Good news thread

Decided to start a thread on news - but it has to be good news and yes it is out there.

Back in the very early days of the pandemic, it was in the news for China but yet not in Europe - my wife and I were sat in an outside heated area of a bar in downtown Dublin watching the world go by.

It was Jan so dark early but we felt safe with the burly doorman nearby who regularly checked incoming customer’s apparel as to whether satisfactory or not.

Then I noticed some young people way over on the other side of the wide street - they had high vis jackets on and were going from doorway to doorway - only then did i see that many of those doorways sheltered homeless people.

I asked the doorman about these boys and girls in the jackets -what is it they are doing?

‘Ah sure they are checking on the homeless’ was the answer.

Dublin teen runs team of volunteers who help homeless (rte.ie)

2 Likes

Love this, thanks for starting this peterma.

I really enjoyed this story:
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/mouse-deer-born-bristol-zoo-england/

2 Likes

I love this idea, guys! It’s just what many of us need these days!

Here in Northern Ireland there were riots mostly involving young people throwing petrol bombs at police - most the news sites in the UK and US suggested it was back to the bad news of the past.

But this time there is a difference - something new that didn’t exist in the bad days.

Parents, older people with memories took action - we will not allow fear and violence to rule our streets at night:

Keeping teen rioters away from Belfast interfaces - BBC News

1 Like

“Is that a mouse, dear?” asked the wife.

“No,” the husband answered, “it’s a mouse deer.”

Brilliant :slight_smile:

And now it’s the weekend and time to relax.

One of the best things that we humans can do is have a laugh and better still we can enjoy a joke on ourselves.

This wee girl sings on Dublin streets, mentored by her dad, in a few years she will be big news, right now she smiles.

THIS SONG WILL MAKE YOU CRY | Bee Gees - I Started a Joke | Allie Sherlock Cover - YouTube

A local/international good news item.

Reported today from Belfast telegraph -

World’s largest cargo plane taking huge oxygen generators from Belfast to India to help Covid crisis.

The report further -

A cargo plane delivering three oxygen generators to help India in their battle with Covid-19 left Northern Ireland on Friday morning.

These generators are each capable of generating 500 litres of oxygen per minute.

In addition 1000 ventilators were loaded by workers who toiled through last night - the plane has now landed in Delhi.

1 Like