Going offshore to escape the CFTC

I’ve been with them about a year now. Everything is in working order again though and orders are being filled

1 Like

What type of trading do you do with them? Do you notice any funny business and do they offer “clean” trading?

How often does the lockups happen during high-impact news?..that can be detrimental.

T+3 is pretty standard for equities in non margin accounts (SEC changed to T+2 by the end of May).

For futures it’s first time I hear about T+3 because, by definition, futures accounts are margin account themselves. You shouldn’t need to have T+3 settlement.

Regarding AMP having Meta, it’s absolutely no problem for them to have it and serve US traders because they are offering futures in Meta and not forex/CFDs.
The fuss with Meta + US is when CFDs are being offered. Futures are not a problem.

2 Likes

My bad…It’s been that long. I forgot settlement is now T+1 for securities and futures transactions are immediate and as long as you are trading on margin you have access to the funds. Actually equities as well if they are traded in Margin.

Reg T is still T+3

Guys…I have a hunch that some of these off-shores aren’t just “brokers”…

I had to contact Plexytrade about something else, so I decided to check on the status of support for MT4 and MT5. I mentioned that someone here had noted (a little while back) that an email from Plexytrade said they would be introducing a new trading platform, and the forum member had wondered if the new platform would replace MT4 and MT5, or whether it would be offered in addition to the MetaQuotes platforms.

The reply was: “We will continue to support MT4 and MT5 platforms. Additionally, we are considering implementing an extra trading platform for our clients to utilize, although we do not have a specific timeline for this implementation as of yet.”

I realize that no broker can guarantee that they will be able to support MT4 and MT5 indefinitely, but I still found this encouraging.

-I suspect that people should want to understand the scope and implications of such “protections”, considering how things have historically played out.

2 Likes

-Perhaps, if a broker is utilizing their own servers, it may be possible. I really do not know.

Otherwise, it is my understanding that Meta can log and monitor IP’s, so any broker that is attempting to onboard US citizens will immediately be exposed.

1 Like

-Indices seem to be far more popular than currencies among futures traders, based on my limited observations.

3 Likes

I received a phone call from my account manager at plexy last week and the latest is that basically LQDFX along with most of their staff/operations are still running the business but now under plexy which actually according to him have full licensing of the meta platforms mt4/mt5 and therefore will continue to be available to their clients without interruptions. whether this will change or not will have to be seen but just fyi for everyone using plexy or considering them.

1 Like

Yeah im not convinced trading currency futures makes sense. Indicies and commodities (gold, CL, etc,) is where its at.

2 Likes

LQDFX has been removed from our List.