Gold in a Correction Bearish Mode – Next Level to Watch $1,300

The XAU/USD pair is trading in a correction mode after the significant rebound on the $1,357 resistance handle. However, the main tendency of the metal is an ascending move, which is holding since December of 2016. The gold plunged almost 3% since the previous week and is approaching once again the psychological level $1.300, which is near with the 50-day SMA.

Having a look on the daily timeframe, the technical indicators seem to confirm the recent bearish movement. The Relative Strength Index (RSI) fell below the mid-level after it hit the overbought zone in the prior sessions. Furthermore, the MACD oscillator is dropping near the zero line and is trading below the trigger line.

Definitely an ascending move alright. I don’t see $1300 as an important psychological level. More like $1200. Nice and even.

Well if global demand sticks and supply restricts. Well…you know the rest.

• Adam

I prefer horizontal support at previous price points, we have a very strong support zone between $1295 and 1300, it took a big green candle to break through that level back on Aug. 28th that is my line in the sand for support of this highly manipulated commodity