Great Trading Strategies

The 3pm GBP/USD long trade was stopped out today and the AU open EUR/USD short trade conditions did not line up. That’s it for the day. Have a great evening and I will update the board in the morning!

Good morning fellow FXers,

Hopefully you had a great evening last night :slight_smile:

The conditions did not line up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade this morning. Next trade: the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions lined up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade this morning. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5371
Exit: at the open of the 6:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5331
TP: 1.5391

Happy trading!

The 9:30am GBP/USD long trade reached TP this morning. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.5371
Exit Price: 1.5391

Trade length: 1 bar
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions lined up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5391
Exit: at the open of the 3pm bar
S/L: 1.5361
TP: 1.5401

Good luck!

The conditions did not line up for the 3pm GBP/USD long trade, but the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.5391
Exit Price: 1.5401

Trade length: 4 bars
Profit: 10 pips ($100)

Next trade: the AU open EUR/USD short trade.

The conditions did not line up for the AU open EUR/USD short trade. That’s all for today folks, I will update the board in the morning. Good luck in the night session!

Hi, Tradetilidie.
I’m interested in learning how you do your trades, and I’ve read through the first 11 pages or so, but I still have no clue how you are making your trades. I haven’t really understood much if anything.

It’s probably because I’m a beginner at Forex, but maybe, you could explain a few things to me.

Here, this is your first post where you explain your strategy:

Alright guys, I’ve got a strategy that has paid off for me both in the recent EUR/USD bear-market, and over time. This 30 min strategy has been backtested since 06/03/09 and since 12/30/2002 and has over a 70% success rate. Here’s the setup:

Entry:

• if the 6:30 bar closes up, get in at 7am CST

Entry signal:

enter at the open of the 7am bar

Exit:

• 11am CST

Exit signal:

• exit at the open of the 11am bar

Stop/Limit:

• Stop - .006 pips
  • Limit - .002 pips

Good luck!

Now, what currency pair were you referring to, and for your entry signal, what did you mean when you wrote “enter at the open of the 7am bar”?
Why at the 7am bar and what is the reasoning behind it?
What fundamentals and technical signals do you look for?

I realize that my questions may seem silly and/or stupid, but I really want to learn.

Thanks

• Pippard.

Good morning all,

Hopefully you have a successful overnight session :slight_smile:

The conditions did not line up for the 7am EUR/USD short trade this morning. Next trade: the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade.

The conditions did not line up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade. Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

Sorry for the late update folks, the conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm, 3pm GBP/USD, or the AU open EUR/USD short trade today. As improbable as it is, we completely struck out today :wink:

Good luck in the overnight session and I will update the board in the morning.

Good morning folks,

The conditions lined up for the 9:30am GBP/USD long trade. Here is the setup:

Entry Price: 1.5377
Exit: at the open of the 6:30pm CST bar
S/L: 1.5337
TP: 1.5397

Happy trading!

The 9:30am GBP/USD long trade reached TP. Here is how the trade played out:

Entry Price: 1.5377
Exit Price: 1.5397

Trade length: 1 bar
Profit: 20 pips ($200)

Next trade: the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade.

Hi TTID,

I tried your strategy for this morning’s GU trade and it worked out great! I was wondering if you look at the 15m charts before entering on the 30m chart for an indication of a more immediate trend? At the moment of writing this, the 2nd candle on the 15m chart is down, so would you still want to go in or would you prefer to have both candles on the 15m chart be positive?

Thanks for the post MysticX,

These systems are based on 30M bars only. If you plan on adjusting your lot size based on price-levels, I recommend using a minimum of the 30M interval to make this determinations in order to avoid undue “noise” in making a decision.

I’m really glad that the trade worked out for you this morning. Be sure to keep in mind that this is a system that is proven over time (meaning, there will be losses but you should win much more than you lose).

Hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

The conditions did not line up for the 12:30pm GBP/USD long trade. Next trade: the 3pm GBP/USD long trade.

Sure does, thanks! :slight_smile: I started FX a couple weeks ago thanks to a free $50 micro account with FXCM. Have had some hard losses (relatively speaking) but have been much better as of late.

I’ve tried to read as much of this thread as possible today, but I work full-time so haven’t been able to read it all. So, looking at the G/U chart, how did the conditions not line up? I’m under the impression that on the 30M chart, we are only looking at the candle ending at 12:30. Are there are any other indicators that you’re using? And why 7, 9:30, 12:30 and 4pm Central time? (I’m Eastern time zone so trying to remember to convert!)

Actually, the bar that triggers the trade is alway the preceding bar. For instance, the current 30M bar is the 12:30pm CST bar. Had the 12 noon CST bar closed down today, then the conditions would have lined up but, unfortunately, they did not.

As to the reason for those specific times, historically those times show the highest degree of natural bias in a certain direction over a period of time. This is discovered using statistical backtesting.

I know it can be a bit confusing, but that should shed a bit more light on the trade and the overall process :slight_smile:

Oh wow, knowing the hours seems to be very useful then! When it’s so early in the day, how do you go about forecasting Long/Short and which market to focus on for later on in the day?