Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I am not familiar with Signal Start, but I can say that with Futures, you usually have a lot more options. There are platforms with built-in trade copier feature. Quantower, for example, offers a built-in trade copier feature at no extra cost. Not sure if that is what you are asking about.

On Signal Start there are hundreds of signals one can choose to follow. A trader who wants to be a signal provider makes his account transactions available to be copied by people who subscribe to the signal. There is a page for each signal in a standard format listing previous trades and showing past performance, including a chart format and a bar graph showing monthly gain/loss. You can search for signals you might consider with parameters such as how long the signal has been in existence or the maximum drawdown.

For each account into which trades are copied you pay $25/month, plus a monthly fee, typically around $50 for each signal.

Is there anything like that available for trading forex futures (or whatever other kinds of futures those of you who trade them are referring to)?

I do not know, but I would assume that something is available like that on the futures side.

I’ve never seen a message like this before. Metaquotes trouble?

Thank you for expressing your interest in establishing an account with AAFXTRADING. We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve reached a significant milestone of 1 million live trading accounts, marking our full capacity at the moment. Our commitment is to provide exceptional service to each account, ensuring a top-notch trading experience.

As of now, we are temporarily not accepting new live accounts to maintain the high-quality service standards we uphold. If you are eager to join our trading community, please complete the form below. We will promptly notify you via email as soon as new slots become available.

2 Likes

It could simply be that the broker does not want nor need to grow beyond that. It would not seem unreasonable, either, considering the challenges that growth can create for a brokerage, not only in terms of costs, but also support, infrastructure reliability and stability etc…

I was just reading an article that stated back in 2021, Meta announced changes to their pricing for white labels and MT5 server products from a license-based model to subscription-based model. I think they were charging brokers 5K for 1000 accounts, but I do not know the specifics.

Here is the link to that article:

3 Likes

CBDC would not end well for individual rights. Everyone should oppose it. It wouldn’t have to be. Sure, there are lots of great theoretical uses, but the downsides are extremely dystopian.
Absolute government control over personal finances would be the result and that is awful regardless of anything else. When I first heard of CBDC, I immediately thought of all the useful things that could be done with it. I discussed it here. Glad everyone quickly pointed out the flaws. CBDC should be called slavecoin, because that is what it would make all of us.
Let’s hope it never happens.

4 Likes

It’s similar. I use AMP MT5. It is the same software, different strategy than I use for Forex. The strategy I am using also works for spot XAUUSD, but with different parameters. Its basically just buying dips on short term trends. I am in trades and out before close of day.
Instrument names change every quarter. That is annoying. There is a daily open at 9:30 that has heavy volume. I mainly trade S&P 500, which has great liquidity. Many other instruments are quite thin. Note that I am a part timer ie trading is my side job.
The instruments behave differently than Forex. You probably wouldn’t be able to do exactly the same thing you were doing on any Forex instrument. So, from that perspective, its entirely new. Also of note is that gold futures are not analogous to spot gold. The charts tend to be similar but definitely vary. So I would treat every future instrument as an entirely new instrument and start backtesting from scratch.
Other than that, its very similar. Same look to the charts and same MT5.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed reply, both on CBDC and Futures trading. A lot more information to go off of than I was expecting.

Unfortunately I also doubt the more controlling aspects of CBDC would be restricted/removed, so I have to agree that any potential positives to the concept wouldn’t balance out with the enormous risk to individual rights. Still, figured I would bring up that potential ray of sunshine while the thought was fresh after reading this thread.

Your mention of liquidity is an issue I hadn’t considered with futures… I’m a small fish for now, but I wonder how that would affect me later on if I don’t stick to the instruments with more liquidity. Both S&P 500 and Dow Jones have frequent gaps on 1m and 5m charts in TradingView’s charts with the CME/CBOT data providers. Is that something you see with AMP MT5 also, or is that just a data provider issue?

It sounds like our trading styles are similar - intraday trends, buying the dips. I’ll have to look at the S&P 500 more if I do switch to futures, see if it works for my techniques or if I would have to adapt considerably. How are transaction costs with the futures you trade? Do they impact you in any meaningful way with day trading? One of the biggest things pushing me away from the onshore brokers for forex is the spread in the crosses - up to 1/6th of a decent trend taken out in spread, sometimes more.

Has anyone done the account bonus on an ECN account with LQDFX? It looks like a good deal, make take a while to earn the full bonus depending on volume but once done, can be withdrawn.
Up to $20,000 across as many as three accounts.

I, too, would be interested in hearing others’ experience. I gave up participating in bonus programs after trying one when I first started trading with LMFX several years ago. It seemed to me that I would have to trade a huge volume in order to get to the point where I could withdraw the bonus, which was not likely to happen with my trading style. What I thought was dangerous was that the bonus, which I believe was 100% (if I recall correctly), doubled the amount I appeared to have in my account. This was apparently designed to encourage the trader to take greater risk, since the amount I could trade was based on the fake balance and the leverage of the account. I had to adjust the settings at Signal Start, since its copy trading platform bases the volume of each trade on the balance in the account as shown in MetaTrader, and MT4 showed the fake balance. If I printed statements for accounting purposes from MT4, the statements showed the fake balance. I decided it was too much risk and trouble and withdrew from the program.

The details of these programs are very complicated, and I did not read through all the documentation of the LQDFX bonus program, so I will be interested in anyone’s summary and/or experience with it.

It definitely looks to be catered towards a little higher volume as you accrue the bonus @ $5 per LOT (round trip, so basically commission amount?) so it could take a while. You would have to decide a timeframe you are comfortable with and adjust your amount accordingly. If you did the full $20,000 on one account, it could definitely take a while. I am not sure, but I believe you can withdraw the profit earned from the bonus, I would be interested in confirming what happens if you lose the bonus! One of their bonus programs says you can lose it in full, but that one was capped at $1000.
My thought process tends to make me think if they are basically giving you free commission on an ECN account, then they are making it up somewhere. And since the ECN+bonus account is a special account, what happens with the spreads on the backend?
If you do it, you would definitely be better off spreading over multiple accounts.
If you have only a couple or so trades a day, then it’s not a good setup. But if you make a lot of trades, or like me have an EA that trades quite a bit every day, then it could work if you keep it modest.
If you have a drawdown and a SL hit, I’m sure the loss comes out of your amount first, so losses could be 2X as much.

1 Like

Just received word from LQDFX back office, concerning US traders.

Negligible on S&P. Also, I don’t use anything smaller the M15.

Side note, I realize Futures discussion is an aside, but I think enough people are looking at all options and it is relevant. In a nutshell, its definitely not a drop-in replacement for Forex. Rather, its another set of instruments we can trade.

In other news, it looks like India has also been reatricting Metaquotes which may speed up adoption of alternate platforms. India is a big market.

2 Likes

Word on the street is that Sage FX is accepting and have been reputable. They are still on the No US list though. Any word or update from anyone? Thanks for keeping this list running by the way. I have been back here many times to check since the beginning. Respect.

My trust in Coinexx is now very low.

After the episodes I experienced in January, when they had severe slippage even for 0.01 lot trades (LP problems was the official explanation, although it seemed more like a slippage script), now they had the weekend rollout problem last week, which I described briefly here.

I asked them in chat to have a look into it because neither any of my brokers (IB, ICM, LQDFX, Traderway), nor my forex feed provider (IQFeed, which is coming from FXCM) showed that nail. Not even close.

So that you can judge for yourselves, this is what happened:

A ticket was opened and the first response from support (by email) was very disappointing. It seems to me that they didn’t even bother to analyze the problem and shoot the usual copy / paste response.

Moreover, the trade was closed around the opening hours when the spreads tend to widen as market volatility is high and less volume of trade occurs. Also, during the opening/closing hours, there is an increase in price movement from one tick to another, and we as a broker have no control over this general market phenomenon.

When there are significant price swings from one tick to the next, this is usual. It is a general market occurrence over which we have no control as brokers. However, you can rest assured that the trades were executed at the best timing and price, and that despite market fluctuations, Coinexx will always provide the finest and fastest trade execution overall.

I have now resubmitted the case, with detailed exhibits of the charts in all brokers and a table comparing the values.

I don’t bother about the loss. I bother about the uncertainty that this brings me to leave positions opened during the weekend in Coinexx (and even overnight ?)

I never experienced something like that in IB, LQDFX, ICM or IB.

In Coinnexx I already had two problems. One in January with that non sense slippage (which they acknowledged and compensated me with 2 months of free commissions) and now this.

I’m giving them a last opportunity to show me if they are a reputable company and not just a shady operation caught wrongdoing for the second time.

1 Like

Coinexx consistently gives me negative slippage, on every single entry and exit… Their true spread is like 1.2-1.8 pips on eurusd

You posted an IB link above, right?

Hi everyone, a quick update about this issue.

I was fully reimbursed for the loss I suffered and got a call from Coinexx explaining that this was a LP problem, which they looked into and assured me that won’t happen again. Let’s see how does it work from now on.

At least I’m happy that they acknowledged the problem and compensated me.

3 Likes

either way go slow with Coinexx as they’re not regulated.
rgds

1 Like

In this thread, everyone understands that the goal is to escape the awful CFTC regulations

2 Likes