Going offshore to escape the CFTC

When you sign up with brokers to secure a spot, do you typically complete the KYC requirements during that time? I suppose that it would be better, but I wonder if it is necessary. I should probably start doing this as it seems many brokers allow traders to be grandfathered in, although not all of them seem to allow for that.

1 Like

Some wasn’t necessary at the time I sign up because they where a few years ago. But I suggest you do KYC requirements

BTW, I have done all my KYC accept for the brokers in a certain group but they will ask you to show photo if you Withdraw a large amount

1 Like

As a result of Osprey’s email the other day, I finally had a chance to check out Tradelocker. I still prefer MetaTrader, which I still use, but if I’m forced I would go with a broker who offers Tradelocker

Hey there James,

We know that trading doesn’t always come with heavy bets. This is why our trading platform TradeLocker comes with Micro Lot Trading**!**

\ 502xauto

Check all instruments you can trade on TradeLocker: click here.

All of this is available within a web-based platform or a native mobile app for trading anytime, anywhere.

2 Likes

The other day I login to my back office and today I get this message

Your access has been suspended
mauricelucas@com
••••••••••••••

EDIT; They don’t have a live chat, I’m done with them.

1 Like

I was on there 10mins ago, I didn’t toyed around to much, I had to confirm my trades, but there my be an option for 1 click trading

1 Like

Tradelocker isn’t for me after playing with it a bit.

1 Like

-Just glancing, it seems that one-click-trading is possible. I also see that they allow you to automatically place TP/SL with each order, which is good. Looks like it is powered by TradingView, which many are already accustomed to. Seems like a better option than ACT on the surface; have not actually played with it yet.

2 Likes

-Sorry to see this. Is this a regulation thing or a scam thing?

1 Like

Logging in the other day and going back to log in yesterday, my account was suspended, I never traded with them, perhaps they no longer accept US traders and the system spotted that, who knows?

1 Like

It would be a better option than ACT, I’m just not feeling any of these new Platforms.

2 Likes

For traders who don’t hate the ACT trading platform…

Maybe it’s time to take another look at CapitalStreetFX (Mauritius and SVG).

My brief examination indicates that CSFX (as they are also known):

• accept U.S. residents (despite some cleverly-worded disclaimers - see the note below)
  • offer forex, commodities, indices, bonds, stocks, and crypto
  • offer 1000:1 leverage
  • utilize the ACT Trader platform
  • accept deposits via credit cards, crypto, and wire transfers

I have registered with CSFX. Registration is just Step 1, prior to uploading KYC documents, which I have not done. Registration involves name, address, passport number, etc. Filling in my address utilized a drop-down menu for country, which offered United States of America as a choice. So, CSFX is fully aware that I am a U.S. resident, and depending on their resources, they may be able to determine (from my passport number) that I carry a U.S. passsport. Anyway, I got a couple of very friendly emails welcoming me, and telling me exactly how to furnish KYC documents.

CSFX is specific about their locations — they have more than one — going so far as to display a map of their headquarters location in Port Louis, Mauritius. I expected to be registering with their Mauritius location, but I now suspect that U.S. residents are registered with their SVG entity. The fine print at the bottome of their website says, in part:

All services including (but not limited to) trading, payments, technology, liquidity, promotions, and any other service connected to the operation of trading account opened on this website are jointly provided by the below mentioned entities:

Capital Street Bancclear Corporation Suite 305 | Griffith Corporate Centre | Beachmont | Kingstown | Saint Vincent and the Grenadines | P.O. Box1510

Capital Street Intermarkets Limited
44 | St Gorges Street | Port Louis | Republic Of Mauritius

The emails I received from CSFX contained contact info, including a phone number in the 949 area code. That’s Orange County, California. I thought that was strange. I’m tempted to call the number out of curiosity.

Anyone else want to look into this broker?
Capital Street FX - CFD & Forex Trading | Online Trading | Trading

Note: Here is one of their cleverly-worded disclaimers regarding citizenship

Q: DO YOU HAVE ANY RESTRICTIONS ON WORKING WITH THE CITIZENS OF ANY COUNTRIES?

A: Our systems are restricted from doing business with countries and individuals that may be under any international and/or local sanctions or watchlists. You can register for an account and if the list of countries goes through your country, then everything should be fine.

Translation: Hey, give it a shot — if you get in, you’re in!

3 Likes

I have tried them before and like them to some extent. I recently had a chat with their support and asked if they support the latest version of ACT webtrader and mobile trader to which they answered

“Yes we are also upgrading”

If they upgrade to the new version, I will open a small account and test trade.

Also I found another broker that supports ACT and also onboards US clients

GCI however doesn’t have US as a country in their registration but when I reached out to their support they said “if you don’t find your country in the list, select the country nearest to your home country and reach out to support”

GCI Trading has been around for over 15 years and have been very stable all this period. If they onboard US clients, then they deserve “trusted tag” in my opinion. I will share more once they actually accept funds from me to be fully sure.

On a side note to all ACT haters (hope I will not invite troll) Try its “New” web version (or mobile). The one that’s on :: Hankotrade Web Application::

ACT’s new web and mobile is targeted for retail traders, it’s super fast and has options to customise your workspace in a very creative and advance way. If MQ surprises again, you might see it getting more and more popular.

Quit with the act pump.

It’s garbage.

1 Like

Positive and negative comments about trading platforms are both useful.
I don’t understand the opinion of not wanting to hear about them at all.
With our options limited and shrinking all the time, it is helpful to learn what is available with details.

3 Likes

Likewise, I second that sentiment.

Keeping with platforms, we are now limited to a few brokers that accept US Traders with Metatrader as their platform, so we have no choice but to adjust

2 Likes

-I will counter this offer and propose that we take another look at Number One Capital Markets. MT4 and MT5 offered. :grin:

1 Like

Anyone with EagleFX know if they are going the FXChoice/Trader’s Way route or the Tallinex route when it comes to their existing US traders?

you mean not accepting new US traders, but still allowing their current US traders to trade with them? Or follow the tallinex route where they took clients’ money and shut down their business?

that is what happened with Tallinex? It was so long ago I forgot what went down when they suddenly stopped accepting US clients.

yeah, they claim the U.S. Government froze their bank account