Going offshore to escape the CFTC

fyi FXChoice processed the withdrawal of all of my crypto quickly and without issue as usual.

2 Likes

That just demo, Also it wasn’t like that before they migrated away from MT4, it’s likely they’re still having issues.

OK Thank you

Closing in on 48 hours now…

Contrary to their 12-12hr time frame

2 Likes

I’m not getting that redirect. The Prosperity URL opens the Prosperity website in normal fashion.

It’s hard to keep up with the changes at ProsperityFX. We recently moved Prosperity from SVG to Marshall Islands on our List, in accordance with the fine print at the bottom of their website.

Now the fine print indicates that Prosperity is operated by Envi LLC, whose main place of business is in Cyprus; however, ProsperityFX is registered (i.e., domiciled) in SVG.

Bottom line: ProsperityFX will be moved back to SVG on our List.

Please keep the thread updated, Having read their reviews, it sounds like withdrawals are a problem.

1 Like

-Yes. This is what I have chosen to do, mostly because I still can. There may come a time when I cannot, and I will be forced to adapt.

-Yes. I would also ensure that whatever platform I develop can natively support MT4/MT5 indicators and EA’s etc. as-is. Maybe easier said than done, from a legal standpoint; I’m really not sure.

1 Like

This is a great idea for the platform and could greatly help them gain market share.

For individuals, it can be helpful to write the bulk of our code in an open source language like Python to avoid being at the whims of any company.
REST API is not the only way to do this. It is also possible to make calls to the OS from within MT4/MT5 and many others.
Depending how much coding any individual does, it can be a huge benefit.
The more we as traders can control, the better. Funny, the same indicator might return different values in different programming languages. The equation in TAlib might be slightly different than in MT5, etc. Maybe slight difference like rounding to different significant digits.
Also, hopping from broker to broker causes issues. I watched the same code, same strategy on FXChoice win at 80% and lose on other broker. I am ranting a bit here, because every change we are forced into causes potential issues, lost time invested, and money lost.
Main point is that we can code in an open source language and call it from anything. I see a lot of people going through grief over the MT4 issues. This architecture might help some. It has saved me a lot of time.

1 Like

-Ideally, yes. I do think that some languages would be more suitable than others, as interpreted languages like Python, that are executed at runtime, pose various draw-backs and limitations, most notably in terms of performance, speed and memory management, etc…

Certainly, it would be nice if all developers chose open-source and offered everything for free, allowing the community to improve and build on projects so that they can evolve organically and without limitations etc… That would be ideal, but that is not profitable for developers haha.

2 Likes

I’ve been lurking on forex trading groups on social media, I’ve noticed that traders who brokers no longer have MT4 as their platform are going through the motions. Many of them who were looking at other offshore brokers with MT4 do not accept US traders anymore.

MT4/5 moves certainly have shaken up the offshore broker industry.

1 Like

-Yes. And not surprising given that so few brokers exist for us US-based traders.

1 Like

Mr. Reliable has always been reliable, LQDFX second known, They would be perfect if they offer more than 50:1 on their exotic pairs, that’s what I trade and make most of my money.

They been strong since 2015.

2 Likes

Look like herofx has also drop MT4/5 and from what I’m reading on their website they will have tradingview as their Platform - HERO FX - FOREX, INDICES & CRYPTOS, any Opinions on TradingView?

1 Like

Their “team” finally processed the withdrawal. You’re looking at close to 48 hours and might have to nag them which is pathetic by itself.

They advertise that the migration is finished yet they kept referring to it when it came to the withdrawal.

They’re definitely experiencing a run on client funds so it’s up to you if you’re an existing customer.

2 Likes

-Trading view is great for charting, I think. I cannot speak about EA’s. I have never used it for actual trading. I wonder if the herofx offering will come with any sort of premium access, as the default (free) version of trading view is pretty limited these days.

1 Like

-To be fair to them, migration does take time, especially when you drop the ball like they did and make the decision without notice (or with 24 hours, which is nonsense).

Just keeping up with support tickets and rage warriors screaming about the move probably has them swamped. Then they have to deal with all of the traders that are asking questions about how to use ACT because it’s garbage and not intuitive at all.

I do not expect many of these brokers to survive unless they can figure out a way to make it back into the fold or offer more/better alternatives. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

2 Likes

lol, That’s exactly what I think, I have no love for ACT

2 Likes

I think we could add a few more brokers that have Metatrader as their platform to our list.

https://midasfx.com/

1 Like

Thanks. I had Athens Markets on my list already, but never formally engaged with them. MidasFX is new to me, so I’ll add it to my list. Do you happen to know whether or not these brokers accept us lepers?

1 Like

I have an account with both.

I edit this post

1 Like