likes

-Perhaps. But most traders are not going to be willing or even able to utilize such tools. We really should not have to, if I am being honest about it.

1 Like

Bingo, something seems off

1 Like

Meta doesn’t have the power to shut down any broker and why would you want that?

1 Like

Right, most platforms are tailored to real time traders. GUI is most important generally.
The REST API is an unusual and noteworthy feature that will be extremely useful to a select few traders. I don’t know how well it works on this platform, just glad it was pointed out. It is useful to know.

2 Likes

That’s just a disclaimer.
Don’t ruin it for people, but yes they do.

2 Likes

They tick all the boxes and nothing more. Timely deposit/withdrawals, no sketchy issues with trading. I can tell they have a larger customer base as far as offshore brokers.

To the guy complaining about swaps, I’ve never noticed it to be a problem. I don’t hold many trades and I don’t pinch the fees. Swap fees haven’t been a problem for me for a long time now.

1 Like

If you care about crypto, it’s time to prove it

52 million Americans already own crypto. And yet, crypto’s future in America remains uncertain. Congress is writing the rules as we speak – but they won’t vote YES until they’ve heard from you

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted on here since going the Prop firm & Futures trading route… I see the fear of future dominoes falling with offshore brokers has started to become reality.

We know how the US gov rolls, no jurisdiction to shut you down?.. put pressure on your most important vendors & payment processors to shut you down.

The reality is that there was a lot of fraud going on with influencer tied offshore brokers. Offshore brokers were providing marketing accounts with fake account balances, withdrawals & trade histories, allowing back office manipulation of trading history, as well as paying influencers kickbacks if referred clients blew their accounts.

The most difficult new metaquote requirements for brokers (especially white label brokers) is showing offshore corp bank account & proof of legit non mail box address. On top of that… would you want your full identification & face recorded by video on file when you’re backdoor accepting US business?

My current broker list…

Trader’s Way… banned new US accounts years ago
FXChoice… banned new US accounts years ago, and now no crypto transfers by the end of December means they are basically DOA.
LQDFX… still looking good
Coinexx… Same owner’s were part of Finpro & turnkey rug pull exit scams, so I don’t 100% trust them
Eagle FX… recently banned new US accounts.

^^^^ It’s not looking good

Unfortunately, every time we file taxes & report our offshore financial accounts held to IRS/Fincen, we are basically outing the best offshore brokers accepting US citizens to the Gov.

5 Likes

Could you (@MrInvisible) or someone else please briefly tell me how “prop firms” and forex futures work? Although I have done my own forex trading, I found that copying someone else’s trading works better for me. I used the MQL copy trading platform a little, but decided I like Signal Start better.

So my main question is whether it is possible to do copy trading with either prop firms or forex futures.

(As stated in other posts, I am a U.S. resident.)

FOREXCHIEF DEPOSIT/WITHDRAWAL RESTRICTIONS

@Clint, thanks for updating information about ForexChief on the list.

However, I would like to point out that the information on the web page you referenced on deposits and withdrawals (www.forexchiefDOTcom/de/services/deposit-withdrawal/) is misleading for U.S. residents, because it indicates with deposits and withdrawals in USD and other fiat currencies are available. In fact, U.S. residents may make deposits and withdrawals only in crypto. It would be worth mentioning that, alongside the link.

I found that the process for depositing in Bitcoin is not at all clear, but Support (reached via Telegram) told me how to do it. What was confusing was that the Deposit Funds page offered me only 3 options: Coinbase, Binance Pay, and Crypto. Since I do not have an account with either Coinbase or Binance, I chose Crypto. However, choosing Crypto offered a limit list of cryptocurrencies which did not include BTC.

It turned out that I needed to chose Coinbase as the Transfer Method and fill in below for Amount the approximate value in USD of the Bitcoin I was going to send. After confirming this information on the second page, I arrived at a third page, where I needed to choose a Payment Method. One was Coinbase, which I did not choose. Under the Coinbase button were listed several cryptocurrencies, one of which was Bitcoin. I clicked on the Bitcoin button and then saw the Send payment page, which provided the Bitcoin address to which I could send my payment.

There was a place to give an email address if I wanted to receive an email receipt for the deposit. That email receipt came from Coinbase Commerce. Evidently, my choosing Coinbase as the Transfer Method meant that ForexChoice was receiving and processing the deposit through Coinbase, not that I was sending it through Coinbase. The email receipt showed the amount in USD credited to my account and the exchange rate. The confirmation available on the website shows the amount in USD but not the exchange rate (which, of course, can be calculated easily). In my limited experience, the quoted exchange rate was in line with rates around the time of the deposit (I did not check it by the minute). They say they do not charge a conversion fee either for deposits or withdrawals. (In contrast, FX Choice did not charge a fee when converting a BTC deposit to USD, but they charged 1.5% to convert in the other direction.) I did not check the clock, but I estimate they processed deposits about an hour after I sent them.

I didn’t mean shut down broker, I meant discontinue their services to different brokers.

Good to mention this every so often. There are definitely nefarious actors. We as traders must be responsible for our own money and the risk we take.

Traders also have to guard against identity theft, which is trickier. Since the gov has blocked access to top tier brokers (some with insurance for deposit and effective regulation), US citizen options continue to dwindle.
So, which brokers can be trusted with any personal information? After past events, I wouldn’t trust some, even one on the “trusted” list.

Pictures of people holding their passports fetch a price on the dark web. There is some risk.

I would absolutely never share SSN!

Unfortunately, the further US trader options are limited, the more bad actors will find easier prey.

One hedge has been using entirely anonymous accounts with insane leverage and never depositing more than can walk away from. Want my ID? Too bad. Have a nice day, buh-bye.

Anyway, be safe out there traders. Hold on to your wallet. Trust no one.

…Done…

how’s the first day going with the updated platform?

ACT Trader rocks and its amazing.

Like I’ve said before, its much better than MT4 or MT5 in many respects. I will share more detailed reasons why it is much better, once I have finished my morning coffee :slight_smile:

Okay so here is what I read on the Home Page of Finance Magnates today, Dec 11th 2023.

The world is waking up to ACT Trader and as per Finance Magnates

Entering the fintech arena more than two decades ago, ActTrader is renowned for its long-standing reputation in the Forex trading industry. Its advanced features and versatility had made it an institutional-grade solution suitable for hedge funds and high-frequency trading companies.

In recent years, the trading platform has been making waves within the retail trading community thanks to its superior technology, high degree of customisation and the new user interfaces that it launched. A proprietary solution of Finvasia Group, ActTrader emerges as the next-generation trading infrastructure that brokers and traders have been looking for.

Over the last 7 years of me being on this thread I have predicted multiple things which included a lot of brokers that made to the “Trusted Broker” list, identifying Bitcoins and Cryptos as the next major payment method for Offshore brokers and now ACT Trader as the next big platform for both offshore and onshore brokers.

Im not a psychic but I’ve spent over two decades in the market and I sense (to some extent) when a change is coming.

I know some of the members of this thread have issues with the timing of my comments, but unfortunately baby pips is not my full-time job and I only contribute when I see there is something major that is worth sharing.

On a lighter note : I’m having a great time trading on ACT trader because I made some money trading on it over last 24 hours. Are you going to join now, or wait for the inevitable :slight_smile:

I saw the new update. Man, looks good. I am going to move into it now, I studied it the whole weekend. there was some issue with I don’t know my internet or it was them, not sure when you first shared the link, but Sunday was a fun day exploring through.

Interesting read, I was not expecting to be honest.