Going offshore to escape the CFTC

They are 95% winning, we all must adjust or move on to regulated markets

1 Like

I didn’t see where Mark said he wanted to withdraw his $100 and that they wouldn’t let him. I’m assuming he left $100 there to keep the account open.

AMP futures offers MT5, among many other platforms. $100 minimum deposit. Bank transfers in-out. Smaller spreads. Indices move exactly the same etc…

4 Likes

You’re correct, the call was to put his mind at ease so that he would feel comfortable keeping his money in the account, you get it.

Almost everyone who can steadily trade profitably eventually makes this decision.

Some make it happily, enthusiastically and smoothly; others make it reluctantly, grudgingly and with resentment.

Realistically, when you appraise the facts objectively and independently (which, of course, many people never do), however you look at it, to continue trading CFD’s profitably, long-term, is not only ill-informed but just plain stupid - and anyone who can steadily trade profitably is really extremely unlikely to be stupid.

One thing you can rely on: almost nobody who switches from CFD’s to futures ever switches back.

3 Likes

Thank you, we all must decide what to do next, you’ve already decided, :+1:

1 Like

It’s no surprise that the pro-regulated and anti-offshore brokers flocking in to give their biased opinion on the matter

2 Likes

-I can only speak for myself. But for me, the decision was easy. It’s basically the same thing, but without all of the problems and hassles that we deal with on the FX side.

I was tired of being treated like a pariah, dealing with one problem after another, day after day, and the lingering uncertainty etc… It is clear what is happening. But just like with trading, rather than fight and try to impose my own will onto the market, I will readjust and adapt.

Of course, there will be some here and on FF that will claim that they were right all along, and maybe even take credit for the mass of traders migrating over to futures, but the truth is, we were forced into this.

Most of the ‘better-than-thou’, condescending remarks that we see are often coming from those that have no true understanding of what we actually face here in this country because they are not even from here.

2 Likes
  1. Not necessarily, but that’s my assumption.

But honestly…how many didn’t realize this was probably the setup for most offshore companies?

1. Yes. I haven’t ever had thousands in the account, and only used it to teach myself scalping. It’s at a loss, no reason for him to call me. It was a waste of his time.
1 Like

That is good to hear, but would you care to expand on how much is needed to get started without worrying about be margined called?

1 Like

Without knowing your account size and the position you want to trade, it’s hard to answer. You can find margin call levels on the broker’s website.

2 Likes

-Obviously, this is totally subjective and dependent on many factors. What I prefer may not be applicable to you. You can trade with 1k, probably less, especially if you do not hold trades overnight. Stick to micros, if you wish to keep things small.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

The LQDFX listing (post #1) has been edited.

2 Likes

I don’t know why everyone wanna use LQDFX… yeah they do payout but they charge so muchhh when you withdraw,I know there is gas fees but when ever you withdraw from them you would see a huge amount of your money gone and i only experience that with them and if you go to the transaction charges on the block chain you would see a complete different fee and when you deposit money you never receive the same amount you deposited, i have made 2k withdrawal from them yesterday so they still paying clients out

1 Like

LQDFX charges a 4.5% fee on withdrawals for some transactions.

Screenshot_20240208_051649_Proton_Mail

2 Likes

What?! Is that even legal?! What makes people want to use “brokers” like that?!

Just bizarre, I agree.

2 Likes

Maybe you should ask yourself that question

3 Likes

Lol, have the standards among unregulated offshore “brokers” really now sunk so low that just the fact that you can withdraw your own money back from one (less 4.5%!!!) is a reason for using it?! :grimacing: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

nevermind that…

would you help me find a regulated broker like schwab, jpmorgan, sachs that will demand my taxes when they blow it all up again?

1 Like