Great Sessions Indicator

Aloha Friends,

Just discovered a sessions indicator that’s been around for a while, but I’m so happy with it that I’ve got to toss it out to you. It’s the ForexSessions indicator, and you can download it from Free download of the ‘Forex market session indicator’ indicator by ‘OldZ1’ for MetaTrader 4 in the MQL5 Code Base. It’s the MT4 version, and I don’t know if they’ve got one for MT5 or if it will work on other platforms.

By far, it’s the simplest, most accurate and most unobtrusive sessions indicator I’ve found! It resides in an indicator window, not on your charts, so your charts remain clear. Simply enter your local GMT offset on the Local GMT input line, and the session lines adjust instantly instead of requiring you to do mind-bending calculations, as with others! There’s another input line for Broker GMT input. I asked Oanda what the GMT input is for their MT4 v20 chart that I use, and they responded that it was GMT+2, which is South Africa’s as they had told me a couple of years ago. (Don’t ask. This stuff warps my brain!) So I entered “2” on the Broker GMT offset line. The lines lined up with session times quite accurately, as far as I could tell. Also, each candle is represented by a bar in the indicator no matter what the time frame, so the indicator can even show you what period in the session you’re in.

However, as with all sessions indicators and sessions clocks and tables that I’ve tried, there seems to be universal inconsistencies; so when you think a session may be opening or closing, I’d recommend checking with the Oanda Forex Market Hours table Forex Market Trading Hours | World Forex Trading | OANDA, the Forex for Noobs table https://www.forex4noobs.com/forex-tools/forex-clock/s, or another clock that seems like it should be accurate, and give it your best shot. Also, an “Open & Closed Right Now” market map: Forex Market Hours map shows the current open closed holiday status and current time for Forex trading centres in the world- 12 hour format.

Happy trading,
Norm

1 Like

Looks interesting.

I’ll havet to give it a shot!

Thanks Norm!

KC