Goodbye BP Community

I joined Babypips.com on 23rd December, 2017. After completing Pipsology School, I tried to participate in BP Forum.

Since then I have created 8 topics and 96 posts. Unfortunately, to my surpirse, most of my posts couldn’t get the attention of BP Community.

Perhaps, these posts were not useful / knowledgeable or these might be the type of garbage. So, I thought, I should not create any more topic or post on BP Forum.

I am really disappointed with the act of BP Community and have decided to leave the Forum immediately.

So Fellow Community … Goodbye from Sufshiken.

That’s a pity, you clearly have experience in finance, reality is that a learners are often focused on secret info or obscure type of knowledge that leads to riches, usually obtainable within a few months, after trading on demo for a couple of weeks of course.

You have created 8 topics in the last 6 months which is admirable, I have created one in the last 7 years which is …well… maybe I’ll go back to it tomorrow.

Your posts are not garbage, it’s that most here are just learning, it takes time, strange thing is that the more you give the more you will receive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Took a glance at your profile and topics…many had responses up to a few days ago…

What were you expecting to get that you didnt?

I wish you woud rethnk that decision @anon58863749.

I didn’t start recognising your name until recently and I did participate quite a lot in your “Intuition thread”. I also watched all of your Anton Kreil vids - although I had seen his stuff before and you were right - it is something which the “Newbies” should know. I don’t know why I didn’t post n that thread - and you are right it deserved more recognition than it got.

I think the point I am try ing to make, is that you seem by nature a quiet and modest person who posts thoughtfully. Perhaps that makes your input a little less noticeable than we have come to be used to.

The fact that I didn’t recognise your name until recently probably reflects that and the fact that although you have been here a lot, you only seem to post a few times a week.

Perhaps, looking at your little “CV” in your personal statement (Which I never did before) - I judged you as more of a “newbie” than I should - something you allude to in your “Intuition thread”.

I was wrong !

I am sorry if we have seemed to disregard your input an dthat seems to have upset you.

I would ask you quietly to please give us another chance.

You perhaps try to put a little more “opinion” in your posts ? That gives something to invite more of a response because some will agree and some will disagree - but they will express that !

I for one will respond more to your posts - and that may drag others in.

Nobody here meant to make you sad SS - of that I’m sure, and your knowledge and experience would in itself make a great starting poiny for a thread.

Anyway whichever way you choose

All the very best to you sir

Falstaff

[Edit - Hell you got 47 likes on 97 posts ! That’s pretty damn good - better ratio than mine ! :laughing: ]

1 Like

I´m sorry about your feelings. Maybe a altruistic behavior helping the newbies or joining a thread created by other users should be good for you. Your decision could be wrong this activity does of ourselves lonely people. If you don´t study any Index i invite you to study the Nikkei225 so you join to the thread i´ve created. If the Community don´t close to you, try to close to the Community. Never give up. Besides, like Falstaff remembers you, 47 likes in your pocket or in your heart. Ooops!

This is not entirely true! :slight_smile:

There seems to be quite a divide here on BP forum between passive and active members. Your readership levels actually seem quite impressive! :slight_smile:

I think how you react to the situation depends a lot on what you wish to gain from your forum activity. How much you are looking to:

• offer others useful information and thoughts that might help them
  • develop your own knowledge and expertise through writing about it
  • encourage active discussion in general

You may find that the lack of active participation may only be due to the fact that BP members tend to be leaning towards crypto-topics and focused only on so-called Price Action (indicators in general such as Ichimoku do not attract much attention here). Also, your topics may be slightly beyond the current stage of development for many Newbies which would raise a threshold for reciprocal active participation as opposed to purely ingestive.

I confess that I have not been a follower of your topics at all and my reason is purely because I do not trade cross-currencies nor any other pair than just EU. I also do not use the same charting elements that you employ in your progress thread so I cannot comment there either. But this does not mean that your posts are without value or that you are somehow not a valued contributor here - it just points to your topics being of interest to a selective audience - and your readership data suggests that it is indeed valued by them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @anon58863749, I am very sorry you feel that way. I don’t think you should consider your posts as not useful or garbage. Each and everyone of us has come here driven by the interesting nature of the trading world, seeking and offering guidance. Each thread or post in the Community can provide the help we need however the different reactions or lack of such show how diverse are the skills, knowledge and needs of each member. So don’t take this personally. If you managed to help with each post even one aspiring trader here, that should be completely enough and satisfying. Rest assured that you are a valuable member of the BP Community despite the fact you think otherwise.

1 Like