Great Trading Strategies

The AU open trade did not come about today, and it won’t happen tomorrow because it is the close of business for FX until Sunday. However, I will update this thread tomorrow morning as I look for the 7am trade to swing back around. As always, there is definite profit to be made during the overnight session.

Good luck friends, have a great night!

Thank you for this strategies. A trader without the right strategies is not at all satisfied as he keeps on looking for a way out. The old strategies may not be of great help as this may. Thank you once again I try this one out.

No problem, my hope is that this thread really helps a lot of new traders out. As you mentioned, it can be very difficult to determine an entry or exit point without experience. In fact, it can be very difficult to figure out how to even trade a system without some guidance. Hopefully, myself and some of the other trader’s experience can be of major benefit to those who have not developed systems, as we post some of our systems and how they are traded.

Thanks for the reply, feel free to let me know if you have any questions at all. Good luck!

Good morning fellow FXers,

The conditions for the 7am trade did not line up this morning. However, we are in the middle of a pretty string bearish move. This may prove to be a reversal point of the bullish trend, or it may be a type of foreshadowing for what to expect early next week. Keep in mind that we are very near the year’s high in the pair, which should provide us with a very good short-selling point (even if it turns out to be a short-term one).

In the daily chart, the down move thus far is within the pair’s recent trend. However, in the H4 chart, this drop is significant (we haven’t seen a down-bar like this in about 3 days - we’ll see if it holds its movement and closes anywhere near the low).

I will update this thread later on with my thoughts on the US close-AU open gap trade before 4pm CST. Until then, good luck and happy trading!

Well, trading for the week in FX has just about come to a close. Hopefully you all took advantage of both the long and short trades for a positive profit today. After the market closes today, be sure to take some time, take a breath, analyze the week’s action, take a look at other intervals to ensure that your analysis is interpreted correctly, backtest if you have the capability and know-how, and prepare your positions for next week. Being prepared ahead of time will save you a lot of grief, believe me, I know from experience ;).

My thoughts on the gap are that it will move down. Look to pick up a 10-20 pip profit if it does gap down. Be sure to be ready with you long orders if the gap down does occur.

Once again, have a great weekend and good luck! Cheers!

Good evening folks!

The gap didn’t quite materials on the AU open today, but there was a steep move down directly after slight move up, so your short orders should have been more than filled. Currently it appears to have reached a support point (we’ll see how long that holds up). This may be a good time to consider long orders for part of the overnight session, and then move to short orders as the London session progresses.

I will update the board tomorrow if the conditions line for 7am trade.

Have a great evening and good luck!

Good morning friends,

The conditions for the 7am trade didn’t line up this morning. However, I will update the board regarding the AU open trade later this afternoon.

As I mentioned last night, the London session was extremely bullish, completely retracing Friday’s bearish move. It appears to have hit resistance this morning and is making a move down (we’ll see how long this move will be). Just as I mentioned that the early London session would be bullish, expect to see a bearish move during the latter part of the London session if the recent trend continues.

Good luck friends, cheers!

Alright guys,

The conditions lined up for the AU open trade just now. Here is the setup:

Entry: 1.38054
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.38454
TP: 1.37954

There are many factors that play out in our favor for this trade today. The S/L is near R1 for the day, and our TP is above most S1’s for the day, the price is near the year high, and we have seen a fairly steady move up for quite a while in the EURUSD. We may hold onto this trade a little longer is our chances start to look increasingly promising of an extended down move (although this is not exceptionally likely).

Happy trading!

Good evening friends,

As I mentioned, the AU trade did not reach our S/L by a long shot, but it did not quite reach our TP either. The open of the 7:30pm CST bar was about 5 pips above where we entered. Based on analysis of the pair’s recent movement, I have held onto this order (as I mentioned previously), and I will continue to hold onto it throughout the evening. The TP and S/L have been adjusted to accommodate a more long-term stance on the trade. I will update you with the results in the morning.

Good luck trading tonight’s session. Ciao!

Morning all!

Hopefully your overnight trading (no matter how turbulent the session) was successful. This morning I have updates for two positions.

As we looked at yesterday, the AU open trade under normal circumstances would not have yielded us much of a profit. However, based on recent trending in the pair, we decided to hold on to the trade through the overnight session and came out ahead sometime around the 1:30am CST bar.

Profit = 10 pips ($100)

The conditions lined up for the 7am trade this morning as well. Here is the setup:

Entry: 1.38213
Exit: at the open of the 11am bar
S/L: 1.38813
TP: 1.38013

Keep in mind that the US session has been trending bearishly recently…there is a strong possibility that this will play out in our favor this morning.

I will update the board once this trade runs its course. Good luck fellow FXers!

Good evening friends,

I apologize for the late update…it appears that Baby Pips was inaccessible for a portion of the day.

The 7am trade worked out wonderfully this morning within a few bars, but the conditions for the AU open trade did not line up. Here was the setup for the 7am trade:

Entry: 1.38213
Exit: 1.38013

Profit = 20 pips ($200)

I will update the board tomorrow morning with conditions on the 7am trade. Also, I have a long system that I will add to the systems I’ve already mentioned that I will add soon.

Good luck in the over night session, cheers!

Good morning!

The conditions for the 7am trade lined up this morning. Here is the setup:

Entry: 1.34234
Exit: at the open of the 11am bar
S/L: 1.34834
TP: 1.34034

Hopefully you took advantage of the bullish swing last night. The pair has been moving in a fairly predictable direction recently. The bullish move last night was text-book, as was the bearish move yesterday after the clearly visible 30-minute head and shoulders formation just before the US session.

Recently, the US session has been trending in a bearish manner, once again you may consider letting this trade ride out with a trailing stop after a certain profit point.

As always, I will update the thread later today as I keep an eye open for the AU open trade. Hopefully these posts are really helping out many of the beginners to give you a system to stick with, and show you how to identify when things line up for your trades.

Happy pip hunting!

The 7am trade went the other way on us this morning (we got within .0001 pips of our target and then it took off in the other direction). No problem, we tip our hat to the pair and move on…better to live to trade another day :).

The conditions did not line up for the AU session trade today, however, keep an eye open for a possible bearish move during this session unless they react to some type of news release from earlier today (much in the way that the US reacted).

I will keep you updated as conditions line up tomorrow. Ciao and good luck tonight!

Conditions for the 7am trade did not line up this morning, but there will still be plenty of trading opportunities throughout the day. In a 30M, H4, and D1 interval, EURUSD appears to be stalling on its up move a bit. This may provide us with a significant shorting opportunity today. Keep a very close eye on it ;).

I will update the board later today for the AU trade. Good luck until then! :slight_smile:

Hey there friends,

The conditions lined up this afternoon for the AU open trade. Here is the setup:

Entry: 1.3965
Exit: at the open of the 7:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.4055
TP: 1.3955

There is some slight risk with this trade as the AU session has recently trended bullishly, but the 100+ pip bar spike this morning at around 7:30am may have reversed this trend. We’ll see what happens and I will keep you posted. Cheers!

The AU trade worked out for us today. Here’s how it broke down:

Entry: 1.3965
Exit: 1.3954

Trade length: 3 bars
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

Keep a very close eye on the pair throughout the remainder of the AU session. The “ranging,” 1 bar trend, then back to ranging pattern it followed throughout the course of the US session will most definitely come to an end and we’ll see some major action as the rest of the world responds to the press release from earlier.

The AU session often sets up for a major move during the London and Tokyo sessions. We definitively passed the previous year’s high today. Keep that in mind as you trade throughout the evening.

Good luck all, and I’ll update you in the morning. Godspeed!

Good morning all,

The conditions for the 7am trade did not line up this morning (the 6:30am CST bar closed down). We’ll have to wait until Monday for this trade again, and we will not have the opportunity to make the AU open trade because the market will close today.

We don’t have a clear trend yet in the pair. The large move yesterday has most everyone wondering what the exact direction of the price will be. However, with the stagnant movement that we are seeing thus far, it is very possible that a retracement of part of the move is coming soon (especially if the 1D interval closes in a shooting star formation like it’s doing now).

I will update the board later with my thoughts on the gap trade. Good luck all!

Evening folks,

Sorry for the late update. My thoughts are that this will gap up if there is a gap, however, no matter which way it gaps, be prepared for a short selling opportunity not long after the AU open on Sunday.

In the meantime, relax, take a deep breath, and take a break from FX for a day (if you can ;)). Have a great weekend and stay safe! Ciao!

Happy Sunday fellow FXers!

The gap did not occur however, our short sell order directly after the gap panned out perfectly for about a 20 pip gain around 4-5 30 bars after the open. I think that it’s a strong possibility of a move up tonight just slightly, and then a move down as the London session progresses.

Good luck all, I’ll update you in the morning!

Good morning all,

The conditions did not line up for the 7am trade this morning, but I will update you all on the AU trade later today. Hopefully we actually see some action during the US session today, but don’t hold your breath. The recent 4H trend has been for the pair to make a sharp move up (which it did), make about a 33% to 50% retracement of the move, and then range for several days after that. We’ll see if the trend continues.

In the meantime, both our long and short orders in the overnight session should have panned out. As I mentioned, the early London session ended up moving in a bullish direction, which changed to bearish as the session progressed.

Good luck on your trades this morning and throughout the session. Cheers!