Great Trading Strategies

Two questions.

If the bar closes up, enter short or long?

Do you only trade in one direction?

Hello Babynords,

Thanks for the post.

Whether to go long or short is determined by the strategy (yes I trade both directions). If you are referring the most recent trade (the AU open trade), then the trade conditions are:

Time = 4pm CST
Price Action: 3:30pm CST bar must close up

Hopefully this answers your questions. Have a great evening!

Hello Babynords,

Thanks for the post.

Whether to go long or short is determined by the strategy (yes I trade both directions). If you are referring the most recent trade (the AU open trade), then the trade conditions are:

Time = 4pm CST
Price Action: 3:30pm CST bar must close up
If both of these conditions exist, short the pair.

Hopefully this answers your questions. Have a great evening!

Good morning all,

I forgot to mention yesterday that the US session was going to be close today due to the holiday (Good Friday). So, we’ll forego any trades today and pick back up again on Sunday. Have a great weekend!

Good morning friends,

Hopefully you all had a great, long weekend! :slight_smile: The conditions did not line up for the 7am trade this morning. In the short-term, my advice is to place a short limit order near the high for the year for a gain of a 20-40 pips.

I will update the board later for the GBP/USD trade. Good luck all!

Alright, the conditions lined up for the GBP/USD trade today. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.6499
Exit: at the open of the 5pm bar
S/L: 1.6459
TP: 1.6509

Happy trading!

It looks like the conditions lined up for the AU open trade today as well. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4578
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm bar
S/L: 1.4618
TP: 1.4568

Good luck!

The GBP/USD trade did not quite work out the way we wanted. We did not reach our TP or S/L, but we are still in the AU open trade currently. I will update the board as soon as this trade has completed.

Good morning fellow FXers,

The AU open trade worked out the way we wanted it to yesterday. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.4578
Exit Price: 1.4568

Trade Length: 4 bars
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

The conditions did not line up for the AU open trade today, but we will keep an eye open for the GBP/USD trade later today. With relation to that trade, we may be replacing it with a stronger trade within the next week or so; I will update the board as soon as I have more details.

If you placed a limit order around the year’s high as I suggested, you should have made at least 20 pips now.

Good luck trading today’s session! :slight_smile:

Alright friends,

The conditions lined up for the GBP/USD trade today. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.6473
Exit: at the open of the 5pm CST bar
S/L: 1.6433
TP: 1.6483

Good luck!

The conditions also lined up for us to take our EUR/USD AU open trade today. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4643
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.4683
TP: 1.4633

Happy trading!

The GBP/USD trade did not quite reach our TP or S/L today. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.6473
Exit Price: 1.6482

Profit: 9 pips ($90)

We are still in the EUR/USD, AU open trade at the moment. I will update the board once this trade ends as well.

Well, the AU open trade went the opposite direction on us today based a news event that established a new high for the year. No problem, we live to trade again tomorrow ;). Good luck in the overnight session and I will update the board in the morning. Cheers!

Good morning all,

The conditions did not line up for the 7am, pre-US open trade today in the EUR/USD. However, we are sitting near a major resistance point. This may be a good time to place a short limit order to be filled within 20-30 pips of the new high with a target of 60 pips or more.

I will update the board later today for the GBP/USD trade. Have a great day!

The conditions for the GBP/USD trade did not quite line up today, but I will update the board later for the AU open trade.

The conditions lined up for the AU open trade today. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.4786
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm bar
S/L: 1.4826
TP: 1.4776

At this position, you may consider trading a smaller lot size but looking for a possibly larger gain based on resistance. Good luck fellow FXers!

The AU open trade reached our TP today before continuing its bullish trend. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.4786
Exit Price: 1.4776

Length of trade: 2 bars
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

Good luck in tonight’s session…beware of expanding range ;).

Good morning friends,

The conditions did not line up for the 7am, pre-US open trade today. As always, I will update the board later today with info on our other two trades. I wish you the best of luck in today’s session. Cheers!

Sorry for the late update, but the conditions lined up for the GBP/USD trade today. Here is the setup:

Entry Price 1.6636
Exit: at the open of the 5pm CST bar
S/L: 1.6596
TP: 1.6646

Good luck!

The conditions did not line up for the AU open trade today, but we are still in the GBP/USD trade for another hour. I will update the board as soon as this trade is completed.