Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I just hope that belief doesn’t end up costing you a fortune, Dannny.

I hear you there.

US regulators sound appalling. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It’s investing we all know the risks here. What’s the alternative, settling for 50/1 as a us client and still facing these same manipulations? lol Im sure Tom Brady and everyone else invested at FTX felt their funds were safe no one is excluded from these risks :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

It won’t effect you till you start to show consistent gains outstripping the average trader. There definitely is a conflict of YOUR interest by utilizing any of these off-shores.

I’ve seen it over and over again played out. I’m pretty sure where exactly it’s coming from, but whether the “support” knows it or not is a question which really doesn’t matter. I recon that the higher ups at these shops definitely are aware if not a direct arm.

What I’m referring to DIRECTLY affects the trader in the immediate term. This is no rigging of rates or such tangible traces. I’m not referring to multi month or even weekly moves. I’m referring to the immediate. I’m not referring to normal “risks” of trading, there is outright manipulation and it’s being done with extreme ease once you recognize it. This is serious shitt.

There are cues to look for and when it happens it is exquisitely clear what is going on. This is done in the intra-session directly against the better individual traders.

1 Like

That can happen with regulated brokers and it does, check their history

1 Like

Yes…it does, but not to the extent I see with this and these brokers. That is an understatement.
Again, once you see it you’ll still be in disbelief. If you want to discuss this further and in delve deeper into the subject pm and I’ll get you my discord link. I know these f__kers lurk on these boards.

I’m not a editor so my ability to convey all that’s going on isn’t as easy as being on discord and discussing it via voice. I’m getting a headache just typing this.

If you’re a mediocre trader or just happy with a few pips more power. If you’re a buy and hold position trader and don’t care about what goes on in the day (you really should) more power. But if you’re an intraday trader and keep getting close then getting pulled back regardless of money management and psych exercises you do then you really need to know this and frankly shouldn’t be using these shops. If you’re really sharp and have a decent idea of the nuances of fx liquidity you should’ve caught on that’s something is going on.

1 Like

I got everything and my current lifestyle from offshore brokers, as I wasn’t successful before the margin change in the USA, so after the margin change in the USA, I had to rely on higher leverage and offshore brokers, and it turned out to be the best decision I have ever made. To each their own, I am happy. :+1:

6 Likes

Absolutely right. That’s putting it mildly.

(Many don’t want to hear it, though.)

1 Like

That’s great. Honestly if it’s true it is.

Have you shown the ability to reap sub ten percent in a week - steady without doing stupid. Can you double five figure account in several months?

That’s the trader I’m talking about.

As I stated above

Also If you see bad behavior from any broker, regulated or unregulated, please call it out, this is what this forum is also about, giving traders a heads up and maybe saving them from using said brokers. :v:

2 Likes

I want to make it clear that I’m not trying to start fire or blame the market boogeyman. I really want these shops to be legit and play fair. But if you stick out regardless of what account size etc. you are going to be a target. Things aren’t getting better with all that’s going on in the space either.

I didn’t have to hear it, I experience it, FXCM, Forex com, Oanda, FXDD, Tradersway

You’re talking 15+ years in this game, I’ve seen pretty much everything

There was a time when MB Trading, Hotspot, FxSolutions, CMC Markets, ODL securities, Interbankfx, FXDD, and many more existed, any one remember these brokers?

4 Likes

Lol I’m a new trader, but I could not imagine having to settle for 50:1 leverage with US brokers… that just seems so evil to me like the government doesn’t want you to make money.

I can only see a future for me in trading if I am able to take advantage of off shore brokers so I pray they stay available for at least a few more years!!! My fear is that this government will do all it can to enforce their regulations… I really wish traders could band together to petition for 500 leverage…

1 Like

I’m hoping for a strong 5 more years and I’m done with trading, off into the sunset

2 Likes

• ForexChief (now called xChief) — has been removed from our List.

• PlexyTrade — if you are a U.S. person, and have opened a new live account with PlexyTrade after May 4, please let us know. When it is confirmed that they are onboarding new U.S. clients, I will add PlexyTrade to our List.

1 Like

Opened an account and they were all too willing. Plexytrade is LQDfx rebranded, they can’t lie. They did this to escape the mt4 fiasco. Same process, even the deposit confirmo and crypto.

There’s a reason why an unregulated off-shore requires a KYC.

Not going to be funding the account. Done with forex going to futures.

It’s a matter of time till the MT4 issue catches up with them and they’ll be using ACT. Not sure if Dxtrade will touch them.

4 Likes

Definitely wise!! :wink:

Even wiser.

1 Like

I would love to hear if there is something like Signal Start available for copy trading of successful futures traders. So far, no one has posted about it, so it may not exist.

Sorry, no idea - not something I’d ever try, myself, mostly because of the “selection-bias problem”.

These sites are fraught with dangers, aren’t they?

(Collective2 might have futures traders you can follow, but that’s only a complete guess, sorry).

Things continue to get worse for prop firms

Exclusive: Match-Trader Terminates Prop Firm SurgeTrader’s License

• The Florida-based company states that the move was “unwarranted and harmful.”
  • However, Match-Trader claims that the prop firm “failed to meet the formal requirements.”

Since the chaos in the industry related to the suspension of licenses by MetaQuotes, the creator of MetaTrader 4 and 5, many companies have been migrating to the rival platform Match-Trader to maintain their operations and keep their clients.

Now, we’re seeing the first case of a license revocation on the platform that was supposed to be a safe haven for prop firms.

Exclusive: Match-Trader Terminates Prop Firm SurgeTrader’s License

1 Like

Look like Americans are being left out in the cold, are there any retail forex prop firms for U.S. Citizens?

Prop Trading Showdown: A Side-by-Side Look at FX/CFDs Brokers’ Offerings

Proprietary trading has become a hot topic in recent months, drawing attention from retail investors and sparking regulation controversies. After unlicensed companies failed to maintain traders’ trust, FX/CFD brokers started offering prop trading services, recognizing a new niche in the industry. As experts interviewed by Finance Magnates claim, the niche can be really rewarding in the near future. Prop trading is set to become the next revolution and the future for the CFD sector.

Four companies, including OANDA, Axi, IC Markets, and Hantec Markets, have decided to pursue this market so far. In this article, we compare their “challenges” and trading conditions.

1 Like